X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric Ketchum View Post
    Hey DotCam -

I am fairly confident in saying that this problem has been resolved by a fix for an issue with Construction scripts setting a not editable variable. If you want to send me a shorted project to test on our internal branch I would be happy to do that as well, though I am 99% sure the fix will be applied for your issue in the next Preview release of 4.7.

Either way Let me know -
    Hey Eric,

I just attempted to upgrade another copy from 4.6.1 to 4.7p7 so I could send it your way and noticed something I missed the first time around. If I try to save my level in 4.7 I get a total of 21 warnings on MapCheck for the BP_Skydome(11 warnings), BP_Ocean(2 warnings), and each of the MaterialInstanceDynamic (total of 8 warnings) variables for both materials saying they are "Externally Referenced". From the look of it I would say the issue you described above fits pretty well, setting a non-editable variable.

If you guys need a copy of it for any reason just let me know as I can easily provide a link now, but I'm pretty confident (99% as well) that we are talking about the same issue here. Thanks!
    Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Hi,
      I don't know if this is reported before, but I encountered a strange bug in the latest preview 7.
      When I attach(parent) an actor to a target point and try to move the object it will fly away in a strange way. The transform values will get really high values and if I don't let go right away, the editor will crash.
      I encountered this in two different projects. Both of them where upgaded from 4.6.

Comment

Hello - I think I've finally figured out how to move around my UMG issue from preview 4 to preview 7

Assertion failed: BlueprintObj->GeneratedClass [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Kismet2\Kismet2.cpp] [Line: 786]
        Invalid generated class for umg_hud
        My controller has reference to this widget and it is public and editable - if I make it NOT public - I get past this and 4.7 preview 7 will load

Just FYI this if this hanging anyone else up - also I find there are some occasions where Unreal will report the error in a incorrect place, ie. say line 45 breaks, it will report 46 so I spend time looking in the wrong place - I find null references in the editor get reported like this as well.

**edit: maybe not, its something to do in this area but I haven't quite figured it out
        Last edited by BPANDREW; 02-17-2015, 10:24 AM.
        ZOMBIE TOWN AHHH (ANDROID/STEAM) | RIDE SHARE EMPIRE (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | NEVER NOT KNIGHT (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | TWITTER | MY UE4 TUTORIALS | ANSWERHUB

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
          Hey Eric,

I just attempted to upgrade another copy from 4.6.1 to 4.7p7 so I could send it your way and noticed something I missed the first time around. If I try to save my level in 4.7 I get a total of 21 warnings on MapCheck for the BP_Skydome(11 warnings), BP_Ocean(2 warnings), and each of the MaterialInstanceDynamic (total of 8 warnings) variables for both materials saying they are "Externally Referenced". From the look of it I would say the issue you described above fits pretty well, setting a non-editable variable.

If you guys need a copy of it for any reason just let me know as I can easily provide a link now, but I'm pretty confident (99% as well) that we are talking about the same issue here. Thanks!
          That has been fixed. There were some backwards compatibility issues with components in blueprints not being publically exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by arjanM View Post
            Hi,
            I don't know if this is reported before, but I encountered a strange bug in the latest preview 7.
            When I attach(parent) an actor to a target point and try to move the object it will fly away in a strange way. The transform values will get really high values and if I don't let go right away, the editor will crash.
            I encountered this in two different projects. Both of them where upgaded from 4.6.
            This was fallout (one of many) from the ability to modify properties on blueprint created components a per actor instance basis that I mentioned above has now been disabled.

Comment

Is this bsp colour a permanent change? I rather liked the two tone version.

[shot]http://puu.sh/g0WEt/313b3916c5.png[/shot]

Comment

UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 8 for 4.7! This update to the preview contains around an additional 40 bug fixes. Please view the original post on page 1 of this thread for the updated "Known Issues" list.

Important Known Issues in 4.7 Preview 8
                UE-9965 Code Project exits to main screen on launch for Android

Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.7 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.
                Stephen Ellis | @TheEpicStephen
                Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

I've noticed my build sizes are on the order of 250mb. My assets come to less than 1mb.. is this a preview thing or... I don't remember them being this big before

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the continued support even on Icy days! Great work!
                    Abatron Development Thread
                    www.abatrongame.com
                    Steam Store

Comment

My launcher was acting odd this morning and now 4.7 has vanished completely. I noticed there was a new engine available and it said 4.7 (no preview). I decided to install it. While it was installing I noticed that the learn and marketplace tabs were blank. I restarted the launcher and everything is back to normal except 4.7 is missing completely now.
                      Strife - 1996 - Remake

Comment

Originally posted by awilliams1701 View Post
                        My launcher was acting odd this morning and now 4.7 has vanished completely. I noticed there was a new engine available and it said 4.7 (no preview). I decided to install it. While it was installing I noticed that the learn and marketplace tabs were blank. I restarted the launcher and everything is back to normal except 4.7 is missing completely now.
                        Put this on the answerhub yo!

Comment

Originally posted by rodstone View Post
                          I've noticed my build sizes are on the order of 250mb. My assets come to less than 1mb.. is this a preview thing or... I don't remember them being this big before
                          I would like to know this too... Having the same thing, an .apk of around 25mb and .obb of around 205mb, what gives?

In case if anyone's wondering, it's an almost empty project. And no starter content included also.
                          Last edited by Serellyn; 02-17-2015, 03:40 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Originally posted by Devero View Post
                            Awesome, thanks for the continued support even on Icy days! Great work!
                            Our North Carolina office is frozen over and nearly a ghost town in here today, but we're still going strong!
                            Stephen Ellis | @TheEpicStephen
                            Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                              Our North Carolina office is frozen over and nearly a ghost town in here today, but we're still going strong!
                              some of us are working from home to avoid the anarchy of downtown Icekingdom- I mean Cary
                              Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                              How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                              Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

To be fair, the frozen North that is Raleigh left much to be desired in terms of getting into the office! Working from home was the only option! ^_^
                                Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                                How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X