X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
    Hey Eric,

The code is fairly straightforward, it is just a BuoyancyMovementComponent that can be attached to actors (such as the Buoy's in scene) and an OceanManager class that is the base class for the BP_Ocean blueprint. All it does is perform the calculations required for buoyancy when requested by the BuoyancyMovementComponent.

Neither of those classes affect the appearance of the ocean, they only calculate the wave height for Buoyancy. The Skydome itself is 100% blueprint. Nothing there that should be causing the warnings in editor

I deleted some files from the upload in the Intermediate, Saved, and Build folders to reduce the download size, so to make sure I just tested a fresh copy from the upload just now. When first opening the project, there are no Map Errors/Warnings, however if I go to the build button's dropdown box and select "Map Check" all of the warnings re-appear, and if I attempt to save I receive a warning dialog related to the external references error.

Would you guys prefer I create an issue on AnswerHub for this? I don't mind posting it all here, either way is fine by me. Thanks for looking into it Eric!
    Hey DotCam -

For clarity let's create an AnswerHub post for this issue.

Thank You

Comment

I've found 2 issues:
      - Scene components aren't copied when creating Level Instance: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...instanced.html
      - Setting Max Draw distance on Static Mesh Actor isn't working: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...t-working.html
      How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Ketchum View Post
        Hey DotCam -

For clarity let's create an AnswerHub post for this issue.

Thank You
        No problem Eric! Here is a link to the AnswerHub post:
        https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-warnings.html

Thanks
        Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by zerofiftyone View Post
          Any idea on whether the fix for this (UE-3480) will be included in the next preview?
          The fix for this was included in Preview 5.
          Stephen Ellis | @TheEpicStephen
          Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by indygoof View Post
            i would really love to see UE-10013 considered too for the final 4.7 release (Blueprint components replication not working). Any chance for that?
            We won't be able to get to this one for the 4.7 release.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Wilson View Post
              Hey btengelh-

I created a new project as you suggested and was able to add code to a project without any issue. In the Launcher, verify your engine version by selecting the drop down arrow for preview 8. If you still have problems adding code to a project you may want to try uninstalling the preview version and then reinstalling it.

Cheers

Doug
              Hi Doug, I verified the Preview 8 in the launcher. It found an Unreal Build Tool related XML file, and fixed it - but I still couldn't add code successfully. Uninstall / reinstall worked, though. Thanks!
              VR Shooter Guns - Arcade Shooter for Vive
              Unreal Meetup Franken - Unreal Engine 4 Meetup
              Hands for VR: Basic - For Vive and Oculus [Marketplace]
              Hands for VR: SciFi - For HTC Vive and Oculus Touch [Marketplace]

Comment

I might have stumbled upon a possible bug in 4.7 preview 8...

I took a screen capture using the console command 'HighResShot 2' and noticed that it took a few captures, one of the gameplay and two more showing what a grey room with my character (possibly animation viewport?)

I'm not sure if this is meant to happen or if there is a setting I have enabled somewhere but this doesn't occur in 4.6.
                [FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

Comment

Hi ULLS,

I haven't been able to reproduce this yet. Can you please post this to the answerhub at http://answers.unrealengine.com in the Bug Reports section so we can investigate this in depth?

Thanks!
                  Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 02-19-2015, 10:25 AM.
                  Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                  How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                    It appears that TJ is working with you to try to get the reproduction on the issue.
                    Hi Stephen, Just checking on status of the 4.7 standalone game bug again as there hasn't been any news on it for a while (originally reported in preview 5) and it still hasn't made it to the known issues list

I'm not the only once with this bug either as evinced by sanford87's comment on that thread.

Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
                      Hi ULLS,

I haven't been able to reproduce this yet. Can you please post this to the answerhub at http://answers.unrealengine.com in the Bug Reports section so we can investigate this in depth?

