X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by RhythmScript View Post
    What changed with AI? Event Receive Condition Check and Finish Condition Check are now broken for my decorator BPs...
    Yeah they are also broken for me in 4.7 Preview 4. Epic, what happened there? What should I use instead of these two nodes?

Edit: Ok, I found it its an implementable function now. That's much worse than before Now I can't have multible "Finish Condition Check" nodes but only a single return node... That means I have to create a local boolean variable which is returned instead of just connecting different vaviables to different "Finish Condition Check" nodes. And it also means the graph get's ugly because of many different wires going into the return node. You should have it work the old way until you finally implement the possibility to have multible return nodes in functions. Btw, when will this be? 4.8?
    Last edited by John Alcatraz; 01-21-2015, 08:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To fix the foliage crashing problem all I did was delete my Foliage static assets. If that doesn't work than just delete anything connected to them like Materials, textures, etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
    Hi DasMatze,

Did you rename any of your macro libraries? If so, try calling the macro from the original name. I can still access created in 4.6.1 on my end, however there seems to be a bug that is only calling libraries on their original name. This has been entered as UE-7948.
    Hi!

No, I didn't rename it. It was "Macros" from the very first second on. But I'm glad you found something to fix.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My test project worked fine in 4.7 preview 3. After upgrading to 4.7 preview 4, I get the following errors when trying to compile my project in VS:

Creating library E:\Users\\Documents\Unreal Projects\ProcDungeon\Intermediate\Build\Win64\ProcDungeonEditor\Development\UE4Editor-ProcDungeon.lib and object E:\Users\\Documents\Unreal Projects\ProcDungeon\Intermediate\Build\Win64\ProcDungeonEditor\Development\UE4Editor-ProcDungeon.exp
    1>RPGCharacter.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual struct FNavAgentProperties const & __cdecl APawn::GetNavAgentProperties(void)const " (?GetNavAgentProperties@APawn@@UEBAAEBUFNavAgentProperties@@XZ)
    1>InventoryHUD.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual struct FNavAgentProperties const & __cdecl APawn::GetNavAgentProperties(void)const " (?GetNavAgentProperties@APawn@@UEBAAEBUFNavAgentProperties@@XZ) referenced in function "public: void __cdecl ARPGCharacter::execCHR(struct FFrame &,void * const)" (?execCHR@ARPGCharacter@@QEAAXAEAUFFrame@@QEAX@Z)
    1>ProcDungeon.generated.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual struct FNavAgentProperties const & __cdecl APawn::GetNavAgentProperties(void)const " (?GetNavAgentProperties@APawn@@UEBAAEBUFNavAgentProperties@@XZ)
    1>SimpleMoveToPlayerController.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual struct FNavAgentProperties const & __cdecl AController::GetNavAgentProperties(void)const " (?GetNavAgentProperties@AController@@UEBAAEBUFNavAgentProperties@@XZ)
    1>ProcDungeon.generated.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual struct FNavAgentProperties const & __cdecl AController::GetNavAgentProperties(void)const " (?GetNavAgentProperties@AController@@UEBAAEBUFNavAgentProperties@@XZ) referenced in function "class UClass * __cdecl Z_Construct_UClass_ARPGWeapon(void)" (?Z_Construct_UClass_ARPGWeapon@@YAPEAVUClass@@XZ)
    1>E:\Users\\Documents\Unreal Projects\ProcDungeon\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-ProcDungeon.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

Were there recent changes to AController::GetNavAgentProperties and APawn::GetNavAgentProperties? Did Navigation get moved into a new module?

Edited:

I deleted all my intermediate files and did a full rebuild and I was able to compile. Now I am getting the same Assertion failed: InstancedRenderData.InstanceBuffer.GetStride() == sizeof(FInstancingUserData::FInstanceStream error everyone else is getting.
    Last edited by Dartanlla; 01-21-2015, 04:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey folks,

I've asked this question in the wrong thread.

My question was, the foliage issues on speedtree will be fixed in the final 4.7? Currently it needs to be manually fixed by the material nodes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DasMatze View Post
    Nope, no errors. They just didn't appear anymore. Thankfully I didn't have many macros so setting up new ones was an easy task. I wish you could copy them with the in- and outputs somehow ...

About Preview 4: Thank you for the update! I hoped it made classes, actors and assets available in the data table row editor that got introduced recently at it is vital for my project.
    Hi DasMatze,

Did you rename any of your macro libraries? If so, try calling the macro from the original name. I can still access created in 4.6.1 on my end, however there seems to be a bug that is only calling libraries on their original name. This has been entered as UE-7948.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bardioc View Post
    I just realized while building 4.7 Preview myself on OS X 10.10, there seems to be an issue with the open gl window being added as sub view to the super view of the content window.
    Thanks. We'll investigate.

Originally posted by Serath View Post
    Hey, any estimate on when can we expect the full version of 4.7?
    As Chance mentioned here, a few weeks. In February.

Originally posted by beefaroni View Post
    Any chance the foliage will be fixed in Preview 5?
    Yep. We've just made the fix internally.

Originally posted by Peude View Post
    Hi, @Unreal Engine 4 staff..Please add here old or cancelled Subscription member. Because like me i like to help to make your new version will perfect. And if its done and not Preview version after this we needed to activate our subscription. if we want to download and use new version..Thanks.
    I appreciate that you wish to help to test the Preview release, but only currently active subscribers are able to access it, and we don't reactivate accounts just for testing.

