Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is quite hard to get used to at first; But once you do, You'll understand the change. It just makes production faster, cleaner and even better for single-screen Blueprinting!

I'm sure once all the tutorial makers out there (Me included!) start making tutorials with the new UI, it'll be even easier to get used to.

It's not that it's hard to get used to, but as it's quite a big UI change; It does feel extremely overwhelming at first (Even though nothing core has actually changed!). Just give it time and you'll fall right back into the swing of things
    KITATUS
    "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

One other thing I'd like to comment on is the Cascade Colour Modules, I really want to old behaviour back where you could 'Scroll' the values up and down rather than type them in and I'd like to see that come back. Right now if you click and drag on them they are clamped from 0 to 1, which is a bit annoying. Any chance the cap can just be removed and we can freely scroll the bars around as we please?

Comment

Originally posted by sbnewsom View Post
        Has BSP Surface tools been removed purposely or is this a bug? Panning, scale, align, etc.

Andrew caught that one yesterday while using BSP. It's been reported, however, I don't have the list in front of me to give you the JIRA number.

Thanks for reporting!
        Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
        UE4 Documentation
        Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
          Not sure if this is reported yet, but if you close the 'Details' panel and then hit 'Class Defaults' or 'Class Settings', it doesn't come up again.
          Good catch! I've thrown in a JIRA for it.

Cheers,
          Michael Noland

Comment

Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
            Indeed tagging what builds and runs (or conforms to the launcher builds) in the 4.7 GitHub branch would be nice.
            The Launcher is the only way for Epic to make any money. They have been very generous in putting stuff on Github but once they have sufficient market presence I expect this will stop.

Comment

Originally posted by dinker99 View Post
              The Launcher is the only way for Epic to make any money. They have been very generous in putting stuff on Github but once they have sufficient market presence I expect this will stop.
              ??
              You pay to get access to source. So what is your point ?
              https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

When is expected final 4.7 release?

Comment

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...tor-crash.html

Can anyone confirm this? (Editor crashed when attempting to open an animation blueprint - existing ones as well as newly created ones) Happens to me even in the latest 4.7 branch commit which should be 9577d435436a1bcd94931e5aa9ca47ca381b53f3 at the time of this post.

Comment

LogBlueprint:Warning: RefreshAllNodes called on incompletly loaded blueprint 'WidgetBlueprint /Game/hud.hud'

preview 5 doesnt like umg widgets I made in preview 4 - is this something that will be resolved or should I just start over? I can confirm preview 5 likes my umg from non preview builds
                    ZOMBIE TOWN AHHH (ANDROID/STEAM) | RIDE SHARE EMPIRE (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | NEVER NOT KNIGHT (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | TWITTER | MY UE4 TUTORIALS | ANSWERHUB

Comment

Originally posted by kodmistrz View Post
                      When is expected final 4.7 release?
                      Take a look at this:

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                      As Chance mentioned here, a few weeks. In February.

Comment

Does this fix the issue of when you are painting and it wont let you paint anyhting but the entire square?
                        Interested in having someone review your game? want to do an interview on it?

This check out this website.

Working on a game as well.

Comment

The best part about this update? The fact that when you try and put a Material / Paper2D into a Material slot where it shouldn't be, it says "NOPE." in giant letters.

THIS is why Unreal Engine 4 is my engine of choice
                          KITATUS
                          "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Can't install 4.7 Preview from launcher! Just done windows reinstall. Installed the launcher, Have no projects of builds downloaded. It asked to download 4.6.1 but i don't want it, i only want the 4.7 preview 5 build, but only 4.6.1 is available. Why can't i just download the preview build? I have 4.6.1 on another drive, I never use the launcher for builds as i always build from github myself but unfortunately github 4.7 doesnt compile so forced to try the launcher version. Dont tell me i have to download 4.6.1 before i can download 4.7, that would be stupid. Any body have any ideas?

E.g Maybe some shortcut commnd to the launcher icon to force the 4.7 preview build 5 to download?
                            Last edited by KingBadger3D; 02-07-2015, 02:53 PM.

Comment

7 de Febrero 2015 UE4.7 .... Where are you !!! :P

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
                                The best part about this update? The fact that when you try and put a Material / Paper2D into a Material slot where it shouldn't be, it says "NOPE." in giant letters.
                                Really? I have to check it...

Comment

Working...
                                X