X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Makotech222 View Post
    Does anyone else have a problem with casting shadows being shown in orthographic camera in 4.7p8? None of my objects cast shadows when i set my camera to orthographic.
    Shadows are working in 4.7 P8 with the camera orthographic view from what I see:

Click image for larger version

Name:	shadows47orthographic.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	395.7 KB
ID:	1066972

You may want to check the Engine Scalability settings and make sure that they're set to EPIC, otherwise you will lose the ability to see shadows and post processing along with some other things.

If you're still having the issue, make a post on the AnswerHub and reply here with a link. I'll assign myself and we can look at what may be the root cause.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by aussieburger View Post
    Testing on Android - I don't get build failures - it says builds successfully however it only 'works' if I select development mode - as soon as I select Shipping I get a crash directly after staring the app on the mobile. What else doesn't work anymore are the google play services leaderboard and achievements - a connection is no longer made when starting the app (only once every 10 starts or so it might work). No such troubles in 4.6.
    Same here. Development build works, Shipping build fails instantly on startup. In my case its a converted project from 4.51. Tested on Galaxy S4.

Even when I make an empty new level and set it as a starting level the app is dumped immediatly. I couldn't check the Achievments etc, but I saw other threads with people having problems there too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another thing that should be mentioned for Android. In the new automatically created manifest file process the following permission is added:

<uses-permission android:name="com.android.vending.BILLING" />

This means when adding to the app store it gets the label: "in-app purchases". Can be misleading especially when your app does not contain any

Would be great if this was another check box ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone else have a problem with casting shadows being shown in orthographic camera in 4.7p8? None of my objects cast shadows when i set my camera to orthographic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Crocopede View Post
    Not so much. If you use Unreal Remote to test tilt all is good. But if you build a game the Axis are somehow swapper. So your tilt is all broken. Fwd goes sideways and vice versa.
    Unless thats another bug...
    Tilt is working as expected in 4.7 at least for my project - in 4.6 tilt went crazy when I tried implementing the ability to switch between standard touch joystick thumb controllers or tilt as a controls menu option. Seemed to be a known UMG related tilt bug in 4.6

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by aussieburger View Post
    Testing on Android - I don't get build failures - it says builds successfully however it only 'works' if I select development mode - as soon as I select Shipping I get a crash directly after staring the app on the mobile. What else doesn't work anymore are the google play services leaderboard and achievements - a connection is no longer made when starting the app (only once every 10 starts or so it might work). No such troubles in 4.6.

Was testing with 4.7 Preview 8 - a real pity since 4.7 has a great bug fix on the tilt I'm needing
    Not so much. If you use Unreal Remote to test tilt all is good. But if you build a game the Axis are somehow swapper. So your tilt is all broken. Fwd goes sideways and vice versa.
    Unless thats another bug...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Crocopede View Post
    Has anyone had any success launching to IOS or android? I keep getting errors and build failures?

Was testing with 4.7 Preview 8 - a real pity since 4.7 has a great bug fix on the tilt I'm needing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've found a bug on 4.7 Preview 8:

Cannot rename a parameter name inside a Material Function, in a material instance the parameter name that was renamed will not appear or change.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's what I did, and why i actually reported this. The CPU is chilling in both Versions between 4 and 6 ms, but the GPU is around 60ms which is quit strange if you consider the polycount is less than a half in 4.7.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AlexW88 View Post
    Hmm, I've been toying around with the foliage tool in 4.7 p8 and while the rendered polygons are dramatically reduced 10m >3.5m the Render Time and FPS are about the same, this feels quite odd.
    You should look into game/frame time. If your CPU is busy with other things, the GPU will be waiting in-between updates. Test stat game, stat unit and stat engine to find the bottleneck.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm noticing very long hangs when selecting an actor with an Instanced Static Mesh component and over 500 instances on it. At around 3k, the editor hangs for a good 30-40 seconds before responding.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm, I've been toying around with the foliage tool in 4.7 p8 and while the rendered polygons are dramatically reduced 10m >3.5m the Render Time and FPS are about the same, this feels quite odd.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Distance Field+Instanced meshes = problem In preview 8

I would like to report a problem I have with preview 8

I have a script that makes a tunnel and I use instances so I get good performance. The problem is that the Distance field AO is broken.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwH...ew?usp=sharing

also for some reason I can't upload a photo form my pc just link it....
    Last edited by Midnight640; 02-22-2015, 06:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
    The fix for this was included in Preview 5.

I'm still getting this problem in preview 8, so I started an answerhub thread.
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ance-47-p.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UE4.7R

Leave a comment:

Working...
X