X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi,
    I don't know if this is reported before, but I encountered a strange bug in the latest preview 7.
    When I attach(parent) an actor to a target point and try to move the object it will fly away in a strange way. The transform values will get really high values and if I don't let go right away, the editor will crash.
    I encountered this in two different projects. Both of them where upgaded from 4.6.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Eric Ketchum View Post
    Hey DotCam -

I am fairly confident in saying that this problem has been resolved by a fix for an issue with Construction scripts setting a not editable variable. If you want to send me a shorted project to test on our internal branch I would be happy to do that as well, though I am 99% sure the fix will be applied for your issue in the next Preview release of 4.7.

Either way Let me know -
    Hey Eric,

I just attempted to upgrade another copy from 4.6.1 to 4.7p7 so I could send it your way and noticed something I missed the first time around. If I try to save my level in 4.7 I get a total of 21 warnings on MapCheck for the BP_Skydome(11 warnings), BP_Ocean(2 warnings), and each of the MaterialInstanceDynamic (total of 8 warnings) variables for both materials saying they are "Externally Referenced". From the look of it I would say the issue you described above fits pretty well, setting a non-editable variable.

If you guys need a copy of it for any reason just let me know as I can easily provide a link now, but I'm pretty confident (99% as well) that we are talking about the same issue here. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DotCam View Post
    Hey Eric,

Both the sky and the ocean materials (2 materials each) are created as a DynamicMaterialInstance in the Construction Script of their respective blueprints, and then saved to 4 separate variables.

The skydome BP manages its own MaterialParameterCollection which controls values in both of the skydome materials (atmosphere material applied to the outer sphere with a cloud material applied to an inner half sphere).
    - Both are transparent materials

The Ocean BP manages its own (separate) MaterialParameterCollection which controls values in both of the Ocean materials (one ocean plane for the visual material, and a second ocean plane that renders only to the depth buffer)
    - First material is Transparent, uses TLM_Surface, flat tessellation, with custom displacement, reads from the CustomDepth buffer
    - Second material is opaque and only uses the custom displacement (no visuals), and as mentioned does not visually render, only for custom depth

Scene is dynamically lit using two directional light's (Sun & moon) with their intensity modified by BP, "force no pre-computed lightmaps" is turned on, aside from that everything is standard.

I can probably send you a copy of the project if need be, I will have to strip it down a bit though. Let me know if you need it.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that this did not occur in any of the previous Preview's I have tested, although I only opened the editor once in preview #6 before #7 came out.
    Hey DotCam -

I am fairly confident in saying that this problem has been resolved by a fix for an issue with Construction scripts setting a not editable variable. If you want to send me a shorted project to test on our internal branch I would be happy to do that as well, though I am 99% sure the fix will be applied for your issue in the next Preview release of 4.7.

Either way Let me know -

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,
    I just wanted to know if it's possible to launch the blueprint merge tool from the commandline in 4.7 p7, the possibility was mentioned during the Twitch Brodcast.
    I also did find the merge tool a bit unstable: answerhub, but I am unsure if it's just a problem with my setup since there is no mentions of instability in the changelog.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Eric Ketchum View Post
    Hey DotCam and FrankieV-

Can you be specific as to how you are setting you Materials? Are they hard set or dynamically set via an Event Graph or Construction Script? Any information you can give us would help us track down the issue.

Thank You
    Hey Eric,

Both the sky and the ocean materials (2 materials each) are created as a DynamicMaterialInstance in the Construction Script of their respective blueprints, and then saved to 4 separate variables.

The skydome BP manages its own MaterialParameterCollection which controls values in both of the skydome materials (atmosphere material applied to the outer sphere with a cloud material applied to an inner half sphere).
    - Both are transparent materials

The Ocean BP manages its own (separate) MaterialParameterCollection which controls values in both of the Ocean materials (one ocean plane for the visual material, and a second ocean plane that renders only to the depth buffer)
    - First material is Transparent, uses TLM_Surface, flat tessellation, with custom displacement, reads from the CustomDepth buffer
    - Second material is opaque and only uses the custom displacement (no visuals), and as mentioned does not visually render, only for custom depth

Scene is dynamically lit using two directional light's (Sun & moon) with their intensity modified by BP, "force no pre-computed lightmaps" is turned on, aside from that everything is standard.

