Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we expect a preview 5 build sometime this week?
    VFX Artist
    Portfolio: www.pietermans.com
    Blog: blog.pietermans.com | downloads | tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by Terrian View Post
      Super quick test:

~25k instances of SM_Bush, ~20M triangles.

This runs ~2fps in 4.6 and ~35fps in 4.7 (HD6970 2GB).

(I just used the foliage tool with SM_Bush, touched nothing else.)
      IMPRESSIVE!! That's some good optimization work there.
      Joseph C. - 3D Artist
      http://www.vertexhero.com/

Comment

Has the 4.7 preview been updated on github today yet to build 5?

Comment

UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 5 for 4.7! This update to the preview is a very large one and contains an additional 70 bug fixes and new features. Please view the original post on page 1 of this thread for the updated "Known Issues" list.

In addition to many fixes, Preview 5 also includes some important new features. We encourage you to test these and provide feedback.

New Features in 4.7 Preview 5

- In-level Component Editing
          - HTML5 is now included in the binary release
          - C++ Classes in Content Browser
          - Redesigned Blueprint Editor UI with "unified layout"
          - Automatic asset importing
          - Git source control support (Thanks to community member SRombauts)
          - Convert Actors to Blueprint Classes
          - New Tool-tip look and feel
          - New Asset Thumbnail look and feel
          - Ability to add "Content Packs" and "Feature Packs" to your project through Content Browser
          - Blueprint stablility (eliminated circular dependency corruption)
          - Blueprintable components (EXPERIMENTAL!)
          - Paper2D improvements to tile map support (EXPERIMENTAL!) and 2D Terrain splines.

This update also contains some important known issues which we wish to call particular attention to.

Important Known Issues in 4.7 Preview 5

UE-8819 - Physics actors are failing to Simulate
          UE-8887 - Crash in Blueprint Vehicle template in UE4.7
          UE-8875 - No audio playback in the editor
          UE-8925 - Crash occurred dragging newly converted Blueprint into level
          UE-8635 - Sample games are not working once launched onto Android
          UE-8873 - Mac Binary missing files for HTML5
          UE-8737 - Editor crashes at exit and using drop-downs on Mac
          UE-8395 - PList fails to generate on Mac

Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.7 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.
          Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 02-04-2015, 10:32 AM.
          Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Is UE-7793 fixed? Don't see it listed as fixed for preview 5?

edit: never mind
            Last edited by matseffect; 02-03-2015, 01:19 PM.
            3D Artist and World Builder On Stone Rage

Comment

Originally posted by matseffect View Post
              Is UE-7793 fixed? Don't see it listed as fixed for preview 5?

edit: never mind
              Yeah the foliage crash is fixed. We briefly missed it in the list though.
              Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

You still have not said anything about the changed decorator stuff!?
                Btw, if you continue to add new features to the preview, how will you ever be able to fix all bugs? With new features always new bugs will appear.
                Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Just converted my project from 4.6 to 4.7 and receiving an assertion failure at the following place when starting PIE:

Code:
                  void UAISystem::UnregisterBlackboardComponent(UBlackboardData& BlackboardData, UBlackboardComponent& BlackboardComp)
                  {
                  	// this is actually possible, we can end up unregistering before UBlackboardComponent cached its BrainComponent
                  	// which currently is tied to the whole process. 
                  	// @todo remove this dependency
                  	ensure(BlackboardDataToComponentsMap.FindPair(&BlackboardData, &BlackboardComp) != nullptr);
                  Note this is with github 4.7 branch (from today) built engine, not preview version from launcher.

Comment

I'm curious if 64 bit binary for IOS is working. I've tried with Preview 4 - development is working but shipping (when you upload binary to itunesconnect) won't.
                    How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

My Marketplace Assets

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                      Ability to add "Content Packs" and "Feature Packs" to your project through Content Browser
                      How exactly does one do this? I haven't downloaded the new preview build as yet, but I'll do so later tonight. Looking forward to checking it out!

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBennifer View Post
                        How exactly does one do this? I haven't downloaded the new preview build as yet, but I'll do so later tonight. Looking forward to checking it out!
                        I was wondering the same, but just found it. In the Content Browser you click the "Add New" button up at the top left and the first option is "Add Feature or Content Pack".

Right now it is only Epic content though. I would be interested to hear how we can create our own content packs if that is possible, would save me so much time. Is this currently possible?
                        Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by kamrann View Post
                          Just converted my project from 4.6 to 4.7 and receiving an assertion failure at the following place when starting PIE:

Code:
                          void UAISystem::UnregisterBlackboardComponent(UBlackboardData& BlackboardData, UBlackboardComponent& BlackboardComp)
                          {
                          	// this is actually possible, we can end up unregistering before UBlackboardComponent cached its BrainComponent
                          	// which currently is tied to the whole process. 
                          	// @todo remove this dependency
                          	ensure(BlackboardDataToComponentsMap.FindPair(&BlackboardData, &BlackboardComp) != nullptr);
                          Note this is with github 4.7 branch (from today) built engine, not preview version from launcher.
                          Hey @kamrann,

Thanks for reporting it! I'll patch it up ASAP, hopefully in time for full 4.7 release. Thanks!

--mieszko
                          Senior AI Programmer @ Epic Games by day, AI programmer at night!
                          My slow-blog on random AI thing (including UE4 AI).
                          My no longer active UE4 AI blog.

Comment

Mieszko, say something regarding the changed decorator events... Please
                            Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                            Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                              if you continue to add new features to the preview, how will you ever be able to fix all bugs? With new features always new bugs will appear.
                              We changed the plans for the 4.7 release a little bit this time. We pushed the release date for 4.7 out so that we could merge in certain features that were already in development for 4.8. The Preview 5 build is the first Preview that includes these new features. Overall this release should get more testing time than any release prior, and we're working hard to test it and squash bugs!

--Mike

Comment

I guess 4.7 will be counted as first stable release of UE4 after all.
                                Please dont release it too quickly, it has more features than other AAA engines already, but it needs more stability.
                                Most minor bugs are acceptable but at least please dont let major bugs be.
                                https://canerozdemirportfolio.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                                X