Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got two emails as confirmation, one stating the id and an email to reply to in case of additional information "unrealdevgrants+idXXXXXX@unrealengine.zendesk.com" and the other that they get spammed and a reply can take longer along with a nice phrasing that people should stop sending them **** they made up 2 hours ago .

There is this passage:
    "With the overwhelming number of applications we receive each day, we simply cannot respond directly to each and every submission for Unreal Dev Grants. If we choose your project for an Unreal Dev Grant or If we require more information, you’ll certainly be hearing from us!"
    ...which basically means that no, you are not guranteed to ever get an answer for your submission. At least that's what that means to me, maybe an official should speak up if it is planned to send out "nope" emails at a later point.
    Limited access is an illusion of limited minds.

Comment

I never got a number. You sure that isn't the auto response Chance said to disregard? I think that was a CS thing, and nothing to do with the Dev Grants.

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Huh, maybe it's a new thing then cause I've gotten none of those.

Comment

I wonder how many they have received? We haven't heard anything outside of the initial 60 before the stream announcement. It's unfortunate that we won't hear back if we aren't chosen, never knowing if your project hasn't been reviewed yet or wasn't selected. =/

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Just a note on a typo on the Unreal Dev Grants page:

"We'd love to see class projects, engine extentions, curricula, tutorials, or any other creative or innovative work related to UE4 and education."
            should be "extensions" not "extentions"
            Carlos Montero | @cman2k | Technical Art Director @neoglyphic
            Working on Sunborn Rising and the Neofur Plugin | I made Black Mesa

Comment

Congrats to all dev grants winners and applicants, the projects looks so great.

We just send our application, and we hope you like our project. We´re students and this is our end-degree project. Is a fighting game with a futuristic look.

Last video:

Here is our thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Fighting-game
              Last edited by InnerDreamHMH; 03-26-2015, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Hey Cman2k,

Thank you so much for noticing this misspelling. I've entered in a report to have this corrected. If for any reason you need to reference this report, please refer to: UEDOC-1421

Have a wonderful day!
                Twitter @UnrealSamantha
                Mobile Development Troubleshooting Guide | Package and Deployment Troubleshooting | How do I report a bug?
                Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Samantha Sutton[/MENTION]

Comment

Congrats to the new grant winners!

Comment

Hey ^^

I've just sent a mail, but as it is a proposition i hope i have an answer soon
                    http://davidboura.deviantart.com/gallery/
                    https://soundcloud.com/davidboura

Comment

In regards to the "Mario Kart style game" conversation, heres a Project Myself and another guy are producing during our University course.

https://vimeo.com/123741980

Acacia: Phurosion Time Trials - Fast Paced 3D Time Attack

Work in Progress, all will change and improve

Current music is placeholder music

Audio work, character art, Animations, enemies characters, power ups, more tracks, additional player modes (2 player) etc, all currently in development.

Crit is more than welcome

Hopefully will be on Steam Greenlight very soon!

Comment

Can my project just be shared with Epic? I'd like to keep it under wraps until were ready for prime time.
                        Or if chosen keep the details at minimum?
                        Last edited by Higher Level; 04-03-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RK View Post
                          Can my project just be shared with Epic? I'd like to keep it under wraps until were ready for prime time.
                          Or if chosen keep the details at minimum?
                          Hey RK! Epic said that they understand that some teams want to keep their information under wraps and they completely respect that. I'd let them know in your submission that you'd like to keep it private but send as much as you can to the team so they can get a great idea of what you're working on! Good luck

Comment

How do grants work? What if you need a specific amount of money? What happens if you need $40,000-$50,000?

Comment

Originally posted by HellcatBen View Post
                              How do grants work? What if you need a specific amount of money? What happens if you need $40,000-$50,000?
                              Generally with grants you specify the amount you are requesting. I'm not certain if this is how Epic's works though as they didn't really mention one way or another. It may be that they give you whatever amount they assess based on the project. I put an amount in my email since I wasn't sure myself, but it could very well be a different number they award if I were lucky enough to be selected.
                              Last edited by SE_JonF; 04-04-2015, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Stryker View Post
                                Hey RK! Epic said that they understand that some teams want to keep their information under wraps and they completely respect that. I'd let them know in your submission that you'd like to keep it private but send as much as you can to the team so they can get a great idea of what you're working on! Good luck
                                Hey Stryker, thank you. Its clear then, I will submit. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X