This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demolition Man View Post
    I would love to see blueprint components where you could adjust the component's rotation by a single degree instead of the current minimum of 5 degrees.
    You can already change that to your liking in Editor Preferences > Viewports > Grid Snapping.
    FREE VR Drum Kit Project
    FREE Color LUT Collection
    FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
    FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
    Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
    Camera Crossfade

Comment

Originally posted by Jacky View Post
      You can already change that to your liking in Editor Preferences > Viewports > Grid Snapping.
      or just tick that icon that's right next to where you chose the degree minimum in the editor.

Comment

This foliage update is a massive improvement to FPS!

Comment

Question: DLC support is marked on trello to December, will this also come on 4.7 or we'll get it just on 4.8?
          VIDA - U4 Indie Goth Horror Game
          Project Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
            - Can now change Blueprint variable types without removing all instances of the node from the Blueprint
            Oh my god thank you!

I was hoping for this change. It was quite ridiculous changing a variable in a large BP.

I'm already super happy. Even though I hoped as well for a bit umg but hey.

Comment

Oculus Rift support is updated to 0.4.4 runtimes
              Does this preview build also include the mobile SDK so we can get started on Gear VR development?
              Klepto - Burglary Simulator

Comment

On my foliage (trees) heavy map I actually went from 50-60 fps down to 20-30 fps. It seems that instancing doesn't work nor LOD meshes.

Comment

Sad to see that there's still no mention of the particle collision bug, root motion scaling or phat scaling.

HIGHLY excited for the ability to change the type of existing variables and improvements to BP editor/compile times. I swear my Character BP is molasses, and the speed improvements from 4.5 to 4.6 were a really welcome change.

It's funny, UE makes a big deal about rolling out new features in a way that sometimes frustrates people who are more interested in improving the stability and speed of existing stuff, but I find that I'm waiting endlessly for features but grateful for all the speed and stability improvements

Comment

Thanks Epic! I think the move is brilliant. The idea will help deal with problems before the official releases other than waiting for hotfixes the old way
                    W3 Studios

Comment

This runs ~2fps in 4.6 and ~35fps in 4.7 (HD6970 2GB).
                      Thanks Epic for the great work.

Comment

No vegetation shader?

Comment

I checked the new two-sided foliage lighting, and it is pretty awesome. Even the free trees from SpeedTree (Broadleaf), looks very good with it.
                          Which honestly is quite an achievement, since I never could get this tree to look good before .
                          https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Excellent work guys! I now get 120 FPS on maps in which I used get 80 - 90 FPS. This update is awesome. I almost want to ditch 4.6 and use 4.7 from now on. The foliage improvements are amazing also. I received a decent performance boost. Although, I am now experiencing weird problems with lights:

I get lens flares on lights that aren't supposed to have them. I didn't have this in 4.6. Any help?

Other than that, I LOVE YOU GUYS! #nohomo lol
                            Keep up the good work!

Comment

This is an awesome move, thank you all so much for your hard work .
                              I especially hope this will resolve some issues in the past like having math nodes broken (unable to compile projects containing them) for multiple releases as you can hear about this earlier and aren't left with the only option being a hotfix or waiting a long period of time for the next full release.
                              Many great features, changes and improvements already, keep up the great work .

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftIllusion View Post
                                This is an awesome move, thank you all so much for your hard work .
                                I especially hope this will resolve some issues in the past like having math nodes broken (unable to compile projects containing them) for multiple releases as you can hear about this earlier and aren't left with the only option being a hotfix or waiting a long period of time for the next full release.
                                Many great features, changes and improvements already, keep up the great work .

That's the goal here! We want to do our best to fix problems before they are, well, problems and attempt to get the fixes that matter most to you all in.
                                Let's Connect [Twitter]

Comment

Working...
                                X