X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Peude View Post
    I think we are the first to be UE5 than Unity 5 beta 1....11 soon. Nice working @UE4 staff
    4.10 comes after 4.9, not 5.0 :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think we are the first to be UE5 than Unity 5 beta 1....11 soon. Nice working @UE4 staff

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chimp View Post
    hmm for me it just glows super shiny white no matter what I do with roughness and spec. Did you do anything else to get it to work?
    You need a subsurface color map.

Edit: my performance with the current build is really ****. I have just some trees on my map (about 200 draw calls in total) and my frame time is close to 200 ms.
    For some reason my lighting also doesn't get built, editor always says that one object isn't built.

See perf visualization: http://i.imgur.com/Y4wWFoU.png
    Last edited by jonimake; 12-18-2014, 05:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by iniside View Post
    I checked the new two-sided foliage lighting, and it is pretty awesome. Even the free trees from SpeedTree (Broadleaf), looks very good with it.
    Which honestly is quite an achievement, since I never could get this tree to look good before .
    hmm for me it just glows super shiny white no matter what I do with roughness and spec. Did you do anything else to get it to work?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Chance, Daniel, Thanks for replying. Read the blog one more time. I get what you are doing now. Greta feeling to see developers actually care

Jacky, Dotcam, sswires : Yeah I guess you mates are right. I guess I overreacted because I got scared a little

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ChrisTm View Post
    Unreal Engine 4.7 preview is ready seriously ? because of Christmas ?

Now, just need a water/river tool, it will be my best Christmas ever seen

Thank
    This is part of our new preview process where we make builds available earlier and more often so that we can get more feedback. Check out blog post for more context.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Craig Smarkus View Post
    This is probably my favorite change that I'm looking forward to at the moment.
    Me too, funny how simple things can be so helpful!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

Nice work @UE staff and others contributors . Please add some features like Kinetics. I show here they using kinect use in HeroTPP staff. Merry Christmas

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just when you think Epic couldn't be any more well... more EPIC, they outdo themselves once again

Props to the Epic staff and I hope that you all have a happy holidays and Christmas/Hanukkah/Other.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Unreal Engine 4.7 preview is ready seriously ? because of Christmas ?

- Animation layer editing
    - Foliage rendering performance significantly improved! Hundreds of thousands of foliage instances can be efficiently rendered and edited, with per-instance LOD support and per-pixel dithered LOD transitions.
    - etc.

Now, just need a water/river tool, it will be my best Christmas ever seen

Thank

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KVogler View Post
    Hi,

I just found a bug with Blueprints in the 4.7 preview 1.
    Will also post it on AnswerHub... Is there a special flag for 4.7.preview related bugs?

But maybe you can confirm this too, so its not just a problem on my end..

What to do:
    - Create a new blueprint, based on Actor
    - In the construction script, add a "MakeArray" node. Dont connect anything to it, but click the "Add pin" button twice.
    - Click on the left side on the plus adjecent to "Local Variables" to create new local variable.
    ... which is not happening. Instead the editor crashes ungracefully.

In version 4.6.1 it creates a normal local variable, no crash.

Cheers,
    Klaus
    I can confirm this, though I don't need to add the array node - simply adding a local var to a blank construction script will crash the editor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

I just found a bug with Blueprints in the 4.7 preview 1.
    Will also post it on AnswerHub... Is there a special flag for 4.7.preview related bugs?

But maybe you can confirm this too, so its not just a problem on my end..

What to do:
    - Create a new blueprint, based on Actor
    - In the construction script, add a "MakeArray" node. Dont connect anything to it, but click the "Add pin" button twice.
    - Click on the left side on the plus adjecent to "Local Variables" to create new local variable.
    ... which is not happening. Instead the editor crashes ungracefully.

In version 4.6.1 it creates a normal local variable, no crash.

Cheers,
    Klaus

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Terrian View Post
    ~25k instances of SM_Bush, ~20M triangles.
    This runs ~2fps in 4.6 and ~35fps in 4.7 (HD6970 2GB).
    (I just used the foliage tool with SM_Bush, touched nothing else.)
    Nice. Add some LODs on the static mesh and it'll reduce your triangle counts a lot!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What changed with AI? Event Receive Condition Check and Finish Condition Check are now broken for my decorator BPs...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WOW! Bunches of improvements for Blueprint. I wonder how Blueprint merge works, can't wait to see. Downloading......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X