This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    UE4 is getting too large, maybe you could remove the VS2012 dependencies now - surely no one is still using it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi matseffect,

There were a few changes that needed to be made to the overall patch before we push the patch out. I don't have an exact timeframe but it should be relatively soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any eta for the patch to fix the foliage issues? cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bardioc View Post
    I just realized while building 4.7 Preview myself on OS X 10.10, there seems to be an issue with the open gl window being added as sub view to the super view of the content window. The following exception arises:

Code:
    2015-01-20 23:20:54.643 UE4Editor-Mac-Debug[30748:8226068] NSWindow warning: adding an unknown subview: <FCocoaOpenGLView: 0x6180001768c0>
    2015-01-20 23:20:54.663 UE4Editor-Mac-Debug[30748:8226068] Call stack:
    (
    	0   AppKit                              0x00007fff9674c1ec -[NSThemeFrame addSubview:] + 107
    	1   UE4Editor-OpenGLDrv-Mac-Debug.dylib 0x000000012cf4e153 _Z27PlatformCreateOpenGLContextP21FPlatformOpenGLDevicePv + 1363
    	2   UE4Editor-OpenGLDrv-Mac-Debug.dylib 0x000000012cf4dae7 _ZN15FOpenGLViewportC2EP17FOpenGLDynamicRHIPvjjb + 967
    	3   UE4Editor-OpenGLDrv-Mac-Debug.dylib 0x000000012cf45f44 _ZN15FOpenGLViewportC1EP17FOpenGLDynamicRHIPvjjb + 68
    	4   UE4Editor-OpenGLDrv-Mac-Debug.dylib 0x000000012cf45eb7 _ZN17FOpenGLDynamicRHI17RHICreateViewportEPvjjb + 167
    	5   UE4Editor-RHI-Mac-Debug.dylib       0x0000000108f0b6a5 _Z17RHICreateViewportPvjjb + 165
    	6   UE4Editor-SlateRHIRenderer-Mac-Debug.dylib 0x00000001217052b5 _ZN17FSlateRHIRenderer14CreateViewportE10TSharedRefI7SWindowL7ESPMode0EE + 2293
    	7   UE4Editor-SlateCore-Mac-Debug.dylib 0x0000000109db8192 _ZN7SWindow10ShowWindowEv + 722
    	8   UE4Editor-MainFrame-Mac-Debug.dylib 0x000000010dfa33c6 _ZNK17FMainFrameHandler19ShowMainFrameWindowE10TSharedRefI7SWindowL7ESPMode0EEb + 646
    	9   UE4Editor-MainFrame-Mac-Debug.dylib 0x000000010df586c1 _ZN16FMainFrameModule22CreateDefaultMainFrameEb + 13137
    	10  UE4Editor-UnrealEd-Mac-Debug.dylib  0x000000010b326e2a _Z10EditorInitR11IEngineLoop + 13002
    	11  UE4Editor-Mac-Debug                 0x0000000100044c2a _Z11GuardedMainPKw + 138
    	12  UE4Editor-Mac-Debug                 0x0000000100059db9 -[UE4AppDelegate runGameThread:] + 297
    	13  UE4Editor-Core-Mac-Debug.dylib      0x00000001003065fb -[FCocoaGameThread main] + 123
    	14  Foundation                          0x00007fff98b7590a __NSThread__main__ + 1345
    	15  libsystem_pthread.dylib             0x00007fff94c3a268 _pthread_body + 131
    	16  libsystem_pthread.dylib             0x00007fff94c3a1e5 _pthread_body + 0
    	17  libsystem_pthread.dylib             0x00007fff94c3841d thread_start + 13
    )
    For now, this seems to be only a warning, cause I do not see anything that does not work. Apples documentation says, that starting with Yosemite, it shall no longer be possible to use NSWindow's addSubView method for this purpose (see OpenGLMac.cpp). Maybe someone of your Mac gurus can figure something out for this

Regards,

Heiko
    Hi Heiko,

You get this warning when you build the engine with OS X 10.10 SDK. It's harmless for now, but we will solve this by implementing shadows and round corners for windows using a different method. It's almost ready, just needs some polishing, and will hopefully be implemented in 4.8. Thanks for reporting it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's a good news.

I have added this:
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...sue-in-bp.html

That is I think linked to this thread.

The ticket is : UE-7000

In my opinion, it's really a bad one as it's impact Overlap Begin, Overlap End event that are used mainly in trigger and so on.
    To summurize, both events are raised in the same frame and not "Begin" when you start overlapping and "End" when you stopped overlapping the actor.
    So if you are using both in the same BP to manage In/Out in a volume by example. You get weird result.

Thanks for your feedback.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Elvince View Post
    Hi,

As you post a thread on delaying the 4.7 release to get it polished, could you please confirm this will get your attention for 4.7? The issue was in 4.6 and maybe ealier.

thanks,
    Hi Elvince,

I posted a comment on your AnswerHub post, but I wanted to respond here as well to make sure this is visible to everyone.

