X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingBadger3D View Post
    Chance,

I spoke to you about this the other day before 4.7 preview 5 was available. Im working on code for a client that needed us to use 4.7 preview code because changes made to the LOD system and instancing. Downloaded 5 different git .zips of 4.7 over two days, which none compiled. Asked others who said the same thing to me, 4.7 preview code from GIT does not compile.

Then checked your 4.7 preview thread which explained that 4.7 preview 5 build and whats on GIT isnt the same, so you should use the launcher for 4.7 preview 5. Download 4.7 Preview 5 through the launcher as is the ONLY working build available and find you don't even package the source with the 6GB download!. WTF man!.

I cant download working 4.7 preview code from GIT, The launcher version also doesnt have compile ability? WTF am i supposed to do?
    So... The Launcher is a binary only experience. The preview builds are just that, previews of a product YET to be released. My advice for you, is to grab the 4.6.1 build via launcher, if you just need binaries. Otherwise grab the stable source code here, https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE.../4.6.1-release . Also make sure you grab the associated binary dependencies and have the right tools installed for your OS/Tool of choice, as stipulated in the howto (README.md)

Tommy.
    Last edited by TommyBear; 02-09-2015, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
      What builds are you considering useless on GitHub? I'm curious to know if something is broken, as I don't believe we've seen many new issues coming from people building from source. Can you explain what you're experiencing or what you're attempting to do?
      Hi Chance, I would like to pitch in here and add that I've been posting on the VR forum about issues with the Git version as that's needed since I have some simple custom changes to the Engine as well as for the fact that I need Gear VR support. The issue I'm having is that it seems that VR support is broken not just for Gear VR which is new and in progress, but even for the Rift DK2 in general. I've been playing with the sample FPS level and the issues I'm getting are objects popping in and out due to bad occlusion culling (they don't pop if I turn it off), shadows in the wrong places for each eye, ghosting of what looks like the shadow buffer being rendered as a ghost over the left eye, and settings that completely break rendering like the right eye not rendering at all if I don't have an active shadow volume for example.

I figured I'd bring them up here but I'm sure fixes are in progress but it would be nice to get some more of the WIP fixes so we can provide real feedback on the GearVR support and get a head start on testing our projects

Edit: Also, typing exit in the "VR Preview" console causes the editor to crash not to exit preview; hitting escape works fine and brings me back to the editor
      Last edited by druidsbane; 02-09-2015, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Is UMG missing from packaged games a common issue? Been able to replicate it again Didn't happen in Preview 4 but 5... Yup
        KITATUS
        "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
          Is UMG missing from packaged games a common issue? Been able to replicate it again Didn't happen in Preview 4 but 5... Yup
          Missing how? Can you send us a project that reproduces it?

Comment

Originally posted by NickDarnell View Post
            Missing how? Can you send us a project that reproduces it?
            Sure, Let me upload to my server then I'll post it here.
            KITATUS
            "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Building from source 4.7 branch as of yesterday, whenever playing in any mode other than 'Simulate' I am seeing only the top left quarter of the viewport rendered. The rest is cut off and all black. Launcher 4.7P5 has no such issue. Anyone else seeing this with latest github build?

Comment

Originally posted by getnamo View Post
                Thanks for pointing out where the fix is in the source, however since this plugin has to work with the vanilla engine it seems I will have to disable the function for 4.7 and re-enable it when the fix is implemented. Would this be included in 4.8?

By the way, all the code to reproduce this issue is available at https://github.com/getnamo/leap-ue4, but I believe you have found the root cause correctly.
                Hey - just to let you know that this change should be making it into 4.7. :-)

Steve
                Senior Core Programmer, UE4, Epic Games UK

Comment

Hey there ,

First start of Unreal Engine 4.7 preview 5 = crash , i submited report, but now , it's fine , it's working
                  Thank
                  Last edited by ChrisTm; 02-09-2015, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MieszkoZ View Post
                    That was the only way to go to make BP-implemented BT decorators work as expected - not sure if you noticed, but it was very broken :P
                    The fact that you have only one "return" node in BP functions is, like John Alcatraz said, a generic BP thing.
                    I use many decorators and they work like I expect them to work... I have not noticed anything broken in 4.6.1?

