X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doug Wilson View Post
    Hey DaEmpty,

I'm looking into the stability issue you mentioned for the rift. Could you make a post on the AnswerHub (https://answers.unrealengine.com/index.html) to elaborate what you mean and what behavior you're experiencing with the rift and I will continue to investigate there.
    I tried for half an hour to reproduce the crash, but it's gone.
    If no one else has a problem, you should ignore it.

Comment

Can I hope for a Motion Blur working with SceneCapture2D ? What I mean is that when I capture the scene to a texture and project it as a material to a cube or plane, I do have all the effects "translated" from the camera to the material but without motion blur. It is the only thing that is not working. I am asking about this because I saw improvement in the SceneCapture2D in the 4.6 Preview version.

Comment

Browser Support - How to use it now?

Comment

A very blank preview post, lol...

"Multiple Material Improvements" - Very informative :P
          STONE RAGE
          StoneRage Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/640860/Stone_Rage/
          https://stoneragegame.com/

Comment

For those of you who haven't been able to get emissive lighting to work I made a quick youtube video. No narration, just watch my mouse cursor, I start with an empty map using only the starter content.

The two gotchas are you should switch lighting quality to "production" in the build menu and after your scene is set up you should switch view mode from "Lit" to "lighting only" and then back to "Lit". Otherwise UE4 thinks there are no light sources in your scene and will render the scene as "Unlit".

Last edited by tmek; 11-20-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

What does 'cast unification' mean? Sounds awesome, I just have no idea what it means. None. I want it. Give it to me.

Comment

What does 'cast unification' mean? Sounds awesome, I just have no idea what it means. None. I want it. Give it to me.
                I think it refers to changes in C++:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Preview-10-27

Casting between objects and interfaces is now simple. You can use Cast<> to convert between anything!

Comment

Originally posted by NickDarnell View Post
                  Pure in UE4 only implies that it has no side effects (doesn't set any values), random() and time() are both pure functions. In Slate all data bound to the UI needs to come from a const function, so the extension to blueprints mimics this by requiring the binding also be pure, otherwise very possible to break stuff.
                  Technically, random() has sideeffects unless you are initializing the RNG everytime you call it: it moves the generator forward, so it is indeed mutating state. In practice, you may consider it side-effect free since the return value is supposed to be different, but it would not be inherently thread safe.

Comment

Hi, its great to see all of the new features being developed in 4.6

What is the likelihood of P2P networking support being included in the 4.6 release cycle or near future?
                    I see it is on the UE4 roadmap under wishlist/backlog, Im interested in finding out if I should be working on my own P2P solution or if waiting for a bit would be advisable?

Cheers!

Comment

Hi,
                      I feel really stupid for having to ask this. How do you re-set the swarm agent to work with 4.6? Between upgrading to 4.6 from 4.5.1 and the latest Microsoft Tuesday event for Windows 7, I now get a message that says "Swarm agent failed to load" and the lighting build dies.

So this is getting even stranger. While I get this message, I can see that the swarm agent has in fact loaded but seems to have gone off into the exporting scene mode and never returns. On creating a new level, everything seems to work fine. So I am thinking that something must be wrong with my level. Where should I start looking?
                      Last edited by Demolition Man; 11-21-2014, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Adding this to my widget blueprint results in a crash when i try to compile it:

Comment

I just like to add here that i hope the replication bugs for physic simulation is resolved in 4.6
                          Its a real game breaker for a lot of projects and is driving me mad.

See: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...late-skel.html

Comment

Awesome release guys. I was wondering if I could get some information about a bug mentioned in the answerhub that seems to have been forgotten along the way...

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...or-overri.html

mieszko's response, thanks!

Comment

Question about Web Support, how do we build to web with 6.0 Preview?
                              Add my Skype
                              Developers and Newbies Chat Group
                              I build games for a living, But most of all I build them for my passion

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
                                Major New Features:
                                Static Lighting on Instanced Static Meshes (including Foliage)
                                Hey, anyone knows if the sample projects will be updated in tandem with new features upon release? I tried loading the landscape mountains project with 4.6 preview and the viewport was flashing/seemed garbled. I do know that some of the foliage doesn't have lightmap UVs (like the pine tree mesh) so maybe that's causing issues in light of the new static lighting feature quoted above.
                                Last edited by VSZ; 11-24-2014, 07:31 AM.

Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

Comment

Working...
                                X