The crash that you described in your AnswerHub post has been fixed internally. I ran through some tests with our latest internal build, and the crash no longer seems to be occurring. It looks like this fix has been integrated into 4.7.

Tim

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ulrich.Thümmler View Post
    Hi,

i build a map in 4.73 and his works fine. Today i upgrade to 4.74 and the ue4 crashed by loading this map. It is possible to reload 4.73 Build? I can't found a download client.

regards,
    Ulrich
    Hi Ulrich,

If you have any foliage or instanced meshes in your project they will crash immediately on loading in preview 4. This has been fixed internally and should be rolled out soon. Unfortunately there isn't a way to roll back to 4.7 preview 3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mosel3y View Post
    Think I've encountered a possible bug in 4.7 P4 binary version

In an empty project:

-Add a timeline to a blueprint
    -Right click, add a "Set Play Rate (Timeline_0)" node
    -Ctrl+c to copy node
    -Ctrl+v to paste
    -Editor crashes

Anyone else get that?
    Hi Mosel3y,

I was able to reproduce this on my end and have entered a bug report, UE-8380 to be assessed by the development staff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Think I've encountered a possible bug in 4.7 P4 binary version

In an empty project:

-Add a timeline to a blueprint
    -Right click, add a "Set Play Rate (Timeline_0)" node
    -Ctrl+c to copy node
    -Ctrl+v to paste
    -Editor crashes

Anyone else get that?
    Last edited by Mosel3y; 01-27-2015, 09:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

i build a map in 4.73 and his works fine. Today i upgrade to 4.74 and the ue4 crashed by loading this map. It is possible to reload 4.73 Build? I can't found a download client.

MachineId:5F7CF1164FD502A0BAF5BFB9C9CBA8B2
    EpicAccountId:22312e3488934a9aa998e46b6ddb62dc

No minidump found for this crash.
    regards,
    Ulrich

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All right,

In case anyone bumps into those warnings, the problem and the solution have been confirmed here:
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ver-rpc-in-4-7

Cheers
    Cedric

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Allar,

Thanks you very much for your answer, indeed, this code works:

Code:
    UFUNCTION(server, withvalidation, reliable)
    	void ServerMove(FVector Velocity, bool bSweep); 
    virtual bool ServerMove_Validate(FVector Velocity, bool bSweep);
    virtual void ServerMove_Implementation(FVector Velocity, bool bSweep);
    I have like 50 rpcs in my code, so before i change everything, could i have some official confirmation from epic staff that from now on this is the way to go with rpc declarations ? It seems a bit awkward, 3 declarations for one function.

Thanks
    Cedric

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by uced View Post
    Hi all,

I am still having those strange deprecation warnings in p4.

I have started a brand new code (4.7p4 / c++ / basic code), just added an AActor derived class with this code

Code:
    UFUNCTION(server, withvalidation, reliable)
    	void ServerMove(FVector Velocity, bool bSweep);

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bool ASpider::ServerMove_Validate(FVector Velocity, bool bSweep){ return true; }
    void ASpider::ServerMove_Implementation(FVector Velocity, bool bSweep)
    {
    	AddActorWorldOffset(Velocity, bSweep);
    }
    Et voila:

Code:
    1>C:\Users\cedric\Documents\Unreal Projects\SpiderTest\Source\SpiderTest\Spider/Spider.h(14)( : warning C4996: Function Spider::ServerMove needs native implementation by virtual void ServerMove_Implementation(FVector Velocity, bool bSweep) due to its properties. Currently ServerMove_Implementation declaration is autogenerated by UHT. Since next release you'll have to provide declaration on your own. Please update your code before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
    All this was made in 4.7 preview 4.

There are a forum thread and an answerhub thread dedicated to that, but no luck so far.
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ver-rpc-in-4-7
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...claration.html

Nobody else have this problem ?

Cheers

Cedric
    In your header, declare those functions, Validate and Implementation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
    "Event Receive Condition Check and Finish Condition Check" are also broken for me in 4.7 Preview 4. Epic, what happened there? What should I use instead of these two nodes?

Edit: Ok, I found it its an implementable function now. That's much worse than before Now I can't have multible "Finish Condition Check" nodes but only a single return node... That means I have to create a local boolean variable which is returned instead of just connecting different vaviables to different "Finish Condition Check" nodes. And it also means the graph get's ugly because of many different wires going into the return node. You should have it work the old way until you finally implement the possibility to have multible return nodes in functions. Btw, when will this be? 4.8?
    Epic, could you please comment on this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by polemos View Post
    I really see this as a high priority Gear VR is being demoed everywhere right now in every convention and I can not get any of our builds out there to show this is a huge issue for us. Is there a time frame or any way we can get get a build up and running on this platform ASAP.
    It is coming soon, will be in 4.7. Check out the roadmap: https://trello.com/c/dUFjEZ7O/479-samsung-gear-vr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X