Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have problem in 4.7 with bp_sky_sphere, in 4.6.1 after adding sky_sphere i can see sun, but in 4.7 i can see it only in reflections but not in the sky(only clouds), any idea how to repair this? I asked in "answers" site but noone replied.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrian View Post
      Super quick test:

~25k instances of SM_Bush, ~20M triangles.

This runs ~2fps in 4.6 and ~35fps in 4.7 (HD6970 2GB).

(I just used the foliage tool with SM_Bush, touched nothing else.)
      I just did a similar test using the FPS template:

So I did with 2 maps: one with manually placed foliage and another one using the foliage tool, without changing any options. Both maps have ~4k instances of SM_Bush
      Using the exactly same point of view, here are the results on 3 different PCs:

GTX 770:

manual 4.6: ~22fps
      manual 4.7: ~20fps
      foliage tool 4.6: ~66fps
      foliage tool 4.7: ~62fps

GTX 770 mobile (laptop):

manual 4.6: ~15fps
      manual 4.7: ~16fps
      foliage tool 4.6: ~47fps
      foliage tool 4.7: ~43fps

GTX 970:

manual 4.6: ~35fps
      manual 4.7: ~34fps
      foliage tool 4.6: ~100fps
      foliage tool 4.7: ~90fps

It's really weird we got such different results. And for the looks of it, in my tests the 4.6 version performed better.

Comment

Originally posted by Luis Oliveira View Post
        I just did a similar test using the FPS template:

So I did with 2 maps: one with manually placed foliage and another one using the foliage tool, without changing any options. Both maps have ~4k instances of SM_Bush
        Using the exactly same point of view, here are the results on 3 different PCs:

GTX 770:

manual 4.6: ~22fps
        manual 4.7: ~20fps
        foliage tool 4.6: ~66fps
        foliage tool 4.7: ~62fps

GTX 770 mobile (laptop):

manual 4.6: ~15fps
        manual 4.7: ~16fps
        foliage tool 4.6: ~47fps
        foliage tool 4.7: ~43fps

GTX 970:

manual 4.6: ~35fps
        manual 4.7: ~34fps
        foliage tool 4.6: ~100fps
        foliage tool 4.7: ~90fps

It's really weird we got such different results. And for the looks of it, in my tests the 4.6 version performed better.
        You placed ~4k instances, Terrian had ~25k of them, so over 6 times more. Perhaps new foliage rendering method has slightly bigger overhead, but performs much better with significant number of foliage instances. Also, there may be other reasons for performance differences between engine versions considering that in most tests FPS difference was insignificant and could be just measuring error/badly prepared test case.
        Last edited by Dishwasher; 01-05-2015, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Only one crash since install with a never ending loop.
          http://www.seven-mountains.eu/

Comment

Glad to hear Oculus Runtime 0.4.4 being implemented.

Comment

Can we also add issue UE-5996 - Incorrect loading .uasset files (https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...sset-file.html) to this know issues list?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bozaro View Post
                Can we also add issue UE-5996 - Incorrect loading .uasset files (https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...sset-file.html) to this know issues list?

Thanks!
                The link is broken.

Comment

Fixed link: UE-5996 - Incorrect loading .uasset files
                  Sr. Engine Programmer @ www.playspace.com - moritzwundke.com
                  Remember: be polite and respect other peoples opinions - Join the Unofficial Unreal Discord Channel - Found a bug? Then use the Bug Report Form to get it fixed ^^

Comment

UPDATE!

We briefly released Preview 2 of the 4.7 build, but we quickly identified a potential major issue with it and had to pull the release.

Our apologies for any issue this may cause. We will update again as soon as we can.

Thanks
                    Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 01-07-2015, 03:08 PM.
                    Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

Comment

Hey thanks for the quick update Stephen!

Are these 2 known issues the same problem? I noticed UE-6745 is not marked as fixed, but UE-7017 is. Can you confirm whether this issue is fixed or still pending?

UE-6745 Values in Material Parameter Collections are not carrying over

U̶E̶-̶7̶0̶1̶7̶ ̶M̶a̶t̶e̶r̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶P̶a̶r̶a̶m̶e̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶C̶o̶l̶l̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶V̶a̶l̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶u̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶0̶ (̶R̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶:̶ ̶R̶o̶c̶c̶i̶n̶i̶o̶)̶
                      Thanks!

EDIT: I managed to fully download it before you pulled it off the launcher, and I can confirm this issue IS fixed (both of them)
                      Last edited by DotCam; 01-07-2015, 03:24 PM.
                      Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieV View Post
                        Don't know if it's on my end but rebuilding lights now takes forever. A map I'm working on in 4.6 use to take 1 min 30 sec for the first percentage and then i takes off. Now it takes about 5 minuets and five for each additional percentage and some times it just locks up at about 25%.
                        Hi FrankieV,

Does this occur on a blank project with no additional content? Are you using static, stationary, or movable lights?
                        Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                        How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                          Are these 2 known issues the same problem? I noticed UE-6745 is not marked as fixed, but UE-7017 is. Can you confirm whether this issue is fixed or still pending?
                          Hey DotCam,

Nice catch. They are actually the same issue, and in our system 6745 is closed out as a duplicate. I'm not sure how it made it into the final list, but we'll fix it and double-check for any others as well.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                            Hey DotCam,

Nice catch. They are actually the same issue, and in our system 6745 is closed out as a duplicate. I'm not sure how it made it into the final list, but we'll fix it and double-check for any others as well.

Thanks
                            Awesome! Thanks for confirming it Stephen.
                            Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Vogel View Post
                              RE: perf regression. Would it be possible for you to share your test map / setup with us?
                              Sorry, haven't had time because of christmas. I'll consult my team about this.

Comment

UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 2 for 4.7! This update to the preview contains 15 bug fixes that were discovered during Preview 1. Please view the original post on page 1 of this thread for the updated "Known Issues" list.

We wish to make special note of two known issues in the Preview 2 release: Projects don't launch on Android devices using Lollipop OS, and "Launch on" for iOS from Mac fails to build. Both of these issues have already been fixed internally, but the fixes were not able to be included in Preview 2.

Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.7 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.

Cheers!
                                Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 01-08-2015, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X