And again, when will it be possible to have multiple return nodes in BP functions? 4.8?
                    Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                    Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

two more attempts to compule 4.7 today, Error 1 error C1189: #error : "PhysicsAsset.generated.h already included, missing '#pragma once' in PhysicsAsset.h" D:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\Inc\Engine\PhysicsAsset.generated.h 11 1 UE4
                      Error 2 error C1189: #error : "Actor.generated.h already included, missing '#pragma once' in Actor.h" D:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\Inc\Engine\Actor.generated.h 11 1 UE4
                      Error 3 error : Failed to produce item: D:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-UnrealEd.lib D:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR UE4
                      Error 4 error MSB3073: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development" exited with code 2. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 43 5 UE4

Am i really expected to just keep downloading 4.7 code from git every few hours until one compiles. 6th day today of a 2 week contract for UE code needed in 4.7 Project and can't even get a buid to work, Can someone please explain what im supposed to do?

Comment

@KingBadger
                        Hi,
                        I've downloaded from git on 6th feb UE4.7. It compiled and works for me just fine. No crashes at all.

Comment

Originally posted by KingBadger3D View Post
                          two more attempts to compule 4.7 today, Error 1 error C1189: #error : "PhysicsAsset.generated.h already included, missing '#pragma once' in PhysicsAsset.h" D:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\Inc\Engine\PhysicsAsset.generated.h 11 1 UE4
                          Error 2 error C1189: #error : "Actor.generated.h already included, missing '#pragma once' in Actor.h" D:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\Inc\Engine\Actor.generated.h 11 1 UE4
                          Error 3 error : Failed to produce item: D:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-UnrealEd.lib D:\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\ERROR UE4
                          Error 4 error MSB3073: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development" exited with code 2. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 43 5 UE4

Am i really expected to just keep downloading 4.7 code from git every few hours until one compiles. 6th day today of a 2 week contract for UE code needed in 4.7 Project and can't even get a buid to work, Can someone please explain what im supposed to do?
                          Sorry if I sound offensive, but probably you should read descriptions. First paragraph of this topic:
                          This is an early preview of the upcoming 4.7 release. This Preview is only available with the binary editor via the Epic Games Launcher. We are modifying our preview process to release earlier in the development cycle so our developer-community can help us catch issues sooner, and we will release updated previews during the development cycle. Please be aware that the preview releases are not fully quality tested, that they are still under heavy active development, and that they should be considered as unstable until the final release. Developers should not convert their projects for active development on preview releases. Please test on copies of your project instead.
                          About Github - again, you should read descriptions. 4.7 is a "master" branch of 4.7 version, it's exact same copy of "hot" version of engine that Epic use in real time right now for development. Previews(4.7 Preview 1-5) in Launcher are "snapshots" of semi-stable versions of "4.7 master" branch. I don't know why you decide to use this branch for your work, it's not designed for such usage as you're trying to do.
                          Last edited by zeOrb; 02-09-2015, 04:45 PM.
                          SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
                          Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Yep no problems compiling 4.7 here either. I'm currently on the following commit if you want to try it:
                            https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...cb9ac8619e18e6

What's the reason you can't work with the launcher 4.7P5 version anyway, you need to work on an unreleased version and with custom engine modifications too??

Comment

@ ZeOrb,

Not offensive mate. Ive seen the descriptions, but that's not the point. 4.7 Preview 5 should be very close to release code as by it's very name it's the 5th iteration with release expected within weeks. So would be a good starting point for integrating our new code into UE. As 4.7 has new LOD code and instancing code we have to use this as a dev base. We have semi working code for the client already but need 4.7 to test updated integration.I understand the 4.7 branch is basicly a master version being updated constantly, that's my point. Why do we need a master branch, a promoted master branch which can't be used for future dev tests as many things could change before that branch gets released, and a preview branch master thats constantly updated so is a lottery if will compile. Would make for more sense for coders to have the latest stable preview build available through the launcher as a downloadable preview build that isnt updated. At least then we can use that as a base for code changes and know it will compile.

Comment

My icon 4.7 disappeared from my Launch Add. I have no idea what happened.

Help me friends!

Thank's a lot!

Comment

Working...
                                X