X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    deprecation warnings on server rpcs ?

Hi all,

I am still having those strange deprecation warnings in p4.

I have started a brand new code (4.7p4 / c++ / basic code), just added an AActor derived class with this code

Code:
    UFUNCTION(server, withvalidation, reliable)
    	void ServerMove(FVector Velocity, bool bSweep);

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bool ASpider::ServerMove_Validate(FVector Velocity, bool bSweep){ return true; }
    void ASpider::ServerMove_Implementation(FVector Velocity, bool bSweep)
    {
    	AddActorWorldOffset(Velocity, bSweep);
    }
    Et voila:

Code:
    1>C:\Users\cedric\Documents\Unreal Projects\SpiderTest\Source\SpiderTest\Spider/Spider.h(14)( : warning C4996: Function Spider::ServerMove needs native implementation by virtual void ServerMove_Implementation(FVector Velocity, bool bSweep) due to its properties. Currently ServerMove_Implementation declaration is autogenerated by UHT. Since next release you'll have to provide declaration on your own. Please update your code before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
    All this was made in 4.7 preview 4.

There are a forum thread and an answerhub thread dedicated to that, but no luck so far.
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ver-rpc-in-4-7
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...claration.html

Nobody else have this problem ?

Cheers

Cedric

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by polemos View Post
    I really see this as a high priority Gear VR is being demoed everywhere right now in every convention and I can not get any of our builds out there to show this is a huge issue for us. Is there a time frame or any way we can get get a build up and running on this platform ASAP.
    They say it is coming, it is confirmed from multiple people in the team. They also confirmed it on one of the last Twitch broadcasts but nobody was able to get it running, there are no updates in the patch notes / preview notes... I have no idea but yes this information blackout and lack of documentation is worrying.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    play with Feature Packs?

What is the status of the new Feature Packs? Noticed they are not mentioned anywhere on first page.
    4.7\FeaturePacks

FP_FirstPerson.upack
    FP_FirstPersonBP.upack
    MobileStarterContent.upack <-- this one
    StarterContent.upack
    TP_Rolling.upack
    TP_RollingBP.upack
    TP_ThirdPerson.upack
    TP_ThirdPersonBP.upack
    TP_Vehicle.upack
    TP_VehicleBP.upack

The "New Project" UI still adds the old 4.7\Samples\StarterContent (and says not optimized for Mobile).

Created a new Blank BP/Mobile/Scalable project, imported the MobileStarterContent.upack and loaded the Starter Map and everything looks fine in Play/Simulate so far.
    Would you consider the Mobile Starter Content pack in experimental phase?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Gear VR Support NEEDED!

Originally posted by veiovis View Post
    I dont see the problem with Gear VR support on the known issues list. I think there a quite a few people who would love to test the Gear VR integration, me included.
    I really see this as a high priority Gear VR is being demoed everywhere right now in every convention and I can not get any of our builds out there to show this is a huge issue for us. Is there a time frame or any way we can get get a build up and running on this platform ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Guys,

4.7 p4 is awesome thanks for the update!

I've an issue with moveable meshes that are animated with a matinee actor on mobile.

The do not render in either the mobile preview, editor mobile preview or the actual device (iPad). Shadows are cast correctly, and collisions etc work.

I've tried this with a simple project too, i.e just a mesh and a matinee actor set to rotate the mesh 360 degrees.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    awesome

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi matseffect,

That bug is currently in testing, it is at the top of our priorities list so keep an eye out for an update!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any word on a fix for UE-7793? I am a little screwed at the moment, had been working fine with 4.7 but upgraded before reading about the error. My own fault I guess.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    loool thats strange. When I first started my launcher, there was just 4.7.0 under my engines. Ive restarted it and now theres Preview 4. Sorry :O

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FrostByteGER View Post
    Looks like the 4.7 is out now! Check your Launchers
    I can just see the 4.7 preview 4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks like the 4.7 is out now! Check your Launchers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't wait for 4.7 final! Cutback on the cardboard foliage

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there an estimated date for the release of the update to fix the foliage crash issue?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dont see the problem with Gear VR support on the known issues list. I think there a quite a few people who would love to test the Gear VR integration, me included.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can anyone check if Blutilities are working in 4.7 or are they still broken?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X