Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we are the first to be UE5 than Unity 5 beta 1....11 soon. Nice working @UE4 staff

Comment

Originally posted by Peude View Post
      I think we are the first to be UE5 than Unity 5 beta 1....11 soon. Nice working @UE4 staff
      4.10 comes after 4.9, not 5.0 :P

Comment

I tried to convert my project from 4.6 to 4.7 .Show this message me

---------------------------
        Missing RACER5new47 Modules
        The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:

UE4Editor-BlueprintStats.dll

Would you like to rebuild them now?
        yes no

and then

Error
        RACER5new47 could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.
        OK

i dont know what do .Im not programmer . I only use blueprint . Help .
        Last edited by jacenty; 12-18-2014, 10:03 AM.

Comment

@jacenty :
          I had some level crash when converting between versions, so i just skip the conversion and i just load the level. Finally i just check all is ok or make a fix if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by jacenty View Post
            I tried to convert my project from 4.6 to 4.7 ....
            Hi jacenty,

As a reminder of what it says in the first post, please ensure that you are only updating a copy of your project for testing on the 4.7 Preview. The Previews are potentially unstable, and we do not want your project to become at risk.

To everyone else, thank you for the reports so far (light with lens flare, and blueprint crash adding local var). We'll take a look at these and see what we find!
            Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

I know and thank you to the share "alfa" versions even bugged. The only thing I can complain that you not enough focus on mobile especially on Android. Blueprint is a revelation to me. But the huge pack and poor performance
              for old mobile phones and the lack of in game market. These 3 things for moblie disqualify u4.
              You lose a lot of potential users .I know it from my friends who resigned from work in u4. Epic you have to focus on mobile!!!!

Im sorry for my English :P

ps

Make these three things and I will be in heaven
              at least tell me when I can count on it.
              Last edited by jacenty; 12-18-2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jacenty View Post
                I know and thank you to the share "alfa" versions even bugged. The only thing I can complain that you not enough focus on mobile especially on Android. Blueprint is a revelation to me. But the huge pack and poor performance
                for old mobile phones and the lack of in game market. These 3 things for moblie disqualify u4.
                You lose a lot of potential users .I know it from my friends who resigned from work in u4. Epic you have to focus on mobile!!!!

Im sorry for my English :P

ps

Make these three things and I will be in heaven
                at least tell me when I can count on it.
                Yes, we have identified a set of work we need to focus on for the mid-tier mobile devices. We'll be prioritizing efforts in this area in the coming months, although it may be a couple releases out still.

Comment

Originally posted by KoldKam View Post
                  Excellent work guys! I now get 120 FPS on maps in which I used get 80 - 90 FPS. This update is awesome. I almost want to ditch 4.6 and use 4.7 from now on. The foliage improvements are amazing also. I received a decent performance boost. Although, I am now experiencing weird problems with lights:

I get lens flares on lights that aren't supposed to have them. I didn't have this in 4.6. Any help?

Other than that, I LOVE YOU GUYS! #nohomo lol
                  Keep up the good work!

Hi KoldKam,

I've just tested this in 4.6 and 4.7 and I see the same results.

I used a point light with default settings and the material for the ceiling is a material with only a constant value of 1 for white color. This is also the default scene with the atmospheric fog, bp sky sphere, and directional light turned off.

You may want to check your post process and limit the amount of lens flare that is on by default.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LensFlare_46.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	662.5 KB
ID:	1064262

4.7 preview

Click image for larger version

Name:	LensFlare_47.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	676.8 KB
ID:	1064263

Thank you!

Tim
                  Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                  UE4 Documentation

Comment

Love the new version so far, but this known issue:

UE-6745 - Values in Material Parameter Collections are not carrying over
                    Is preventing one of my projects from being usable... is there a known workaround for this other than converting to instance parameters (I need to update multiple materials)?
                    Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Hi KVogler & Icharlick,

Thank you for the report. I entered this as JIRA UE-6855 in our tracking software. Our developers will be investigating.

If you create the AnswerHub report, please link it here so we can follow up on it.

Cheers,

TJ

Originally posted by KVogler View Post
                      Hi,

I just found a bug with Blueprints in the 4.7 preview 1.
                      Will also post it on AnswerHub... Is there a special flag for 4.7.preview related bugs?

But maybe you can confirm this too, so its not just a problem on my end..

What to do:
                      - Create a new blueprint, based on Actor
                      - In the construction script, add a "MakeArray" node. Dont connect anything to it, but click the "Add pin" button twice.
                      - Click on the left side on the plus adjecent to "Local Variables" to create new local variable.
                      ... which is not happening. Instead the editor crashes ungracefully.

In version 4.6.1 it creates a normal local variable, no crash.

Cheers,
                      Klaus

Comment

Is gear VR support enabled in the preview yet?

Comment

Hmm... rendering team is certainly doing well with the foliage improvements but I think I would like to see shaders for hair and cloth. Perhaps I will take a crack at them sometime after graduation and see if I can come up with anything.

While I'm dreaming I would also like a pony and Guilty Gear Xrd's cel shader.

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
                            I checked the new two-sided foliage lighting, and it is pretty awesome.
                            Is this for baked lighting only? Or dynamic? i would love to see someone showcase this, is it better than normals shooting from center and advanced materials?

Comment

Originally posted by CyberDev View Post
                              Is this for baked lighting only? Or dynamic? i would love to see someone showcase this, is it better than normals shooting from center and advanced materials?
                              It works for both, and it looks great. I'm at work so I can't post any photos right now, I don't have any foliage in the work project.

Comment

Originally posted by jonimake View Post
                                You need a subsurface color map.

Edit: my performance with the current build is really ****. I have just some trees on my map (about 200 draw calls in total) and my frame time is close to 200 ms.
                                For some reason my lighting also doesn't get built, editor always says that one object isn't built.

See perf visualization: http://i.imgur.com/Y4wWFoU.png
                                So nobody except me faces this severe performance regression? Each cascaded shadow map cascade takes 50 milliseconds to render. In 4.6 the map performs quite well, 50-60 fps, but in the 4.7 preview I get less than 1 fps.

Comment

Working...
                                X