X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Request!

I love the new single screen blueprint editor, but!, could we get option which would open this editor in seprate window instead of automatically docking it into main editor window ?
    I actually use this on two screen setup (coz it's awesome!), and it's kind of annoying when I have to undock each new window for new blueprint.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...usability.html

Been having some issues with cascades usability lately. 4.5's approach was much better than the current. I like the slider idea, but they would be much better and more intuitive if they behaved like Blueprint sliders, where the max value was not clamped to 1.0 if you enter a higher value.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Epic/Scrylla
    I had this issue from the 4.7 github branch too. There appears to be a bug with the 'Resolution Scale' setting (Settings button > Scalability > Engine Scalability Settings).
    Restoring it to 100% should fix the issue; I'm not sure why it would change, perhaps auto performance monitoring?

This manifests itself in two ways:
    1. In Play mode, the viewport is truncated as in Scrylla's image.
    2. In Simulate mode, the resolution appears to be reduced as intended, however selection and manipulation of the 3D widget is distorted/impossible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just got 4.7 preview 6 and it seems like something is wrong with the paper2D camera (I haven't tried anything with 3D). It seems like it only shows the upper-left quadrant and I tried this with my game and the example Paper2D side scrolling template. This is how it looks like when I tried it with a new 2D template...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having both the VR issue and a shadow issue (possibly similar to Majority), which happens without VR active. It looks like the shadow buffer isn't getting cleared or updated correctly or something and old shadows are getting pasted over my scene in places where they shouldn't be.

DK2, 0.4.4 Runtime, GTX 780.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nick Whiting View Post
    For those of you with broken VR, have you upgraded your Oculus runtimes to 0.4.4? 4.7 is built against the updated runtimes, and they're essential for it to run properly.
    Running 0.4.4 oculus runtime. I suspect most people are? Running on AMD R9 290. Not sure that helps, seems most others are having similar problems. <3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @RoyAwesome the audio is working now for me.

Split-screen is borked though. Tried a fresh 3rd person project added a second player with the "create player" blueprint node in the level blueprint. Only the last player added shows somewhat correctly. The other players it looks like object culling is reversed or something because everything disappears when you turn to look at it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Was the audio fixed in preview 6?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RhythmScript View Post
    Can it be set to do that by default? If I could remember to do that, I could just remember to close tabs instead of windows...
    Not that I am aware, but I honestly haven't had much time with 4.7 - I also keep closing the entire engine by mistake.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a very weird bug for 4.7 Preview 6. If I launch the editor and press play, the viewport becomes black. I can see my UMG UI but that's it. I can stop and play again as many times as I want and it's the same. But if I select my camera in the outliner and press play, then the 3d appears. And then it woks as usual (I can stop/play even without selecting the camera).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is there anything extra we need to download and place in the source directory to build right?
    Nope, that should be it. It appears there was a rendering regression in 4.7 recently. We'll look into it. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kenomica View Post
    You can drag the tab and tear it off the main window to create a new, separate, window.
    Can it be set to do that by default? If I could remember to do that, I could just remember to close tabs instead of windows...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nick Whiting View Post
    For those of you with broken VR, have you upgraded your Oculus runtimes to 0.4.4? 4.7 is built against the updated runtimes, and they're essential for it to run properly.
    Yup, I've been on 0.4.4 for quite some time. This breakage is also on GearVR which is where I first noticed (no 0.4.4 runtime for that) it then I figured I would try it on my DK2 and realized it was the same issue. I'm using a fresh clean build of the 4.7 branch, run Setup.bat, then GenerateProjectFIles and do a full build of Development_Editor and Development x64. Runtime is definitely 0.4.4, is there anything extra we need to download and place in the source directory to build right?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    VR broken
    New project, 3rd Person Template, low res, no starter content, VR preview, Health warning, black/dark screen with one eye worse. wait 30 second crash.
    I'm on:
    Intel Core i7-4820K @ 3.70 GHz, AMD Radeon R9 200 Series, Windows 8.1, DK2 with firmware 2.12
    edit: and 0.4.4 oculus runtime
    Last edited by jjkramhoeft; 02-11-2015, 02:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X