Thanks!
                      Sure thing, see: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ts-in-mul.html
                      Last edited by ULLS; 02-19-2015, 11:24 AM.
                      [FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

Comment

Originally posted by ExpiredPopsicle View Post
                        I've been playing with the new blueprint components, but as of 4.7 preview 8 I can no longer save a map that contains actors that use one of these components after making any modification to the component.

In case that's unclear, I started off with a project (in 4.7 preview 7) where I added a few blueprint components and some actors to a level using that component. I updated to 4.7 preview 8 tonight and made a modification to the component. Now I'm getting this error:

And then after trying to continue, this shows up in the editor errors:

I have the project in version control and committed my changes last night before the update, so it's pretty easy to test different things by reverting once it breaks...

Loading up the project and...
                        * moving stuff around: Saves fine.
                        * adding new instances of the actor that uses the component: Saves fine.
                        * modifying an actor that uses the component (without touching component-related properties): Saves fine.
                        * adding a second instance of the component to the actor: Saves fine.
                        * modifying a variable exposed by the component on an actor: Saves fine.
                        * modifying the replication property on the component: No longer saves.
                        * modifying the component's event graph: No longer saves.
                        * adding a variable to the component: No longer saves.

Finally, I played around with a new project a bit and found that any case where I modified a blueprint component after adding it to something and to the map it would exhibit this behavior, but I could work around it if I deleted the component from every actor type that used it and re-added it (even if there were already actors of that type in the level). Deleting the component and re-adding it to the actor type works, but deleting all the actors of that type and re-adding them does not.
                        Hey ExpiredPopsicle,

Thank you for your report. This is a known issue and is currently under investigation as UE-10110.
                        Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                        How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by VSZ View Post
                          Hi Stephen, Just checking on status of the 4.7 standalone game bug again as there hasn't been any news on it for a while (originally reported in preview 5) and it still hasn't made it to the known issues list
                          We haven't reproduced or narrowed down the specific issue yet, and are still investigating with you in that post.

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                          Yes, line trace functions are broken on 4.7; I have the same issue.
                          We reproduced and logged the Line Trace issue as UE-9985, and the fix is ready for the next release.

Cheers!
                          Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 02-19-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
                            - Setting Max Draw distance on Static Mesh Actor isn't working: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...t-working.html
                            I've responded to your AnswerHub Post for this one.
                            Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                            UE4 Documentation
                            Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |

Comment

Originally posted by wielkiczarnyafgan View Post
                              Hi. I want to report a bug present both in preview 6,7 and 8. The editor freezes at 50% when trying to import extra large static meshes ( with poly count exceeding 250 thousands of polygons.
                              This is not specific to 4.7 Preview 6, 7, or 8.

- There are some improvements that will help with meshes over 50k polygons coming, but the issue here is that when you import a mesh that is very complex, has a lot of pieces, and is not triangulated into the editor the import process is going to optimize it.

- If you triangulate your mesh before exporting to FBX this can improve the import time.
                              When you import a mesh with lots of small objects and combine them vs non-combined there is a bunch of copying around in memory which can take a while. Right now, when these are being combined it saves after each piece has been combined which can slow down the process. There is some things in the work to help with this but from what I've been told this is still needs testing.

- Cache optimizing index buffers. With this step there is attempts to organize the index buffer which will map vertices to triangles which in turn allows the GPU to more efficiently load vertices for many faces. This means that there is a need to optimize the mesh before it is rendered.

It may appear like the editor is freezing at the 50% mark, but in-fact it's still processing your mesh. Depending on the complexity and the considerations above can directly affect how long the import process may take. If you let the computer continue, in time it will import, but depending on the system it could be a while. In some of my test with some Arch Viz and machinery assets I've seen import times take up to 7 1/2 hours for a single mesh that was being combined, high poly, and lots of small pieces.

I hope this has helped explain some of what you're seeing with your long import times.
                              Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                              UE4 Documentation
                              Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                                We won't be able to get to this one for the 4.7 release.
                                Any date yet for when 4.7 will be fully released, preview 8 is pretty much their i think as many of the bugs have been fixed ?

Comment

Working...
                                X