This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DasMatze View Post
    Since 4.7 I can't access my macros from my macro libraries anymore when working in widgets. Is this intended or a bug?
    Hi DasMatze,

Can you access new macro libraries created in 4.7? What version of the editor did you update from?
    Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
      I have this basic system in which when character shoots it checks for authority and if its client, it calls a Server RPC on weapon. This Server RPC will then call the original function that does all the firing logic. This system used to work in 4.5.1 but i think its broken in 4.7 Preview 3 and 4.8 (master branch). The thing is, Server Handle Firing event is never executed on Client. Its simply not working. I tried putting a print string for Server Handle Firing and it never appear.

In the below screenshots (4.7 Preview 3) you can see whats happening. Am i doing something wrong?

If this is a bug then i'll gladly post this on Answerhub but not sure if its a bug in 4.7.

Hi ryanjon2040,

If you could, please make a post on the answerhub with this so we can better assist you, it will be easier to keep track of what is going on with a specific page for this error. When you post it there, send me a pm so I'll know it is up.
      Last edited by Adam Davis; 01-19-2015, 05:46 PM.
      How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Elvince View Post
        Hi,

As you post a thread on delaying the 4.7 release to get it polished, could you please confirm this will get your attention for 4.7? The issue was in 4.6 and maybe ealier.

thanks,
        Hi Elvince,

This is still under assessment by the development staff. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee at this time that this will make it into 4.7 as we do not have a timeframe of when this will be completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
          Hi DasMatze,

Can you access new macro libraries created in 4.7? What version of the editor did you update from?
          As it turns out, I can indeed access new ones. I upgraded from 4.6 and always chose Actor as parent class. It worked until 4.7 where I have to create one for my blueprints (Actor as parent class) and one for my UMG widgets (UserWidget as parent class).

Comment

can we get font styling for combo-boxes please?
            ZOMBIE TOWN AHHH (ANDROID/STEAM) | RIDE SHARE EMPIRE (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | NEVER NOT KNIGHT (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | TWITTER | MY UE4 TUTORIALS | ANSWERHUB

Comment

I'm having this issue as well - if you change the text in the construct method with blueprint it sticks (yes thats a hack but I want to be working on 4.7)

Originally posted by LHutz View Post
              Is anybody having problems with UMG and textblocks?

Every time I set up a textbox and click "Compile" the contents get erased and back to the default "Text Box". Luckily this doesn't affect any older TextBlock, only new ones (In any widget).
              ZOMBIE TOWN AHHH (ANDROID/STEAM) | RIDE SHARE EMPIRE (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | NEVER NOT KNIGHT (ANDROID/GAME JAM) | TWITTER | MY UE4 TUTORIALS | ANSWERHUB

Comment

something I've been hoping would be addressed that hasn't is -

I use multiple monitors, whenever I try and drag a UE4 Editor window to a new screen - I click and drag the title bar and move it - it instantly minimized to say 100px by 50px - its mildly annoying and sometimes I lose the window and waste time

Comment

Originally posted by DasMatze View Post
                  As it turns out, I can indeed access new ones. I upgraded from 4.6 and always chose Actor as parent class. It worked until 4.7 where I have to create one for my blueprints (Actor as parent class) and one for my UMG widgets (UserWidget as parent class).
                  Is the editor giving you any errors when you attempt to open the macro library? If so what does the message say?

Comment

UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 4 for 4.7! This update to the preview contains an additional 13 bug fixes. Please view the original post on page 1 of this thread for the updated "Known Issues" list.

We would like to call out one particular known issue for Preview 4 - UE-7793 - Crash opening and using foliage

Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.7 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.
                    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Thanks! Having a longer preview cycle will give us a stable and quality release!
                      Sr. Engine Programmer @ www.playspace.com - moritzwundke.com
                      Remember: be polite and respect other peoples opinions - Join the Unofficial Unreal Discord Channel - Found a bug? Then use the Bug Report Form to get it fixed ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
                        UPDATE!

We have just released Preview 4 for 4.7! This update to the preview contains an additional 13 bug fixes. Please view the original post on page 1 of this thread for the updated "Known Issues" list.

We would like to call out one particular known issue for Preview 4 - UE-7793 - Crash opening and using foliage

Thank you for your continued help in testing the 4.7 build before its official release. As a reminder, the Preview builds are for testing only, and should not be used for the active development of your project.
                        Nice! I'm pleased with the fix for the UMG Text issue. Although there was a workaround, this makes life much easier

Comment

UPDATE!

Ohmy, I updated my project before this note and now it's not working, of course. Is it possible to download 3rd version of preview or anything to make project workable again?
                          SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
                          Level design and prototyping for newbies

Comment

Hey Stephen,

could you change the text list of the "resolved Issues" to not be crossed out? It makes it unnecessarily hard to read, since the headline already explains that they are resolved.
                            ArtStation

Comment

I'm not using any foliage (never used them) and preview 4 is crashing on opening (one of my projects) and crashing as soon as I hit simulate on another

e: rendering an instanced static mesh crashes it. one of my projects has a ISM in the level straight away, and the other generates them. even if I just add an instance in the BP components window it crashes.

So far I like 4.7 though! Seems much faster and undo seems to work better!
                              Last edited by rodstone; 01-20-2015, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
                                Is the editor giving you any errors when you attempt to open the macro library? If so what does the message say?
                                Nope, no errors. They just didn't appear anymore. Thankfully I didn't have many macros so setting up new ones was an easy task. I wish you could copy them with the in- and outputs somehow ...

About Preview 4: Thank you for the update! I hoped it made classes, actors and assets available in the data table row editor that got introduced recently at it is vital for my project.

Comment

Working...
                                X