This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I just finally got round to playing with 4.7 previews and noticed that (on a mac) cmd+w which should close a tab quits the editor, this is very odd behaviour on the mac as cmd+q should quit, cmd+w is for closing windows, not applications. I have reported it on Answerhub too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is this in development or shipping?
    Right now 'shipping' stands the best chance of working - there might well be another error which is causing that to happen; the error itself is because something else has failed but Chrome hasn't as yet managed to parse the 'on_fatal' function to call it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not sure that many people are really working with HTML5, but has anyone successfully launched on Chrome 32bit in 4.7?
    I keep getting "Assertion failed: Cannot call unknown function on_fatal (perhaps LLVM optimizations or closure removed it?)"

This is with an empty project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've reported 2 bugs for 4.6.1 with crash logs and none of them seems fixed so far.

The reimport FBX bug what I've reported a few month's ago got fixed only in 4.6.1

We are not reporting bugs with logs just to have a discussion on Answerhub.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Because the Blueprint it is created from might depend on that component being present it simply isn't safe to allow it to be removed without breaking the author's assumptions. There are still some ongoing discussions about what level of control we need to provide the blueprint author to lock certain components or properties from being edited at the instance level. Not an issue small teams are likely to run in to, but larger teams may need a higher level of control, but these discussions will be for future releases, not 4.7.
    Interesting... how about, if you try to delete a child you get a warning like: "Deleting this object will causing this BP instance to break from the original BP asset. Are you sure?". If they say yes, you make the BP asset an ordinary Actor instance in the scene with it's children attached. It loses it's link back to the BP Asset.

Tommy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It seems that there might be an issue in cooking your content in UE 4.7.7. When I tried to compile my project, I got this message.

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 1246.3252858s to run UE4Editor-Cmd.exe, ExitCode=1
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Project.Cook: Cook failed. Deleting cooked data.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ErrorReporter.Error: ERROR: AutomationTool error: Cook failed.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for C:\Users\Bruce Oberleitner\Documents\Unreal Projects\BpoFPS2015 4.7\BpoFPS2015.uproject; see log C:\Users\Bruce Oberleitner\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Unreal+Engine4+4.7\Cook.txt
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Stacktrace: at Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at BuildCommand.Execute()
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param)
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: ERROR: BUILD FAILED: Failed while running Cook for C:\Users\Bruce Oberleitner\Documents\Unreal Projects\BpoFPS2015 4.7\BpoFPS2015.uproject; see log C:\Users\Bruce Oberleitner\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Unreal+Engine4+4.7\Cook.txt
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): copying UAT log files...
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
    MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TommyBear View Post
    - I can place my blueprint around the scene and then alter one of the instances, for example, change the position of a child cube static mesh, for that one instance that is a little different from every other BP actor(Awesome)
    - I can then apply my changes to this one instance, to all other instances and update the original asset (Awesome)
    - I can modify one instance (change the location of a child cube to be slighting left) and another instance(change the location of a child cube to be to the right) and then change something that neither has modified from default and apply only that new change to all instances (non destructive for my per instance changes in scene) <---- AWESOME!!!
    I'm sad to say I had to turn off the ability to modify properties on blueprint created component on a per actor basis on Friday.

It was causing a wide swath of different kinds of bugs and while I had managed to chase down and fix a fair number of them, the find rate on new issues that could be traced back to that change was very high and so the overall risk to getting 4.7 released was just too high. So for any blueprint constructed component, it will go back to being read-only on the instance. I will be continuing to push hard on this to ensure it can be turned back on for 4.8 without causing all the other bugs (likely the day/night issue mentioned above is caused by this) it currently is.

- I can't delete a child in an instance (in scene), I can only do this in the blueprint editor (Not great)
    Because the Blueprint it is created from might depend on that component being present it simply isn't safe to allow it to be removed without breaking the author's assumptions. There are still some ongoing discussions about what level of control we need to provide the blueprint author to lock certain components or properties from being edited at the instance level. Not an issue small teams are likely to run in to, but larger teams may need a higher level of control, but these discussions will be for future releases, not 4.7.

I think it would be awesome to take an instance I just modified and have the option to create a NEW blueprint from that instance too. Effectively creating a new blueprint, breaking that instance from the original and replacing it with the new blueprint asset instance.
    You can do that (or at least in the next release, I don't have preview 7 available to check current state), it should be in the Edit Blueprint menu next to the components. In the version at head of the 4.7 branch it is called Create Child Blueprint Class.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FrankieV View Post
    Had the same problem on some of my materials,mostly foliage mostly, and to fix it I changed the lighting model (to 2 sided foliage) and that fixed it. Did you try a basic material?
    Just tried a basic material and it works just fine upon reloading the editor. I can't change my ocean or my multiple skydome materials to Two Sided Foliage lighting though (and wouldn't want to) since they use another setting already, and are not foliage. All of the materials that are not working are translucent so maybe that's the issue, but I couldn't find any known issues listed on the first page relating to it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
    UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 7 for 4.7! This update to the preview contains an additional 25 bug fixes. Please view the original post on page 1 of this thread for the updated "Known Issues" list.

Preview 7 has moved Blueprintable Components out of "experimental". Please help us test this new feature.
    • Create your own component types using Blueprint scripting! You can save these components and reuse them on any actor!
    • Click “Add Component”, then select “New Blueprint Script Component…” right at the top. You can do this on actors in your level, from inside any Actor Class Blueprint, and even from the Content Browser’s “New Blueprint…” window.
    • Choose a Parent Class for your new component. “Scene Components” have a 3D position within the actor, but “Actor Components” only have scripting logic. Unless you need a location for something, choose “Actor Component” for your base class. Afterwards, you’ll be prompted to save your new component as an asset.
    • Write Blueprint script code for your new component.
    • Now, you can drop the component onto any actor in your scene

Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.7 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.

