Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey just wondering if the submissions are looked at in the order they come in? So for example if you knew someone who submitted a week after you did and they were accepted would that mean there's no chance if you didn't hear back?
    Not that it happened just an example.

Comment

It would seem it is based on order of reception, but we really don't know for sure. We will have to wait for epic to reveal more. =)

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

So, my project is either really bad OR they do NOT take after the order of reception. I submitted my personal project, "Nikola" in the first day, just after a few hours after they have announced the whole grants system.
        Anywho, it seems like no one really knows how it works, except for Epic. If we at least got a NO mail, or maybe even an auto-mail, this might be a bit more under control. So we should just wait, I guess and hopefully it will clear out.

To sum it up, here's what we generally have no idea about:
        1. if Epic got to read through our mail
        2. if we were supposed to ask for the budget ourselves
        3. if the project qualifies or no - this most important step actually seems to be debatable since we can send updated projects later on anyway

So what I guess we know is:
        1. Some projects are more important than others: think koola for example. But this makes a lot of sense and no one should hate on it.

So patience cowboys! What could possibly go wrong? xD (don't answer that)
        Last edited by Virgil Tuser; 04-07-2015, 10:28 AM. Reason: Forgot to add an important note!

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Tuser View Post
          So, my project is either really bad OR they do NOT take after the order of reception. I submitted my personal project, "Nikola" in the first day, just after a few hours after they have announced the whole grants system.
          Anywho, it seems like no one really knows how it works, except for Epic. If we at least got a NO mail, or maybe even an auto-mail, this might be a bit more under control. So we should just wait, I guess and hopefully it will clear out.

To sum it up, here's what we generally have no idea about:
          1. if Epic got to read through our mail
          2. if we were supposed to ask for the budget ourselves
          3. if the project qualifies or no - this most important step actually seems to be debatable since we can send updated projects later on anyway

So what I guess we know is:
          1. Some projects are more important than others: think koola for example. But this makes a lot of sense and no one should hate on it.

So patience cowboys! What could possibly go wrong? xD (don't answer that)
          Hey there! Want to clarify on a couple items

When we launched, we didn't have the auto-response set up on the email alias, but we do now!

IF YOU SUBMITTED BEFORE OR DURING GDC

We're still working through the list and hope to be able to get a message out acknowledging the application. Still a ways to go here, but we're getting there!

IF YOU SUBMITTED A SHORT WHILE AFTER GDC

You should have received the following auto-response

Hey there! Thanks for submitting your project for Unreal Dev Grants! We’ve received your application and will be reviewing it shortly. As a reminder, your project must be made in Unreal Engine 4, and projects still in the design or ideation phase are likely too early to qualify. Video and builds of working prototypes that communicate your product well are a big plus.

So what happens next?

With the overwhelming number of applications we receive each day, we simply cannot respond directly to each and every submission for Unreal Dev Grants. If we choose your project for an Unreal Dev Grant or If we require more information, you’ll certainly be hearing from us!

For more information regarding the program, check out the Unreal Dev Grants webpage and head on over to the Unreal Dev Grants forum thread where you can find FAQs, talk with other Unreal Engine developers, ask questions, and see past grants winners.

Webpage: https://www.unrealengine.com/unrealdevgrants

Forum Thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...eal-Dev-Grants

Always be creating!

The Unreal Dev Grants Team
          A few of you have also received the Support auto-response after GDC, which was a bug in our tracking software. If so, disregard it completely.

Hopefully that clears some of it up

Chance
          Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Originally posted by InnerDreamHMH View Post
            Congrats to all dev grants winners and applicants, the projects looks so great.

We just send our application, and we hope you like our project. We´re students and this is our end-degree project. Is a fighting game with a futuristic look.

Last video:

Here is our thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Fighting-game
            Is there a reason your project page is redirect to from here? https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Game_Page_Creation

Comment

Originally posted by Juxtapox View Post
              Is there a reason your project page is redirect to from here? https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Game_Page_Creation
              Fixed, Thanks for the heads up. But yeah, People, Please don't do that. Nothing screams "Spam" more than adding random redirects to empty Wiki pages.
              KITATUS
              "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
                Hey there! Want to clarify on a couple items

When we launched, we didn't have the auto-response set up on the email alias, but we do now!

