This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It is quite hard to get used to at first; But once you do, You'll understand the change. It just makes production faster, cleaner and even better for single-screen Blueprinting!

I'm sure once all the tutorial makers out there (Me included!) start making tutorials with the new UI, it'll be even easier to get used to.

It's not that it's hard to get used to, but as it's quite a big UI change; It does feel extremely overwhelming at first (Even though nothing core has actually changed!). Just give it time and you'll fall right back into the swing of things

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not sure if this is reported yet, but if you close the 'Details' panel and then hit 'Class Defaults' or 'Class Settings', it doesn't come up again.

Not too keen on the BP UI changes to far, it feels a lot 'messier' than it did before. I know we're all used to it and can find out what is where, but I'm not sure newcomers could navigate it as easily as they could before. I've been using the Engine almost a year and a half now and I'm struggling with it a bit.

Love the new icons for the Content Browser though for gameModes and suchlike!
    Last edited by TheJamsh; 02-06-2015, 07:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I already told chance/ray, loving the ui changes and overall polish going in. One of those, you thought it was good to begin with and not quite sure how they can improve, and they do

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Loving the new unified blueprint UI. Will take some mental retraining hehe, but definitely a step in the right direction!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ohhhh!!!

Thanks for small icons!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Has BSP Surface tools been removed purposely or is this a bug? Panning, scale, align, etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mikand79 View Post
    Indeed tagging what builds and runs (or conforms to the launcher builds) in the 4.7 GitHub branch would be nice.
    Agreed, I searched for a tag for preview builds and didn't find one which would make this simpler. I'm sure as the process matures they will do that... right guys?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VSZ View Post
    Tried converting my project and found some issues. Note that 'Preview 5' is the first 4.7 build I've tested.

Issue 1: Play In Standalone is broken due to blueprint compilation issues that manifest in standalone but not in the Editor or PIE mode. It also crashes with an error Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available) @ unrealtype.h:996 and the standalone logs complain that the 'Target' attribute of certain blueprint nodes are not disconnected even though they are in fact connected.

Log excerpts:
    Error The current value of the ' TargetArray ' pin is invalid: Array inputs (like 'TargetArray') must have an input wired into them (try connecting a MakeArray node).
    Error Variable node MyVariable uses an invalid target. It may depend on a node that is not connected to the execution chain, and got purged.
    Error This blueprint (self) is not a SomeGameBlueprint_C, therefore ' Target ' must have a connection.

Workaround: None.

PS: I do intend to post these in Answerhub but like most issues these are only reproducible in my project, the standard maps and Epic samples work fine. I wanted to post a brain dump of these issues here first as I'm swamped with project work right now and it takes a while to diligently gather all the information needed for raising proper bug reports for these.
    I have looked but not found a post on the AnswerHub reported yet. I have not made any progress with this as of yet. Like you said, it seems to happen in your project but not any others you've tried. If you get the time please let me know and I'll have a look at the issue to see if we can reproduce and what's happening.

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In Preview 5, I cannot add events for the main component of the SkeletalMeshActor, see screenshot. When I choose an event to add nothing happens.

edit: reported on answerhub too

http://answers.unrealengine.com/ques...ain-compo.html
    Last edited by scha; 02-06-2015, 01:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by getnamo View Post
    4.7 is giving one of my plugins issues with compilation.

Code:
    \Intermediate\Build\Win64\Inc\Plugins\LeapMotion\LeapHand.generated.h(18): error C4099: 'FMatrix' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'
    c:\program files\unreal engine\4.7\engine\source\runtime\core\public\math\Matrix.h(13) : see declaration of 'FMatrix'
    It appears that in the reflection system, forward declarations of FMatrix specify it as a structure when it is in fact a class.
    Hi,

I haven't got a repro for your particular case, but I've made what is likely going to be the correct fix so that it should be available in a future release.

If you want to apply the fix to your copy of the source, you should simply be able to add NAME_Matrix to the static array inside UStructProperty::GetCPPTypeForwardDeclaration() in Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\PropertyStruct.cpp.

Hope this helps!

Steve

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Indeed tagging what builds and runs (or conforms to the launcher builds) in the 4.7 GitHub branch would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

There is a old bug that is still relevant : UE-3638
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...sue-in-bp.html

In fact, mainly when using capsule (pawn) to capsule (10m tall * 0.5m radius) collision, Begin & end overlap event are fired at the same frames.
    I use this to create a bump when you move in the big capsule. When I have the Begin event, I apply an impulse to my pawn. I can see frequently that my pawn get multiple impulse because EndOverlap Event is fired so Begin is fired again (so a new impulse is set).

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
    Are you downloading 4.7 off of GitHub? That is not the same as the 4.7 preview 5 that we just released. The version on GitHub includes more recent commits and can cause problems due to lack of internal testing. Preview 5 is available through the launcher and I would suggest trying VR with that to see if it works.
    So why don`t you clearly mark the Previews on Github?
    Last edited by dinker99; 02-06-2015, 01:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    4.7 is giving one of my plugins issues with compilation.

Code:
    \Intermediate\Build\Win64\Inc\Plugins\LeapMotion\LeapHand.generated.h(18): error C4099: 'FMatrix' : type name first seen using 'class' now seen using 'struct'
    c:\program files\unreal engine\4.7\engine\source\runtime\core\public\math\Matrix.h(13) : see declaration of 'FMatrix'
    It appears that in the reflection system, forward declarations of FMatrix specify it as a structure when it is in fact a class.

e.g. in 4.6 this is the relevant .generated snippet

Code:
    #define LEAPMOTION_LeapHand_generated_h

#define ULeapHand_EVENTPARMS
    #define ULeapHand_RPC_WRAPPERS \
    and in 4.7 it does the following

Code:
    #define LEAPMOTION_LeapHand_generated_h

class ULeapFingerList;
    class ULeapFrame;
    class FVector;
    struct FMatrix;
    #define ULeapHand_EVENTPARMS
    #define ULeapHand_RPC_WRAPPERS \
    The problem goes away and the plugin compiles correctly if struct FMatrix is changed to class FMatrix, but this is the .generated file so this change isn't permanent.

Below is the function definition that is causing this reflection code in the context of its UClass:

Code:
    UCLASS(BlueprintType)
    class ULeapHand : public UObject
    {
    	GENERATED_UCLASS_BODY()
    public:
    	~ULeapHand();

UFUNCTION(BlueprintCallable, meta = (FriendlyName = "RotationMatrix"), Category = "Leap Hand")
    	FMatrix RotationMatrix(const class ULeapFrame *otherFrame);

};
    Which is simply a function that returns a FMatrix.

Guidance on how to proceed is appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hesham View Post
    Turns out for some reason my Oculus runtime broke. I hadn't restarted the machine so it must have been a graphics or some other update that I ran that broke it. All good now from both Preview 5 and GitHub. Thanks!
    Cheers bud, Not at any point has Epic made clear the code on github for 4.7 preview doesn't compile and that only their launcher version works. Epic fail for Devs who need to compile the code to add new code to the up coming release. # Epic mistake. Thanks for wasting 2 days of my time Epic, Appreciated

Leave a comment:

Working...
X