X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi everyone!

It has been a long and exciting journey (since December 17th!) but the Preview for version 4.7 is now complete. 4.7 is released!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-4-7-Released!

Thank you all so much the help in reporting issues and improving this release. Of course we weren't able to get to all the bugs, but we have fixed hundreds. And with the help you provided, we certainly caught some which we wouldn't have been able to otherwise.

I know there are still some unresolved issues on this forum thread, but because the Preview has come to an end, I am going to close down this thread. If you still experience a bug in the 4.7.0 release, please log a report for it on the AnswerHub to the Bug Reports section if you haven't already yet. If you wish to discuss something about the release, please feel free to do so in the new discussion thread.

Cheers, and thanks again for all the help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by lysergide View Post
    I am on Windows, with the latest launcher, but i cannot see 4.7 preview listed in the available versions.

Has anyone else come across this issue ? What can i do? I tried quitting, logging out, already.
    Hi there,

Are you still having this issue? We are trying to track down the cause of it currently, if possible could you please post a screenshot showing of the contents of this folder: "C:\ProgramData\Epic\EpicGamesLauncher\Data\Manifests"

If you are not able to find the ProgramData folder, click on the "View" menu/tab at the top of Windows Explorer and open up the Options menu. From the popup that opens select the View tab, and then change the option for "Hidden files and folders" to "Show hidden files, folders, drives", and press Ok. You should now see ProgramData in the list of folders on your main drive.

That will help us find the cause of this issue. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Swilliams View Post
    I downloaded 4.7 which is said to be much better for VR.

When i open my project, i get an instant crash, every time i try it. I have submitted a few crash reports, but on looking more closely at the last one error log, I am sure it is to do with some of my scenes which are using Distant field shadows.

Here is a clip from the Log -

Assertion failed: NumPlanes < 12 [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\DistanceFieldShadowing.cpp] [Line: 115]

If i changed the shadows back to normal, re-saved in 4.6. Would it still work in 4.7 with normal shadowing, and would it still work and be stable if I added distance field shadows again in the 4.7 build?
    That worked. Took some time, but 4.7 is up and running now. I have 2 small problems now.

1: I cant compile a test game, it hangs on compiling a shader for a material which appears to have no problems, and is very very basic, a dif, spec and normal texture, that it?

2: I started with the VR template in 4.6.1, its changed a lot from the original template, but i have never touched the character model and linked IK to the steering wheel, and now its not connected. The components are fine, and the blueprints all compile as normal, but mt characters hands no longer attach to the wheel. Apart from these two small problems, it all seems to be working fine and i do get an FPS increase in 4.7 for VR
    Last edited by MAGtechnologies; 02-23-2015, 10:14 PM. Reason: typos, as usual :)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by lysergide View Post
    I am on Windows, with the latest launcher, but i cannot see 4.7 preview listed in the available versions.

Has anyone else come across this issue ? What can i do? I tried quitting, logging out, already.
    I had the same problem, I cleared everything out of the Vaultcache except for one 4.7 project and it offered me the update.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I downloaded 4.7 which is said to be much better for VR.

When i open my project, i get an instant crash, every time i try it. I have submitted a few crash reports, but on looking more closely at the last one error log, I am sure it is to do with some of my scenes which are using Distant field shadows.

Here is a clip from the Log -

Assertion failed: NumPlanes < 12 [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\DistanceFieldShadowing.cpp] [Line: 115]

If i changed the shadows back to normal, re-saved in 4.6. Would it still work in 4.7 with normal shadowing, and would it still work and be stable if I added distance field shadows again in the 4.7 build?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Phobos View Post
    I didn't see any acknowledgement about this issue. Is this tracked somewhere with a potential ETA or Hotfix CL#?

Cheers,
    I think this was fixed by https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...7c7c72a76608ba

Cheers,
    Michael Noland

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks. I believe my scalability is already set to EPIC. I will do some more analysis when i get home from work. If i still have the problem, i will set up a post in answerhub

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
    Shadows are working in 4.7 P8 with the camera orthographic view from what I see:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26687[/ATTACH]

You may want to check the Engine Scalability settings and make sure that they're set to EPIC, otherwise you will lose the ability to see shadows and post processing along with some other things.

If you're still having the issue, make a post on the AnswerHub and reply here with a link. I'll assign myself and we can look at what may be the root cause.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NATO_chrisjm View Post
    Is this bsp colour a permanent change? I rather liked the two tone version.

[shot]http://puu.sh/g0WEt/313b3916c5.png[/shot]

I didn't see any acknowledgement about this issue. Is this tracked somewhere with a potential ETA or Hotfix CL#?

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry for the bump,

Do I need to report this as a bug?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guys any estimated date for 4.7.1 to come ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VSZ View Post
    Question for Epic:

Curious to know what the chances of UE-10283 being resolved in time for 4.7 are. The recent Twitch stream indicated that RC builds are on the horizon so that makes me a little anxious.

The reason I'm following up proactively on this bug is because affected projects cannot run their game in standalone mode which makes it a complete blocker for anyone who needs to run standalone or distribute shipped builds for testing or recording (quicker w/o editor). This would be the second major release in a row where standalone builds don't fully work as 4.6 had the widely reported event dispatcher bug for standalone games, so (at the risk of being nagging and annoying ) I want to make sure this bug is highlighted for your consideration.

Edit: Adding link to reported issue UE-10283: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...le-issues.html
    Hi VSZ,

This is still being assessed by the development staff and may take some time to be implemented in the engine. We appreciate your patience while we get to the root of the error. I do not have a timeframe of when a fix will be implemented on this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    4.7 Preview 8 bug

Editor is duplicating projects ( they are visible inside the launcher, but they don't really exist on the hard drive )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    By the way, Since how long has "Launch Character" been broken? It only works in one direction no matter what settings you choose. Replicated this in multiple projects and multiple engine versions (4.6 and 4.7 preview 8) :<

Edit: I think I've figure out why, Let me test!

Edit Edit: Seems to be doing it via world location. My bad.
    Last edited by KITATUS; 02-23-2015, 01:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Makotech222 View Post
    Does anyone else have a problem with casting shadows being shown in orthographic camera in 4.7p8? None of my objects cast shadows when i set my camera to orthographic.
    Shadows are working in 4.7 P8 with the camera orthographic view from what I see:

Click image for larger version

Name:	shadows47orthographic.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	395.7 KB
ID:	1066972

You may want to check the Engine Scalability settings and make sure that they're set to EPIC, otherwise you will lose the ability to see shadows and post processing along with some other things.

If you're still having the issue, make a post on the AnswerHub and reply here with a link. I'll assign myself and we can look at what may be the root cause.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X