Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In version 4.7 is very harmful changes to fix the bug UE-7920 and UE-6362 ( https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...corrupted.html ).
    A detailed description of the situation on the UDN.
    Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 02-19-2015, 04:59 PM. Reason: Removed UDN link

Comment

Originally posted by Bozaro View Post
      In version 4.7 is very harmful changes to fix the bug UE-7920 and UE-6362 ( https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...corrupted.html ).
      A detailed description of the situation on the UDN.
      Hi Bozaro. This issue is being investigated on the UDN. I have removed the link to the post on here. Thanks
      Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

from the stream today - 4.7 is in the release candidate stage - around GDC (so ~2 weeks) it sounds like
        ZOMBIE TOWN AHHH (ANDROID/STEAM) | RIDE SHARE EMPIRE (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | NEVER NOT KNIGHT (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | TWITTER | MY UE4 TUTORIALS | ANSWERHUB

Comment

Release candidate?? But the bug with
          CallFunc_BreakHitResult_PhysMat
          is still in there.

------

This function is working on 4.7p8:
          EPhysicalSurface UGameplayStatics::GetSurfaceType(const struct FHitResult& Hit)

But this one got broken; and both uses Hit.PhysMaterial.Get() so this is weird issue:
          void UGameplayStatics::BreakHitResult(const FHitResult& Hit, bool& bBlockingHit, float& Time, FVector& Location, FVector& Normal, FVector& ImpactPoint, FVector& ImpactNormal, UPhysicalMaterial*& PhysMat, AActor*& HitActor, UPrimitiveComponent*& HitComponent, FName& HitBoneName, int32& HitItem)
          Last edited by BrUnO XaVIeR; 02-19-2015, 09:07 PM.
          | Finite State Machine | Auto-Save Plugin | USQLite Plugin | Object-Pool | Sound-Occlusion | Property Transfer Tool | Magic Nodes | Magic Nodes | Persistent Materials |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
            Release candidate?? But the bug with is still in there.

------

This function is working on 4.7p8:
            EPhysicalSurface UGameplayStatics::GetSurfaceType(const struct FHitResult& Hit)

But this one got broken; and both uses Hit.PhysMaterial.Get() so this is weird issue:
            void UGameplayStatics::BreakHitResult(const FHitResult& Hit, bool& bBlockingHit, float& Time, FVector& Location, FVector& Normal, FVector& ImpactPoint, FVector& ImpactNormal, UPhysicalMaterial*& PhysMat, AActor*& HitActor, UPrimitiveComponent*& HitComponent, FName& HitBoneName, int32& HitItem)
            They said it's fixed for the next release.

Comment

I think the physical material issue was fixed by https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...73d5372148ec74

Cheers,
              Michael Noland

Comment

Nice; thank you for checking this out.
                A single line change and BOOM! weird things happens
                | Finite State Machine | Auto-Save Plugin | USQLite Plugin | Object-Pool | Sound-Occlusion | Property Transfer Tool | Magic Nodes | Magic Nodes | Persistent Materials |

Comment

Are there still plans for a final release of Gear VR plugin?

Comment

I have encountered a big issue on structure file in 4.7 preview6,7,8 which cause my packaging for IOS and Android failing:

MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.02.13-18.47.42:296][ 0]LogCookCommandlet:Warning: Package /Game/SpellSystem/System/SpellStruct supposed to be fully loaded but isn't. RF_WasLoaded is set MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.02.13-18.47.42:297][ 0]LogCookCommandletisplay: Cooking /Game/SpellSystem/System/SpellStruct -> E:/Unreal Projects/TopDownGame/Saved/Cooked/IOS/TopDownGame/Content/SpellSystem/System/SpellStruct.uasset MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2015.02.13-18.47.42:298][ 0]LogWindows:Error: Windows GetLastError: MainFrameActions: Packaging (iOS): UE4Editor-Cmd: begin: stack for UAT

And this never happens in 4.6.1 and 4.7 preview1,2,3,4.I.And I have posted in answerhub:https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...iew56-bug.html.

Comment

Hi,

I don't know if this is a bug or intended but here an area of improvement/fix:

Let's say you have a multi-level map. You modify a SubLevel BP. You hit save button.
                      The current behavior: It will save the TopLevel map asset and not the one you modify.
                      To save the Level that you changed in the LevelBP, you need to go in the Level Window or try to close the editor so you are asked to save it.

you can highlight this behavior easily if you are linked to a SourceControl, as when you click on the save button you will see what fill need to be checked-out.

Expected Behavior: When clicking on save button, only the Level that are dirty should be saved. Except if they are some information that need to be update in the "Main" level ?? If this is the case, all changed level & the main one should be saved/checkout.

If you see that as a bug, I can fill a Bug Request in the HUB.

Comment

Originally posted by mossberg385t View Post
                        Are there still plans for a final release of Gear VR plugin?
                        I'm still getting no dynamic shadows only baked ones, a reflective ground rather than matte for the FPS template so skybox reflected (I did play around with settings and using a different skybox, so maybe that's why) and the UMG texture is still flipped vertically for me. Otherwise seems to work well though would be nice to get those bugs out of the way before the final release

Comment

I am getting hangups and crashes if I have an instanced blueprint selected in the view-port that has already been placed in the level and I hit PLAY IN VIEWPORT. I believe this is related to the ALT+Move that creates an instance of the object instead of a copy bug that has been confirmed in preview 7
                          Spline-Enabled Fence Pack - "Great pack, huge time-saver, top quality and enough variety to really make the assets unique." -Dark Acre Jack
                          Destructible Road Signs - "Seriously awesome. Single blueprint for pretty much all the road signs you'll ever need." -thankstipscom
                          Zipline/Teleporter/JumpPad - "This is a very flexible system for any project, and really simple to implement." -lunyBunny
                          Wooden Storage Pack - "Very good high quality assets and well worth it." -Deathweave
                          Digital Portfolio

Comment

There is a bug with material alignment if you create a brush and apply a material to the surface and align to fit and then create another brush the alignment of the first brush resets!!

Comment

Originally posted by polemos View Post
                              There is a bug with material alignment if you create a brush and apply a material to the surface and align to fit and then create another brush the alignment of the first brush resets!!
                              this is in all the 4.7 previews

Comment

Originally posted by TommyBear View Post
                                - Hot reload of C++ components causes crash in editor for me (Not good) (VS2014 - windows 8)
                                Hey TommyBear-

Are you still experiencing the same crashes with hot reload in preview 8? If so can you make a post on the AnswerHub (answer.unrealengine.com) with the types of components you're using and how you're setting them up?

Thanks

Doug Wilson

Comment

Working...
                                X