IF YOU SUBMITTED BEFORE OR DURING GDC

We're still working through the list and hope to be able to get a message out acknowledging the application. Still a ways to go here, but we're getting there!

IF YOU SUBMITTED A SHORT WHILE AFTER GDC

You should have received the following auto-response

A few of you have also received the Support auto-response after GDC, which was a bug in our tracking software. If so, disregard it completely.

Hopefully that clears some of it up

Chance
                Thank you for the update Chance. I've been sitting on pins and needles since working on my submission and getting it out 34 hours past the Twitch Stream. I have a prototype staging build that now works great in 4.7.4, should I send it over so you can try it out? I can get it up by the end of the day. BTW... I was going to send this once I worked through a couple issues on the AnswerHub forums but thought I might have been past the mark.

Thanks Chance!

Comment

I've been wanting to submit for sometime but I'm a little weary. Is there a restriction on the type of game it is? As in subject matter or what not? I'm working on my dream project, putting in quite a bit of money on something that isn't PG. So I'm unsure if I would be turned away just because of the content within the game.

Hope to hear a response from the staff so I can draft up a doc for submission.

Thanks.

-Brad
                  Current Project: Shadow Over Isolation

Comment

Hi Chance,

We submitted our grant request during GDC and have since been Greenlit (and we've got a fair amount of content on our Steam Greenlight page.) Should we send in an update about this? On the stream during GDC the guys said that they'd welcome updates and resubmissions. It's kinda worrying that we haven't received any response thus far as the grant could really help our small 2-man team

Matt.
                    Last edited by TTaM; 04-08-2015, 06:08 AM. Reason: Typo.
                    TTaM, Daekesh, Lumberjack. [Barrage] [Greenlight]
                    Yes, the golden pigs fly at midnight - but do not listen to them, they speak only lies and treachery.

Comment

He mentioned above that they are still working on pre GDC submissions. They probably haven't gotten around to yours yet. Also if you have updates, you should deinitely send them in. I've done so twice now. (My submission was pre GDC as well.) Good luck! =)

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
                        He mentioned above that they are still working on pre GDC submissions. They probably haven't gotten around to yours yet. Also if you have updates, you should deinitely send them in. I've done so twice now. (My submission was pre GDC as well.) Good luck! =)
                        Agreed!

Might as well keep pushing out weekly or bi-weekly updates. Chance, as a heads up, I'm going to prepare a 4.7.5 Standalone release that the team can demo. It's real early stuff but I have been making some headway on other aspects of the game so I'll send the demo sometime between now and the end of the week for you guys to try out along with any additional material.

Thanks!

Comment

I don't know if you should submit that often. =P Personally I only did once something significant has changed, or progressed. Wouldn't want to spam them, and given they are still in the pre GDC submissions it may be a while. Just a thought. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Juxtapox View Post

Ohhhh! Sorry Juxtapox! and thanks for the warning , we just fix it

Here is: http://goo.gl/jzy92a

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
                              I don't know if you should submit that often. =P Personally I only did once something significant has changed, or progressed. Wouldn't want to spam them, and given they are still in the pre GDC submissions it may be a while. Just a thought. =)
                              I actually came back to the thread just now thinking the same thing and to update that lol. I've submitted I believe 2 updates so far since the day after the Twitch Announcement. But I think after the build, that'll probably be the last one for a little since they are probably almost done going through them and if I don't hear back soon, then it's unlikely it would make a difference at that point. If at anything maybe an update once in a blue moon after it but I just want to make sure I'm getting them as much as I can to give me the best shot while it's still possible of course but definitely don't want to spam their inbox with all the incoming email it's probably getting

Fingers crossed they announce a couple more tomorrow!

Comment

Just devide 5 000 000 by 50 000 and you get 100 projects. Well in fact there are lots of good things in the community - technically and by content. But we see very personal politic for example in Steam where many "indies" go without greenlight directly to market but others are forced to boil among young lols and ggs. So I wait something similar here. Can I get know what is supposed to be as "cool things"? We all admire our collegues when they show high results while projects are still in development - but when we play finished games that are polished and have top graphics - well, sometimes we disappoint cuz there is nothing interesting and we understand that game was done under impressions from others. I just imagine how many clones of shooters Epics get. Just allow they are all "cool". What then? They decide by innovations, or creative design, or even narrative or music?

Comment

Working...
                                X