Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.7 Preview

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Question for Epic:

    Curious to know what the chances of UE-10283 being resolved in time for 4.7 are. The recent Twitch stream indicated that RC builds are on the horizon so that makes me a little anxious.

    The reason I'm following up proactively on this bug is because affected projects cannot run their game in standalone mode which makes it a complete blocker for anyone who needs to run standalone or distribute shipped builds for testing or recording (quicker w/o editor). This would be the second major release in a row where standalone builds don't fully work as 4.6 had the widely reported event dispatcher bug for standalone games, so (at the risk of being nagging and annoying ) I want to make sure this bug is highlighted for your consideration.


    Edit: Adding link to reported issue UE-10283: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...le-issues.html
    Last edited by Tim Hobson; 02-21-2015, 12:20 PM. Reason: added link in the event anyone else wanted to see what UE-10283 was referencing.

    Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

    UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

    Comment


      Has anyone had any success launching to IOS or android? I keep getting errors and build failures?
      Free stuff available soon, my domaim got squatters

      Comment


        UE4.7R

        Comment


          Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
          The fix for this was included in Preview 5.

          I'm still getting this problem in preview 8, so I started an answerhub thread.
          https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ance-47-p.html
          Twitter: @zerofiftyone_
          Website: zerofiftyone.net - My game development blog
          Button Frenzy store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/454630

          Comment


            Distance Field+Instanced meshes = problem In preview 8

            I would like to report a problem I have with preview 8

            I have a script that makes a tunnel and I use instances so I get good performance. The problem is that the Distance field AO is broken.

            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwH...ew?usp=sharing

            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwH...ew?usp=sharing

            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwH...ew?usp=sharing

            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwH...ew?usp=sharing

            also for some reason I can't upload a photo form my pc just link it....
            Last edited by Midnight640; 02-22-2015, 06:07 AM.
            TA on :
            Assassins Creed Origins
            Assassins Creed Origins: Curse of the Pharaohs
            The Division 2

            Comment


              Hmm, I've been toying around with the foliage tool in 4.7 p8 and while the rendered polygons are dramatically reduced 10m >3.5m the Render Time and FPS are about the same, this feels quite odd.

              Comment


                I'm noticing very long hangs when selecting an actor with an Instanced Static Mesh component and over 500 instances on it. At around 3k, the editor hangs for a good 30-40 seconds before responding.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by AlexW88 View Post
                  Hmm, I've been toying around with the foliage tool in 4.7 p8 and while the rendered polygons are dramatically reduced 10m >3.5m the Render Time and FPS are about the same, this feels quite odd.
                  You should look into game/frame time. If your CPU is busy with other things, the GPU will be waiting in-between updates. Test stat game, stat unit and stat engine to find the bottleneck.
                  Programmer, Rigger, Animator - Demo Reel 2015 - My RnD / WIP thread - www.dennylindberg.com
                  Worked on: Kitten'd - Guardians of Valor (Android, iOS)

                  Comment


                    That's what I did, and why i actually reported this. The CPU is chilling in both Versions between 4 and 6 ms, but the GPU is around 60ms which is quit strange if you consider the polycount is less than a half in 4.7.

                    Comment


                      I've found a bug on 4.7 Preview 8:

                      Cannot rename a parameter name inside a Material Function, in a material instance the parameter name that was renamed will not appear or change.

                      Regards

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Crocopede View Post
                        Has anyone had any success launching to IOS or android? I keep getting errors and build failures?
                        Testing on Android - I don't get build failures - it says builds successfully however it only 'works' if I select development mode - as soon as I select Shipping I get a crash directly after staring the app on the mobile. What else doesn't work anymore are the google play services leaderboard and achievements - a connection is no longer made when starting the app (only once every 10 starts or so it might work). No such troubles in 4.6.

                        Was testing with 4.7 Preview 8 - a real pity since 4.7 has a great bug fix on the tilt I'm needing
                        Headgear - VR/AR solutions

                        Mobile VR Game: We Come In Peace... Oculus GearVR | Google Play Daydream | Pico Goblin

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by aussieburger View Post
                          Testing on Android - I don't get build failures - it says builds successfully however it only 'works' if I select development mode - as soon as I select Shipping I get a crash directly after staring the app on the mobile. What else doesn't work anymore are the google play services leaderboard and achievements - a connection is no longer made when starting the app (only once every 10 starts or so it might work). No such troubles in 4.6.

                          Was testing with 4.7 Preview 8 - a real pity since 4.7 has a great bug fix on the tilt I'm needing
                          Not so much. If you use Unreal Remote to test tilt all is good. But if you build a game the Axis are somehow swapper. So your tilt is all broken. Fwd goes sideways and vice versa.
                          Unless thats another bug...
                          Free stuff available soon, my domaim got squatters

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Crocopede View Post
                            Not so much. If you use Unreal Remote to test tilt all is good. But if you build a game the Axis are somehow swapper. So your tilt is all broken. Fwd goes sideways and vice versa.
                            Unless thats another bug...
                            Tilt is working as expected in 4.7 at least for my project - in 4.6 tilt went crazy when I tried implementing the ability to switch between standard touch joystick thumb controllers or tilt as a controls menu option. Seemed to be a known UMG related tilt bug in 4.6
                            Headgear - VR/AR solutions

                            Mobile VR Game: We Come In Peace... Oculus GearVR | Google Play Daydream | Pico Goblin

                            Comment


                              Does anyone else have a problem with casting shadows being shown in orthographic camera in 4.7p8? None of my objects cast shadows when i set my camera to orthographic.

                              Comment


                                Another thing that should be mentioned for Android. In the new automatically created manifest file process the following permission is added:

                                <uses-permission android:name="com.android.vending.BILLING" />

                                This means when adding to the app store it gets the label: "in-app purchases". Can be misleading especially when your app does not contain any

                                Would be great if this was another check box ...
                                Headgear - VR/AR solutions

                                Mobile VR Game: We Come In Peace... Oculus GearVR | Google Play Daydream | Pico Goblin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X