This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Fricker View Post
    Preview 6 should be released today, within the next four hours.
    Awesome. Any chance the related commit can be tagged on github, or is there not a direct correspondence between github commits and the preview builds?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fricker View Post
      Preview 6 should be released today, within the next four hours. We'll be doing at least one more preview release after this one, possible a few more, to get additional testing and stability.

--Mike
      Hi Mike,
      I get the feeling that 4.7 has had quite a few changes going on in the background in an attempt to make a better and more stable engine. Keep up the good work my friend. We all want a better engine so take your time with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Demolition Man View Post
        Hi Mike,
        I get the feeling that 4.7 has had quite a few changes going on in the background in an attempt to make a better and more stable engine. Keep up the good work my friend. We all want a better engine so take your time with it.
        Yep take your time guys, but not valve time tho plz

Comment

UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 6 for 4.7! This update to the preview contains an additional 51 bug fixes. Please view the original post on page 1 of this thread for the updated "Known Issues" list.

This update also contains some important known issues which we wish to call particular attention to.

Important Known Issues in 4.7 Preview 6
          UE-7353 - Projects launched on from Mac to Android crash upon opening
          UE-8635 - Sample games are not working once launched onto Android
          UE-8873 - Mac Binary missing files for HTML5
          UE-9448 - UAT no longer seems to work with -<platform>, it needs -platform=<platform> (this means that packaging for iOS and HTML5 packages for Windows)

Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.7 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.
          Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 02-10-2015, 06:40 PM.
          Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Looks like 4.7 Preview 6 is on the launcher, just downloading it now. Thanks Guys!

Also to reiterate Michael, Mike, KitatusStudios, & Stephen:

NEVER upgrade the only copy of your project to a preview release!! When you open the project you will get a popup box asking how to proceed, ALWAYS select "Open a Copy" to avoid any problems. This will keep a copy of your 4.6 project (or other earlier version) and create a duplicate named "ProjectName 4.7", this way you will keep your working version and not lose any data. This is also a proven method to prevent headaches...
            Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

I've noticed there's a highlight issue with sample games launching on Android in 4.7p5 & 4.7p6.

I've not been able to get my current project to launch on Android since P5 (it worked with P1-4) and would like to know if it's the same issue or not. Is there any way to tell?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                UPDATE!

...and should not be used for the active development of your project.
                you can't stop me! mwahahahhahaa!!

Comment

Unless a major feature in the new release is required for a prototype project. Then its a headache one has to accept. :P
                  Current Project: Shadow Over Isolation

Comment

Originally posted by Furroy View Post
                    you can't stop me! mwahahahhahaa!!
                    mwahhaha me neither !!

hope that this time it will be more stable than the previous one, maybe I will be able to suppress my obsession to constantly push the save button...

It is only me who is observing better performance of Oculus from 4.7?

Comment

Keep it comin' guys! Great work so far!

Comment

Originally posted by sbnewsom View Post
                        Unless a major feature in the new release is required for a prototype project. Then its a headache one has to accept. :P
                        It depends on how "major" of a feature we are talking, but often developers choose to stay on a stable release but "cherry-pick" code from a future version of UE4. Because you guys have all of the code, you can mash-up your own release however you want. We can even help you locate the relevant commits in some cases.

--Mike

Comment

I'm getting a crash loading a level (That has sub-levels). When I can I'll attempt to replicate.

Edit: Couldn't replicate; Turns out it was something in my code (Not quite sure what) that made 4.7 (06) crash. Re-copying the 4.6 project fixed it.

I'll keep my eye out and see what actually happened (The log doesn't show anything out of the ordinary, Just stops at different times everytime).

EDIT EDIT: I have had something super-random happen and I'm sure this is going to make a few of the engine coders scratch their heads:

As we know 4.7 (05) didn't have sound. When I started using 4.7 (06) I was still not getting sound. "Weird, I thought it was fixed?" - On a whim, I checked my audio mixer (Windows Tech Preview) and the project was auto-muted in the mixer.

Weeeirrrdddd.

This wasn't the case in 4.7 (05), the audio just wasn't working. If I didn't check the mixer, I would have assumed that audio just wasn't working. I didn't know Unreal Engine even could alter the user's audio settings of the computer.
                          Last edited by KITATUS; 02-10-2015, 02:58 PM.
                          KITATUS
                          "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

umg

U̶E̶-̶8̶0̶4̶7̶ ̶C̶r̶a̶s̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶,̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶p̶r̶i̶n̶t̶,̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶
                            Now after the opening or reopening level through the Open Level not an error?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenomica View Post
                              Eek. Subscribed today to get a hands on with 4.7 preview 5 (and because 4.7 is due this month) - I opened my 4.6.1 project as a copy in 4.7p5 and, well - it never did actually open. The engine just crashes instantly with no error message or log during the splash screen loading.

This happens every time I try opening this project in 4.7.

Aside from that, I made a new project to test out 4.7 in general and I have to say - I really like the new UI and icons. As a single screen user, I feel I have so much more space.
                              Exact same thing with Preview 6

AnswerHub Report Here

Comment

Thx for adding the tags to the git tree.

Comment

Working...
                                X