Great news, this release seems a lot better than preview 6 on OS X. It took around 12 hours to go through the UMG inventory video series on preview 6, the editor was literally crashing anywhere from every 10 seconds to every ~3 minutes as virtually anything I did would cause a crash. I wouldn't doubt if I had well over 100 crashes in that time frame.

I wanted to compare with preview 7, so I went through the tutorial again and did much better. The editor clocked in at around 15 crashes. Still far too many, but a marked improvement. I really hope the next build will continue to improve and gain more stability on OS X.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

first, thanks for the Blueprint Components, these are the biggest change for me and get me to rewrite my whole marketplace asset to components, since they are much cleaner and easier to handle for users

Though, there is still an issue with replication of variables not working with components, which would be a nogo if this doesnt work (see answerhub post).

Cheers,
    Indy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Testing Preview 7...

I have some custom trigger boxes I use for game play purposes, all created using blueprints. In the construction script, I set some material values for color changes, and scale values. The material values work fine, but the scale value does not work anymore.

I use a SetWorldScale3D node to set the scale. It used to work before, and all the triggers I have in my level that I placed in an older version, is still scaled correctly, but I can't change it and placing any new ones can't be scaled at all either.

I've re-compiled the blueprint, tried recreating the nodes, tried using relative scale in stead, none of that works, so I'm assuming a possible bug in there.

EDIT:-

This could be all transforms, not just scale. I have another blueprint that I use for a game play object with components I control like location and also scale and none of that works either. Existing stuff seems to hold it's setup, but trying to make changes or adding new blueprints to the scene and then changing those settings, doesn't work.
    Last edited by Obihb; 02-15-2015, 05:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UPDATE: This is awesome, read below v

So with preview 7, I can override a base function in BP, which is excellent btw, however when I implement my override in the derived BP, I can't call the parent implementation... is this intentional or work in progress? It is actually terribly limiting, as I want my parent BP to have common boilerplate funtionality and then I want by derived BP to call the parent to perform this functionality and then add some more specialized functionality on top. Is calling the parent function in a derived overriden child function possible at all?

Tommy.

EDIT: Also noticed that functions in a parent BP are not overridable in a derived BP unless they have return parameters... is that also intentional?
    EDIT2: ^ This above is intentional
    EDIT3: OMG, you just right click the function node and select "Add call to parent".... mind blown
    Last edited by TommyBear; 02-15-2015, 07:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dmo9001 View Post
    Thanks Tommy, no Mono install here. I just tried to build using File->Package->Windows (64-bit) and it worked so I don't know. I thought you always had to "Cook Content" before building so I guess I just stopped there when it didn't work.
    The "Cook Content for Windows" File menu option still errors out for me though, even after a successful build. I guess it's not important for now seeing as I can build/package.
    Oh right.... I totally misread that! Yeah I never actually cook, I just striaight out package and have it cook for me. That is a bug I imagine, you should be able to just cook for a platform.

Tommy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmmm... no problem here. Are you using File | Package | Windows (64-bit), and are you on Windows 7, 8, 10? I'm on 8.1 and I just ran that successfully. You might have a issue with your mono installation perhaps.
    Thanks Tommy, no Mono install here. I just tried to build using File->Package->Windows (64-bit) and it worked so I don't know. I thought you always had to "Cook Content" before building so I guess I just stopped there when it didn't work.
    The "Cook Content for Windows" File menu option still errors out for me though, even after a successful build. I guess it's not important for now seeing as I can build/package.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I seem to have angered the Unreal gods and made a BP setup that results in an instant crash. Basically I have a startup map with a Payload BP. In its graph, it handles the begin play event, and then assigns to BPs it has, in properties on itself, to the properties of an GameInstance derived BP. It then immediately changes maps. The idea is that the BPs in question are now referenced and don't go away when I change maps, making them persistent.

Report is here:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...h-project.html

Minimal project zip is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iomucxtavtrersz/ZQ.zip?dl=0

Tommy.

EDIT: This is one Windows 8.1
    EDIT2: Setting a timer and waiting a little bit before changing maps does not fix the issue
    EDIT3: Some debug info:

Message and Callstack:
    Code:
    Fatal error: [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Editor.cpp] [Line: 6987] 
    World /Game/Rooms/UEDPIE_0_StartupRoom.StartupRoom not cleaned up by garbage collection!
       (Object is not currently rooted)

KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb546b606c) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
    UE4Editor-Core.dll!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize() (0x00007ffb385a68d4) + 0 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:95]
    UE4Editor-Core.dll!FMsg::Logf__VA() (0x00007ffb384276df) + 0 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:526]
    UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::VerifyLoadMapWorldCleanup() (0x00007ffb33cf170f) + 143 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editor.cpp:6987]
    UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UEngine::LoadMap() (0x00007ffb2e54f5da) + 0 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:8733]
    UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UEngine::Browse() (0x00007ffb2e51bdc2) + 40 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:8144]
    UE4Editor-Engine.dll!UEngine::TickWorldTravel() (0x00007ffb2e5672fd) + 63 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:8311]
    UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UEditorEngine::Tick() (0x00007ffb33cedcd5) + 0 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editor.cpp:1267]
    UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() (0x00007ffb341a7456) + 0 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:347]
    UE4Editor.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff7ab1f0263) + 0 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2257]
    UE4Editor.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff7ab1e267c) + 0 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
    UE4Editor.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff7ab1e26ea) + 5 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
    UE4Editor.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff7ab1f2219) + 17 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.7\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:202]
    UE4Editor.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff7ab1f3159) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
    KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb564216ad) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
    ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb571deb64) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
    ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffb571deb64) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
    Last edited by TommyBear; 02-14-2015, 11:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X