This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...usability.html

Been having some issues with cascades usability lately. 4.5's approach was much better than the current. I like the slider idea, but they would be much better and more intuitive if they behaved like Blueprint sliders, where the max value was not clamped to 1.0 if you enter a higher value.

Comment

Request!

I love the new single screen blueprint editor, but!, could we get option which would open this editor in seprate window instead of automatically docking it into main editor window ?
      I actually use this on two screen setup (coz it's awesome!), and it's kind of annoying when I have to undock each new window for new blueprint.
      https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
        Request!

I love the new single screen blueprint editor, but!, could we get option which would open this editor in seprate window instead of automatically docking it into main editor window ?
        I actually use this on two screen setup (coz it's awesome!), and it's kind of annoying when I have to undock each new window for new blueprint.
        I agree, I think this kind of thing is really important for ease of use. Some flexible configurations for which things to open in new tab/new window would be great.

Kind of related, do other people have a weird issue with Alt-tab and multiple windows in UE? Sometimes it can't seem to decide if it has two main windows or one (from an OS point of view) and one window will not show even when selected until the other window is minimized.

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
          Request!

Actually it's not docking into main window, it's docking into active window. So, if your active window is another small-windowed-blueprint, it will dock right here and etc.
          SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
          Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

I'm seeing some... eccentricities... with the blueprint UI that are new in Preview 6.

When I create a Variable or Function in a blueprint, it attempts to rename whatever is above it in the tree. This includes category headers.

When I change a property of a variable (it's name, whether or not it's replicated, it's type, etc) the change takes effect then the variable becomes unselected. This means I have to reselect the Variable to change additional properties. Kinda annoying.

Dragging a variable (or function) onto the graph doesn't always work the first time. Sometimes I have to drag the variable multiple times to get the node to insert. Sometimes it works the first time. Not sure what is going on there.

I see that I can drag components from the component list on the graph, but sometimes this doesn't work. I don't have a repro case... it appears random.

Comment

I just tried 4.7.0p6 on my current project, and was pleasantly surprised to find it stable! I had tried p3 before, but got crash issues with 'spawn actor from class' nodes (answerhub link), which doesn't happen in p6, so good work Epic!

I was checking it out since I've run into what I think is a BP circular dependency problem in 4.6.1, but I can't for the life of me nail it to the simplest case. It's not present in 4.7.0p6 though, so I guess that answers the 'will I upgrade' question. Now I'm really looking forward for 4.7.0; stability >> features every time.

Keep it up Epic!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyAwesome View Post
                I'm seeing some... eccentricities... with the blueprint UI that are new in Preview 6.

Dragging a variable (or function) onto the graph doesn't always work the first time. Sometimes I have to drag the variable multiple times to get the node to insert. Sometimes it works the first time. Not sure what is going on there.
                aaaah here i thought i just hadn't had enough coffee this morning, it kept doing this to me too and it seemed weird. the unselecting bug is pretty annoying too!

*waves to a fellow roy*

Comment

Hi everybody, anyone is experiencing the same problem with the oculus rift on the last preview?

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-properly.html

Comment

Here's an idea for 4.7

The content browser is located along the bottom of the screen now. What if you changed the details panel to have three tabs (i.e. Content, Details, Settings). This way you could have a much larger space for the main level window.

Perhaps and even better idea would be to add a "Content" tab to the mode screen window. I don't usually use these both at the same time.
                    Last edited by Demolition Man; 02-11-2015, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Demolition Man View Post
                      Here's an idea for 4.7

The content browser is located along the bottom of the screen now. What if you changed the details panel to have three tabs (i.e. Content, Details, Settings). This way you could have a much larger space for the main level window.

Perhaps and even better idea would be to add a "Content" tab to the mode screen window. I don't usually use these both at the same time.
                      I could see how in a general case a lot of users might want to have both the content browser tab and details/settings also visible at the same time to make changes on currently selected objects.

If you want to configure the editor layout to have all three tabs under the same area can't you just drag and drop them all into the same area now though?

Comment

Originally posted by Majority View Post
                        Ok thanks,

By the way, i have encounter an issue with 4.7.6, the shadows are not working properly on all movable objects, the shadows disappears and sometimes it shows only a black square on movable objects
                        also is not working on "Cast Inset Shadow"
                        is this issue already known?

Regards
                        Hey Majority -

Thank you for your report, I was able to track this down and report the issue and it appears to be fixed in our internal branch of the engine. We are trying to get that fix moved up to the next preview release of the engine. In the meantime, if you are using a stationary directional light you can set the Cascading Stationary Distance to any value above 0 and it will offer a temporary fix. For Spot and Point Lights there is not currently a workaround. Stay Tuned for more information as we get.

EDIT - Fixed in Release Branch and should be coming with 4.7 preview 7.

Thank You
                        Last edited by Lovecraft_K; 02-11-2015, 01:16 PM.

Comment

is it still impossible to launch on android?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Ketchum View Post
                            Hey Majority -

Thank you for your report, I was able to track this down and report the issue and it appears to be fixed in our internal branch of the engine. We are trying to get that fix moved up to the next preview release of the engine. In the meantime, if you are using a stationary directional light you can set the Cascading Stationary Distance to any value above 0 and it will offer a temporary fix. For Spot and Point Lights there is not currently a workaround. Stay Tuned for more information as we get.

Thank You
                            Thanks for the update Eric.
                            I will be following this thread and I will be hunting for bugs as I explore the engine

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Voren View Post
                              @RoyAwesome the audio is working now for me.

Split-screen is borked though. Tried a fresh 3rd person project added a second player with the "create player" blueprint node in the level blueprint. Only the last player added shows somewhat correctly. The other players it looks like object culling is reversed or something because everything disappears when you turn to look at it.
                              Hey Voren-

I tested split screen and had the same rendering issue happen for me. This has been reported to our internal tracking database (UE-9626) for further investigation. Thanks for informing us and let us know if there's anything else you come across.

Cheers

Doug Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Demolition Man View Post
                                Here's an idea for 4.7

I personally put the content browser onto my second monitor, but otherwise keep it in a very similar configuration.

Only difference is I make the Scene Outliner and Modes into the one panel with two tabs on the top of the right hand side, then Details & World Settings as two tabs below (and sometimes 3 tabs with the Content Browser).

If you don't have a second screen, moving all of the tabs to the right hand side leaves you with a pretty decent sized viewport. Even if you do have two screens it makes a big difference, something I have done since day one (or two..).
                                Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Working...
                                X