This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by awilliams1701 View Post
    My launcher was acting odd this morning and now 4.7 has vanished completely. I noticed there was a new engine available and it said 4.7 (no preview). I decided to install it. While it was installing I noticed that the learn and marketplace tabs were blank. I restarted the launcher and everything is back to normal except 4.7 is missing completely now.
    Hi awilliams1701,

I attempted to reproduce this on my end but have thus far been unsuccessful. Can you check your engine folder in windows explorer and see if 4.7 is still located there? If so try opening from the .exe to see if it opens without an error.
    Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the new update!

I tested out my project with preview 8 and am happy to report that the issue I was having with DynamicMaterialInstance's not being created through the Construction Script, which was preventing those materials from being applied, has been fixed in the new release.

However I am still receiving the "Externally Referenced" warnings I mentioned to Eric above. They are still being shown in the Map Check section of the Message Log, and I get a warning when I try to save the level about the externally referenced assets (which are not actually externally referenced).

I checked this with an already upgraded copy of the project, and also converted another new copy from 4.6.1 to make sure, and both of them show the warnings. It's not a big deal really but it could be confusing if left as is.

I just uploaded the newly converted copy of the project in case it will help you guys, you can download it here. Let me know if you need any further details, thank you!
      Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

I posted my issue on answer hub. https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...g-47-slot.html
        Strife - 1996 - Remake

Comment

New window arrangement sucks in the new preview, could it at least be optional to have it back to the way it was before?

Comment

Originally posted by ExZ View Post
            New window arrangement sucks in the new preview, could it at least be optional to have it back to the way it was before?
            You do know that you can shift around the windows and sheets in the editor any way you like?

Comment

You can rearrange windows with drag'n'drop. It is a matter of one click to have old setup
              SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
              Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

I thought the day / night problem (Sun not moving no matter what approach you take!) was fixed for this preview :< I guess not :/
                KITATUS
                "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
                  You do know that you can shift around the windows and sheets in the editor any way you like?
                  everything opens up in a tab in the level window now fullscreen, instead of a window, its jacked up, most people have more than one monitor when they are doing this sort of thing for a reason, seems like they are catering for one monitor machines in the latest build.

I tried fixing some stuff with shift like moving the details panel back over to the side it was on, every single build before this, and all the content within the window disappears like magic.

when I say it sucks I am really not kidding, its not just buggy its unoptimized, entirely different, with no reason for it being different other than to confuse and increase the complexity.

Comment

when I say it sucks I am really not kidding, its not just buggy its unoptimized, entirely different, with no reason for it being different other than to confuse and increase the complexity.
                    SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
                    Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Originally posted by zeOrb View Post
                      Well aware...... my comments still stand....

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
                        Hey guys, thanks for the new update!

I tested out my project with preview 8 and am happy to report that the issue I was having with DynamicMaterialInstance's not being created through the Construction Script, which was preventing those materials from being applied, has been fixed in the new release.

However I am still receiving the "Externally Referenced" warnings I mentioned to Eric above. They are still being shown in the Map Check section of the Message Log, and I get a warning when I try to save the level about the externally referenced assets (which are not actually externally referenced).

I checked this with an already upgraded copy of the project, and also converted another new copy from 4.6.1 to make sure, and both of them show the warnings. It's not a big deal really but it could be confusing if left as is.

I just uploaded the newly converted copy of the project in case it will help you guys, you can download it here. Let me know if you need any further details, thank you!
                        Hey DotCam -

I will being working on tracking down what is causing this and see if we cannot eliminate the cause or at least explain better why it is throwing a warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Ketchum View Post
                          Hey DotCam -

I will being working on tracking down what is causing this and see if we cannot eliminate the cause or at least explain better why it is throwing a warning.
                          I've had this one for many versions now, no problems with older engines, it even happened with brand new projects from templates not just my own conversion:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...e-in-47b5.html

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Ketchum View Post
                            Hey DotCam -

All those same errors happens in a copy of my game I used to test 4.7; There are also sever bugs with hit outputs from Line Trace functions that works just fine in 4.6.1.
                            | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by rodstone View Post
                              I've noticed my build sizes are on the order of 250mb. My assets come to less than 1mb.. is this a preview thing or... I don't remember them being this big before
                              Originally posted by Serellyn
                              I would like to know this too... Having the same thing, an .apk of around 25mb and .obb of around 205mb, what gives?

In case if anyone's wondering, it's an almost empty project. And no starter content included also.
                              We see this too. We'll follow up on whether this was expected or not. Thanks

Update: This wasn't expected. We've logged it as UE-9983 and are working on a fix. Thanks again.
                              Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 02-17-2015, 08:18 PM.
                              Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Do you know what this engine needs? A Proper ToD (Time Of Day) setup or template, that can be dynamic based on real time factor and the option to changed on the fly in the editor and runtime, like Cryengine's ToD
                                Right now, I cannot move the fricking sun, the tutorials for this it's not logical at all and does not work, and I thought this engine was more logical and easy than Cryengine? guess I was wrong...
                                here my perspective:

Unreal Engine: you need to program on the blueprint a complex node based setup to be able to have a ToD only for runtime gameplay, you cannot change the sun position on the editor.
                                CryEngine: Just open the Time Of Day settings window and you are done, configure what you want in real time, no programing needed.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X