This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadesMaster View Post
    This is all fine and dandy, but what happens when you get to 'past' 4.9? Does it go 4.95? 4.99? 4.999? Or will you call this thing UE5?
    nope, it will be 4.10 then 4.11 etc
    Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by ShadesMaster View Post
      This is all fine and dandy, but what happens when you get to 'past' 4.9? Does it go 4.95? 4.99? 4.999? Or will you call this thing UE5?
      Would it be more helpful if they called it 4.01, 4.02, etc? Think of the version numbers like this: <major version>.<major revision>.<minor revision>
      Each one of those version numbers is unbounded, and really it's just a way to keep things separated.

Comment

Originally posted by RPotter View Post
        Would it be more helpful if they called it 4.01, 4.02, etc? Think of the version numbers like this: <major version>.<major revision>.<minor revision>
        Each one of those version numbers is unbounded, and really it's just a way to keep things separated.
        You can't have 4.01.01.

Comment

Originally posted by Errvald View Post
          You can't have 4.01.01.
          You could, certainly. Functionally, it makes no difference. It's just a matter of aesthetics.

Comment

Anyone having issues with speedtree using both direct and sun light at the same time? I get a lot of over bright surfaces that are translucence but near all white.
            Clarke's third law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
            Custom Map Maker Discord
            https://discord.gg/t48GHkA
            Urban Terror https://www.urbanterror.info/home/

Comment

Hello,

I would like to ask if runtime deformable heightmaps/terrains will be re-added to UE at some point in the future. Also I was hoping to know if we would eventually get frustum controls exposed for individual cameras?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieV View Post
                Anyone having issues with speedtree using both direct and sun light at the same time? I get a lot of over bright surfaces that are translucence but near all white.
                Have you turned off "specular"? + do you use the basic speedtree material?

Comment

Just updated to the preview to see whats new and came across a small issue, I noticed that 'OnJumped_Implementation()' in ACharacter is not virtual anymore, I was using it in 4.6 so the character code can handle any action when a jump starts, is there a better way of doing it? Why the change?
                  Sr. Engine Programmer @ www.playspace.com - moritzwundke.com
                  Remember: be polite and respect other peoples opinions - Join the Unofficial Unreal Discord Channel - Found a bug? Then use the Bug Report Form to get it fixed ^^

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieV View Post
                    Also, if you're using the new foliage lighting model, be sure to use an input for the subsurface node, or else you'll get some funky results.

Comment

The new foliage lighting model is a big step in the right direction, though it's spec is broken (very intense on the SSS backside) in the current version, which is still a work in progress.
                      ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Really hoping we can still get a fix in 4.7 for packaging projects with the Audio Visualization plugin enabled.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...tion-plug.html

Comment

Hey,

anyone knows whats up with BehaviourTree Decorators (Blueprints) in the current preview?

Seems like ReceiveConditionCheck is no longer an Event, but a function to implement. Thats ok so far and i would change my implementations accordingly, but it still needs to call FinishConditionCheck (and the comment in the code also says that), though i cant seem to call that function from anywhere, or even find it?

Cheers,
                          Indy
                          FinalCamera on Marketplace / Web Demo
                          TopDown Toolkit on Marketplace / Web Demo

Comment

Originally posted by RPotter View Post

Yeah, I have been wondering about this myself. What happends after 4.X?
                            System
                            ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
                            Artwork thread

Comment

Originally posted by Frequia View Post
                              Yeah, I have been wondering about this myself. What happends after 4.X?

Like DotCam Said 4.10 then 4.11 That's the plan.

Comment

Im excited to see what they will come up with the coming months
                                System
                                ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
                                Artwork thread

Comment

Working...
                                X