No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.6 Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick question - can I enable the static lighting from emissive channel for meshes that are generated by a blueprint?
    Sure, the component has to have Mobility set to Static (which means it must be added in the construction script), and CastShadows enabled. Then modify the component's default properties to have Lighting->LightmassSettings->UseEmissiveForStatic lighting to be enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Stryker View Post
      Yup, I'm suffering from the same issue Chris...
      Error 3 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class FText __cdecl FKeyEvent::ToText(void)const " (?ToText@FKeyEvent@@UEBA?AVFText@@XZ) D:\Unreal Engine 4\Projects\Prototype\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\JoystickDevice.cpp.obj Prototype
      I was getting them for FKeyEvent, FInputEvent, and FAnalogInputEvent. I looked at the engine code and clearly if you look at Events.cpp, all of the ToText(...) overrides have been implemented and I noticed it doesn't fail to compile on Debug, only on Release. If I get a chance, I'll try to debug it further. Hope this helps.
      These linking errors are caused by the module not being included.

Open YourProject.Build.cs

Code:
      // Uncomment if you are using Slate UI
      // PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Slate", "SlateCore" });
      Uncomment the PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(...) line as it suggests and you should be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Gagnon View Post

Code:
        // PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Slate", "SlateCore" });
        Uncomment the PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(...) line as it suggests and you should be good to go.
        Great, that removed the need to suppress the warning and the additional functions. Will be pushing this update throughout my plugins!

That said Slate should probably include SlateCore automatically unless there is a compelling reason to not to.

Would also be nice to get guidance on adding custom files in the packaging process for plugins so we can get Launching mode to work as well as automatic packaged/shipping support (vs manual file copying after packaging) for plugins with dependencies.
        Plugins: TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense - CIM

Comment

HTML5 is not working in 4.6 version

I've road and I've done all the steps of this webpage
          but even now whenever I want to build an HTML5 project the engine just redirects me to the same webpage. I don't know what's wrong! I tried to write the question here but cause I don't have enough rep I can't do it there.
          this is my account there
          any answer or comment are welcome. or even if someone can come to me and say his version is working very well, It would be great. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
          Last edited by Goerge Carlin; 12-11-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Gagnon View Post

Code:
            Thanks Chris! As a heads up, it wasn't commented out in my plugin since I started it around 4.0.1. I had to include it with my Joystick plugin build file within my project but good to go and now I'm able to compile in 4.6. Much appreciated for the quick update.
            Last edited by MC Stryker; 12-12-2014, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goerge Carlin View Post
              I've road and I've done all the steps of this webpage
              but even now whenever I want to build an HTML5 project the engine just redirects me to the same webpage. I don't know what's wrong! I tried to write the question here but cause I don't have enough rep I can't do it there.
              this is my account there
              any answer or comment are welcome. or even if someone can come to me and say his version is working very well, It would be great. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
              Have you got emscripten 1.25 installed?

Comment

PLEASE Fix Cascade Colour modules guys I have no idea how or why this change was made!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...114#post192114

Comment

Hi,

I would like to create a flight simulator in a couple of years and 20km x 20km seem small if you want to make a big map of thousand or hundreds of km. You wrote that we can make multiple world for one world or something like that... How does it work if you don't want loading screen or low framerate?

thank you

Comment

cool this a nice game guys

Comment

Originally posted by Nic727 View Post
                      Hi,

I would like to create a flight simulator in a couple of years and 20km x 20km seem small if you want to make a big map of thousand or hundreds of km. You wrote that we can make multiple world for one world or something like that... How does it work if you don't want loading screen or low framerate?

thank you
                      Hi Nic,

You'll want to take a look at our World Composition tool that allows you to tile and stream in different levels. This will be your ideal way to handle this for large open worlds.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ser/index.html

As for Low FPS and loading screen this will be dependent upon your optimizations using level streaming, LODs, and being able to profile any hitches that come up with your development. Feel free to ask questions about these in separate forums or AnswerHub post if you have any further questions.

Thank you!

Tim
                      Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                      UE4 Documentation
                      Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Hello,

I had a quick question. Is there potential to have Frustum controls to be exposed for individual cameras? I need an orthographic camera with a 20 unit Far Clip Plane but the default camera has what seems to be an infinite Far Clip Plane and the inability to easily edit said Far Clip Plane.

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Blueprint variables now have to be marked public/editable to be accessible from other blueprints.
                            To give some background, with the new Blueprint menu system, we decided to respect a flag on variable properties named "DisableEditOnInstance". At surface level, seems like a good change, right? If someone marks a variable with "DisableEditOnInstance", it makes sense that they wouldn't want people modifying that instance variable (even through Blueprints).

Originally posted by Hourences View Post
                            Is there any reason for this change? Because it is a pretty bad change.
                            Some people were expecting that if you mark a property with "EditDefaultOnly", then Blueprints shouldn't be able to alter the instance's variable (through setter nodes, etc.). We've since decided favoring this workflow threw up too many hurdles for other users.

Originally posted by JoeWintergreen View Post
                            Seconded. Just because I want something to be accessible from other blueprints doesn't mean I want it to be accessible to the level designer or cluttering up my actor properties.
                            We've taken action to resolve the mistake and reverted to the old functionality (where we don't respect the "DisableEditOnInstance" flag at all). We made the change a little too late to get it into the first 4.6 hotfix, but it can be seen here on github: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...ed512123224bb0. We're working to get it in to the following build.

Hope this helps, and maybe gives you guys a little insight into our insanity. Sorry for the hiccup, but all will be right in the near future!

Comment

Help,

I cloned a lvl I did in 4.4 to 4.6.1 and now the gfx quality is alot worst than in 4.4... especially in particles. Now when I move around, particles emit alot stronger when I move then tone down when I stop moving, LOD seems to have changed too (like if everthing is now on the lowest quality lod. Did something obvious that I dont see changed?

How can I set gfx quality back to max?

Can it be the ambient occlusion that I use for the sun flare that is distorting my entire lvl? I am not sure where to look

Comment

Originally posted by RaidX View Post
                                Help,

I cloned a lvl I did in 4.4 to 4.6.1 and now the gfx quality is alot worst than in 4.4... especially in particles. Now when I move around, particles emit alot stronger when I move then tone down when I stop moving, LOD seems to have changed too (like if everthing is now on the lowest quality lod. Did something obvious that I dont see changed?

How can I set gfx quality back to max?

Can it be the ambient occlusion that I use for the sun flare that is distorting my entire lvl? I am not sure where to look
                                Click on the Settings button from the main toolbar then go to the Scalability Settings section and make sure you have it set to Epic. If it is set any lower you will notice a quality reduction. Hope that helps!
                                Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Working...
                                X