Originally posted by iniside View Post
    Posting here so it won't dissolve within all those posts on answer hub.
    We'll take a look. And all bug reports on the Bug Reports section of the AnswerHub do receive attention from Epic as quickly as able. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...tion-fold.html

Posting here so it won't dissolve within all those posts on answer hub.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, @Unreal Engine 4 staff..Please add here old or cancelled Subscription member. Because like me i like to help to make your new version will perfect. And if its done and not Preview version after this we needed to activate our subscription. if we want to download and use new version..Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by beefaroni View Post
    So I'm dumb and updated to 4.7 Preview 4 without reading through that top update..

I've been able to recover project with promoted 4.8 branch from github, can't recommend it though, consequences ARE UNKNOWN!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So I'm dumb and updated to 4.7 Preview 4 without reading through that top update..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think that's what was failing for me too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
    It is not possible to roll back to previous releases. I do hope it was only a test project and not your project for active development (to reiterate for all, please only use test projects or a copy of your project when testing the Preview releases)

We would certainly like to investigate this issue though. Can you please make an AnswerHub post in the Bug Reports section with more information about the failures you are experiencing? Thanks
    Nothing serious, it was my game for january jam and it's already finished so it's okay.

Well, it's exactly what you've described in warning, I believe:
    Assertion failed: InstancedRenderData.InstanceBuffer.GetStride() == sizeof(FInstancingUserData::FInstanceStream

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey,
    any estimate on when can we expect the full version of 4.7?

PS: Thanks for the great work guys, loving the engine so far.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Incompatibility of Editor under OS X 10.10

I just realized while building 4.7 Preview myself on OS X 10.10, there seems to be an issue with the open gl window being added as sub view to the super view of the content window. The following exception arises:

Code:
    2015-01-20 23:20:54.643 UE4Editor-Mac-Debug[30748:8226068] NSWindow warning: adding an unknown subview: <FCocoaOpenGLView: 0x6180001768c0>
    2015-01-20 23:20:54.663 UE4Editor-Mac-Debug[30748:8226068] Call stack:
    (
    	0   AppKit                              0x00007fff9674c1ec -[NSThemeFrame addSubview:] + 107
    	1   UE4Editor-OpenGLDrv-Mac-Debug.dylib 0x000000012cf4e153 _Z27PlatformCreateOpenGLContextP21FPlatformOpenGLDevicePv + 1363
    	2   UE4Editor-OpenGLDrv-Mac-Debug.dylib 0x000000012cf4dae7 _ZN15FOpenGLViewportC2EP17FOpenGLDynamicRHIPvjjb + 967
    	3   UE4Editor-OpenGLDrv-Mac-Debug.dylib 0x000000012cf45f44 _ZN15FOpenGLViewportC1EP17FOpenGLDynamicRHIPvjjb + 68
    	4   UE4Editor-OpenGLDrv-Mac-Debug.dylib 0x000000012cf45eb7 _ZN17FOpenGLDynamicRHI17RHICreateViewportEPvjjb + 167
    	5   UE4Editor-RHI-Mac-Debug.dylib       0x0000000108f0b6a5 _Z17RHICreateViewportPvjjb + 165
    	6   UE4Editor-SlateRHIRenderer-Mac-Debug.dylib 0x00000001217052b5 _ZN17FSlateRHIRenderer14CreateViewportE10TSharedRefI7SWindowL7ESPMode0EE + 2293
    	7   UE4Editor-SlateCore-Mac-Debug.dylib 0x0000000109db8192 _ZN7SWindow10ShowWindowEv + 722
    	8   UE4Editor-MainFrame-Mac-Debug.dylib 0x000000010dfa33c6 _ZNK17FMainFrameHandler19ShowMainFrameWindowE10TSharedRefI7SWindowL7ESPMode0EEb + 646
    	9   UE4Editor-MainFrame-Mac-Debug.dylib 0x000000010df586c1 _ZN16FMainFrameModule22CreateDefaultMainFrameEb + 13137
    	10  UE4Editor-UnrealEd-Mac-Debug.dylib  0x000000010b326e2a _Z10EditorInitR11IEngineLoop + 13002
    	11  UE4Editor-Mac-Debug                 0x0000000100044c2a _Z11GuardedMainPKw + 138
    	12  UE4Editor-Mac-Debug                 0x0000000100059db9 -[UE4AppDelegate runGameThread:] + 297
    	13  UE4Editor-Core-Mac-Debug.dylib      0x00000001003065fb -[FCocoaGameThread main] + 123
    	14  Foundation                          0x00007fff98b7590a __NSThread__main__ + 1345
    	15  libsystem_pthread.dylib             0x00007fff94c3a268 _pthread_body + 131
    	16  libsystem_pthread.dylib             0x00007fff94c3a1e5 _pthread_body + 0
    	17  libsystem_pthread.dylib             0x00007fff94c3841d thread_start + 13
    )
    For now, this seems to be only a warning, cause I do not see anything that does not work. Apples documentation says, that starting with Yosemite, it shall no longer be possible to use NSWindow's addSubView method for this purpose (see OpenGLMac.cpp). Maybe someone of your Mac gurus can figure something out for this

Regards,

Heiko

Leave a comment:

Working...
X