X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by RhythmScript View Post
    How do I set the editor back to the old behavior of creating new windows whenever I go to edit an asset?

I keep going up to the right to close Cascade when I'm done editing a particle system, and closing the entire project because now Cascade opens as a tab on the editor screen rather than in a new window the way BPs do.
    You can drag the tab and tear it off the main window to create a new, separate, window.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How do I set the editor back to the old behavior of creating new windows whenever I go to edit an asset?

I keep going up to the right to close Cascade when I'm done editing a particle system, and closing the entire project because now Cascade opens as a tab on the editor screen rather than in a new window the way BPs do.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    - Updated my Answer Hub post with more information on what could be causing the crash and repro steps.

4.7p6 Bug Report

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
    We're looking into this one right now. We are getting a few reports of rendering errors with VR. If anyone can provide specific details about their setup and the steps leading up to the problems, that may help us with the investigation.
    I posted above at this post. I've also posted on the VR forum, but essentially just taking the C++ FPS template and trying it out in VR Mode (or on DK2) is completely broken. Same thing on Gear VR. Different results depending on whether I enable or disable occlusion culling, fog volume, etc... I'm using latest GitHub for past few days and all of them have the same issues.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by artoculon View Post
    Can confirm, Preview 6 VR Preview is broken. See the Health Warning, but everything is black. When I press space to get rid of Health Warning, right eye goes completely dark.

Barf.
    We're looking into this one right now. We are getting a few reports of rendering errors with VR. If anyone can provide specific details about their setup and the steps leading up to the problems, that may help us with the investigation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can confirm, Preview 6 VR Preview is broken. See the Health Warning, but everything is black. When I press space to get rid of Health Warning, right eye goes completely dark.

Barf.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok thanks,

By the way, i have encounter an issue with 4.7.6, the shadows are not working properly on all movable objects, the shadows disappears and sometimes it shows only a black square on movable objects
    also is not working on "Cast Inset Shadow"
    is this issue already known?

Regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Majority View Post
    how to have self-shadowing on a bush/tree?
    can someone share a blueprint setup for foliage blueprint example?
    This would be better as a separate topic, perhaps in the Rendering forum: https://forums.unrealengine.com/foru...p?33-Rendering

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DotCam View Post
    They have mentioned there will be a Material-based forward rendering solution for translucent surfaces added in a future release. The latest version from the Master branch on GitHub has SSR for translucent surfaces implemented, which I have tested with some pretty good results already. It is likely still an early work in progress, but it looks like it is being worked on.
    I've downloaded the 4.7 preview 6 and I have tried to make a foliage test material and its looking good compared to the previous versions of UE4, it's not looking like plastic anymore
    but it needs improvement to be at same level as Cryengine is...

how to have self-shadowing on a bush/tree?
    can someone share a blueprint setup for foliage blueprint example?

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks,
    I think Cryengine is using both, with a modified version of Forward Rendering, that explains the amazing looking foliage achieved on cryengine compared to UE4
    I think Unity is also using Forward and Deferred Rendering.
    I really hope that UE4 brings more support on foliage rendering and vast terrains, that is the only reasons holding me on cryengine.

Regards
    They have mentioned there will be a Material-based forward rendering solution for translucent surfaces added in a future release. The latest version from the Master branch on GitHub has SSR for translucent surfaces implemented, which I have tested with some pretty good results already. It is likely still an early work in progress, but it looks like it is being worked on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks to community feedback, we have updated GitHub to include tags for Preview releases which match to the changelist of the binary Preview releases from the Launcher.

For example: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE....7.0-preview-6 (you must be signed in to GitHub to view)

Details here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...able-on-GitHub

Cheers!
    Nice! Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks,
    I think Cryengine is using both, with a modified version of Forward Rendering, that explains the amazing looking foliage achieved on cryengine compared to UE4
    I think Unity is also using Forward and Deferred Rendering.
    I really hope that UE4 brings more support on foliage rendering and vast terrains, that is the only reasons holding me on cryengine.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes 7nhy is right VR is broken in preview 6
    Created a new 3rdPerson project, then VR preview - and left eye was darker and some rendering was missing in the left eye
    I'm on AMD R9 200, Intel Core i7-4820K, Windows 8.1

Leave a comment:

• replied
    4.7.6 is using Forward Rendering or Deferred Rendering? or a bit of both?
    4.7.6 uses Deferred Rendering. Our rendering team looked long and hard and the quality and performance benefits of the two methods and chose based on providing the best rendering quality with the greatest amount of performance, so UE4 was built to use Deferred Rendering since its inception. We are still looking at ways to add some forward rendering elements specifically for translucency improvements into the engine but those are still in early prototype phases.
    Last edited by Lovecraft_K; 02-10-2015, 05:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi all,

Thanks to community feedback, we have updated GitHub to include tags for Preview releases which match to the changelist of the binary Preview releases from the Launcher.

For example: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE....7.0-preview-6 (you must be signed in to GitHub to view)

Details here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...able-on-GitHub

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X