I can probably send you a copy of the project if need be, I will have to strip it down a bit though. Let me know if you need it.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that this did not occur in any of the previous Preview's I have tested, although I only opened the editor once in preview #6 before #7 came out.
    Last edited by DotCam; 02-16-2015, 04:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DotCam View Post
    I'm not sure whether this has already been reported but I converted a copy of my project (my ocean demo project) from 4.6.1 over to 4.7 - Preview 7 without any issue, load up the project everything looks and works as expected. But after I save & close the project and then re-open it again later everything in the scene is missing its material:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3u...ew?usp=sharing (didn't want to clutter this thread with large images)

I can open up my Skydome or Ocean blueprints and both show up correctly with materials applied in the blueprint viewport. I have tried re-compiling the materials/blueprints, rebuilding the level (lighting is dynamic so no building lights), closing/re-opening, re-compiling the code, etc, but nothing changes. I can however take a backup of the map from one of the autosaves and place it into my maps folder, and then re-open the editor and everything is just fine. After saving and re-opening again I go back to the image shown above with no materials applied.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks!
    Hey DotCam and FrankieV-

Can you be specific as to how you are setting you Materials? Are they hard set or dynamically set via an Event Graph or Construction Script? Any information you can give us would help us track down the issue.

Thank You

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Has anyone else had problem using Timers in blueprints? In Preview 7 I can't seem to either clear nor disable looping. I've moved my post on Answerhub from the Blueprints section to Bug Reports.
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...the-timer.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dinker99 View Post
    I use the Github builds so the Launcherand Vaultcache are just a way of wasting 50GB of orecious SSD space. It would be nice if Epic could get their folder management sorted out so everything goes in "Documents".
    Move the VaultCache map where you want it to live and then use and administrator command line and execute

Code:
    mklink /j "C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\Launcher\VaultCache" "NewLocation"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Uploading iOS Apps with Application Loader works fine with 4.7 preview 7. But the binary cannot be delivered and you get an email from Apple.
    I suppose this is because the preview release is not for shipping ?

Invalid Signature - Your app's executable was modified after your app was codesigned for submission to the App Store. Because of this, the store is unable to re-sign your application for distribution. This can happen if data was added to the executable after the code signature was created.
    Last edited by HEGI; 02-16-2015, 03:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks Alex looking forward to giving it a go

must convince the wife i need another hd

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
    We have fixed this internally, it will not be this bloated in future releases. With the inclusion of source in binary things got a bit big, but we have since cleared and compacted down significantly.
    I use the Github builds so the Launcherand Vaultcache are just a way of wasting 50GB of orecious SSD space. It would be nice if Epic could get their folder management sorted out so everything goes in "Documents".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Right, I'm not sure if this a bug or what. I'm not sure if it's even a bug in the latest preview release or if it's been a problem in the engine for a while:

Creating a Switch on Int node with an outside input to the node connected (For example a "Get Dynamic Material > Switch on Int (Material Switcher) > Set Texture Param) and then collapsing into a node via "Collapse Node"... Works fine.

If you were then to duplicate this "Collapsed Node / Function" it will have no wires connected at all... BUT if you were to duplicate it twice, the second duplication WILL have all the wires connected. But the first one won't.

I don't have time to replicate outside the preview release but I have confirmed that it's happened to two different projects.

Again, I'm not sure if this is a bug from the preview release of it's been in the engine for a while but I thought I'd let you know (As I experienced it in the preview release).

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
    We have fixed this internally, it will not be this bloated in future releases. With the inclusion of source in binary things got a bit big, but we have since cleared and compacted down significantly.
    Does this mean the source won't be included in future binaries?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Geodav View Post
    can you do us all a favour and reduce the bloated size of the preview looks like its over 20gb , atm i don't have that much space left unless i remove 4.6 which i need for other projects

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TDoro View Post
    I've reported 2 bugs for 4.6.1 with crash logs and none of them seems fixed so far.

The reimport FBX bug what I've reported a few month's ago got fixed only in 4.6.1

We are not reporting bugs with logs just to have a discussion on Answerhub.
    Hi TDoro,

I believe that these are the issues you are referring to:
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...sh-editor.html
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ame-crash.html

We haven't been able to reproduce the issues you experienced, so investigation is necessary to get to the root of the issue. We appreciate any additional information you can provide, since it is unlikely to resolve any issue until we are able to experience it ourselves.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can you do us all a favour and reduce the bloated size of the preview looks like its over 20gb , atm i don't have that much space left unless i remove 4.6 which i need for other projects

Leave a comment:

Working...
X