No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.6 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just did the update on 4.6. It still says preview. Confused.

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
      Just did the update on 4.6. It still says preview. Confused.
      Close down the launcher and re-open it, that should fix it.
      Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Thank you ^^

Comment

WOW!!! Feels like a dream come true:-) Epic you really get these updates out quick and the tutorials and documentation are awesome!!! By far this is the best and most affordable option for Indies and Pros:-) Thanks!!!

Comment

You know its awesome when it takes about 30 minutes to read all of the notes... wow! Great work.
            W3 Studios

Comment

Trying DemoRec. Is the FPS or the Shooter game ready for DemoRec?

Comment

Will the new UMG as 3d widgets work in VR? Also, I'm guessing the new skin shader hasn't been made compatible with VR yet?

Comment

Can we get some clarification on the TSubobject<> change? Should we be implementing the private with Get() Set() functions stating with 4.6 or 4.7? I see that making them private will happen in 4.6 (edit I mean 4.7) but what about the Get() Set() can/should we start using them now? Do these Getters and Setters need a certain signature? I am very glad to see the TSubs go (I never felt like I understood WTF I was doing with them), but now with the freedom comes questions
                  Last edited by JohnnyBeans78; 12-03-2014, 04:56 PM. Reason: changed a 4.6 tp a 4.7

Comment

This is extremely impressing!
                    I have now been using UE4 for 6 month and the amount of updates on a bi monthly basis is staggering.
                    The releasenotes witness to the quality and professionalism and drive of your team.

You are an inspiration!
                    Thank you

Comment

Just updated to 4.6 - get told that my UMG widgets have compile errors (didn't in 4.5.1) - so I open a widget - engine crashes.

Opening any UMG widget crashes the entire engine....Playing the game crashes the entire engine.

I subscribed for 4.6 - looks like I'm stuck with 4.5.1

Comment

Thanks Epic for another awesome release!
                        ArtStation

Comment

Hi Kenomica, please report the crash to AnswerHub so we can help. Sorry for any frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by crowl View Post
                            Hi Kenomica, please report the crash to AnswerHub so we can help. Sorry for any frustration.
                            Hi, thank you I will do that once I've tried to figure out why it's happening so i can add more information to the post (nobody wants an answerhub question saying "doesn't work.")

Apologies if my post came across as unkind or aggressive, It is very frustrating but I do appreciate all the work you guys put in, both the team working on the engine and the support team who have always been more than helpful.

Comment

This is awesome. Will there be any example projects or tutorials for the new networking tools?

Comment

Will using FeatureLevelSwitch node be fine with this? Ie use 20 shared samplers for SM5 and use 10 for SM4 (so it compiles for GL as well)?
                                No, actually feature level SM4 supports 128 just fine in D3D. It's an OpenGL limitation specifically. We may make a SamplerLimitSwitch in the future so you can use a ton of samplers but still make the material compile on GL platforms.

Comment

Working...
                                X