Clear All

Sounds nice, too bad there's still no GPU particles for mobile devices yet

Comment

Be great to see Swipe inputs finally working too

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...o-right-n.html

Comment

Originally posted by Terrian View Post
        Super quick test:

~25k instances of SM_Bush, ~20M triangles.

This runs ~2fps in 4.6 and ~35fps in 4.7 (HD6970 2GB).

(I just used the foliage tool with SM_Bush, touched nothing else.)
        Thats amazing...

Comment

Originally posted by CyberDev View Post
          Well vehicles are back to being messed up again, the advanced vehicle project in 4.6 had a nice center of mass it flipped and tumbled nicely like GTA now in 4.7 it is just off & clunky & odd like the normal sedan one
          They fixed an internal bug with the physx implementation of vehicles recently, specifically the center of mass offset. So the advanced vehicle will need to be re-tuned to take these new values into account. This will likely be completed for the actual release of 4.7, for now we'll have to try and figure out what values to change.
          Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

The new shading model for foliage is amazing!!!

(just a short test -> that's why the bark looks so bad ):
            Click image for larger version

Name:	tree2.png
Views:	1
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	1064376

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20426[/ATTACH]
              Try enabling DFAO. Automatic +10 to amazing looks .
              https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Discovered a significant issue. It seems that the gamestate isn't replicating for multiplayer projects in 4.7 preview 1.
                Copied my project in 4.6 to 4.7 to test it out, and discovered when running the project and connecting to it in the editor for debug purposes, there was no available debug object for the gamestate and all of my code on there hadn't been executed (though it was executed on the host).
                EDIT - NOTE: I have checked and the gamestate object does have replication ticked, and other objects replicated fine.
                Last edited by SwiftIllusion; 12-23-2014, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20426[/ATTACH]
                  WOW

Can you give a quick how to or point me in the right direction?
                  Clarke's third law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
                  Custom Map Maker Discord
                  https://discord.gg/t48GHkA
                  Urban Terror https://www.urbanterror.info/home/

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                    This is an early preview of the upcoming 4.7 release. We are modifying our preview process to release earlier in the development cycle so our developer-community can help us catch issues sooner, and we will release updated previews during the development cycle. Please be aware that the preview releases are not fully quality tested, that they are still under heavy active development, and that they should be considered as unstable until the final release. Developers should not convert their projects for active development on preview releases. Please test on copies of your project instead.
                    thank you for all this informations
                    Last edited by fighter5347; 12-25-2014, 05:57 PM. Reason: reduced the Quote text (copied the entire post from the OP)

Comment

Will there be a feature that let's gamepad 1 control player 2 while keyboard controls players 1?
                      Available for Freelance (Concept Art/Illustration) - Visit my Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by MezioPleo View Post
                        Will there be a feature that let's gamepad 1 control player 2 while keyboard controls players 1?
                        You can assign custom inputs from the Project -> Input menu, and set it up so that one controller only uses KB + Mouse, and the other uses a gamepad.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieV View Post
                          WOW

Can you give a quick how to or point me in the right direction?
                          The foliage improvements look awesome, now we can finally have proper realistic foliage, not just fortnite style "trees"!
                          I also love that the foliage improvements also work for normal instanced meshes, that will make my life soooo much easier!!
                          I would like to see your material setup as well Fighter, so I can use this beautiful new shading model correctly when 4.7 is released.

Comment

The shader is super simple (dont know if I use it correct)

With the constant vector you can control the strenght of the subsurface effect

Click image for larger version

Name:	foliage_shading.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	383.9 KB
ID:	1064877

The original sized picture can be found in this thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...p-Videos/page7
                            Last edited by fighter5347; 01-05-2015, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Don't know if it's on my end but rebuilding lights now takes forever. A map I'm working on in 4.6 use to take 1 min 30 sec for the first percentage and then i takes off. Now it takes about 5 minuets and five for each additional percentage and some times it just locks up at about 25%.
                              Clarke's third law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
                              Custom Map Maker Discord
                              https://discord.gg/t48GHkA
                              Urban Terror https://www.urbanterror.info/home/

Comment

This is all fine and dandy, but what happens when you get to 'past' 4.9? Does it go 4.95? 4.99? 4.999? Or will you call this thing UE5?

Comment

Working...
                                X