Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across a really weird thing with the Output Log window. If I click on some text inside the window, it freeze the editor completely. I tested this over and over and had it docked and floating and it happens every time. I can click in the empty space in the window and I can click and drag the scroll bar, but as soon as I click on text in there, it freeze the editor.
    Ninja Arcade - UE4 - Forum Thread -- Ninja Arcade - UE4 - Demo v0.02a

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
      Other than average height and the pelvic area, the differences in skeleton shape are small and subtle, but movement can be very different.

Trying to tackle the animation through overlays isn't ideal, but can be done.

The reason why I would like to see a mesh and skeleton help promote more female meshes and animations on the Market Place. Right now the amount of Male characters on the Market Place significantly outweight the female, whilst anims are for men too.

I appreciate that it's possible to easy create your own mesh and skeleton and Epic want to promote a pro-active fan base, but many people using these tools will only use what they get with the Toolset and from the Market Place.
      We did a motion capture with a male and female actor for a recent project so I second this request. Especially the female movements are much more "elegant", so some sample content from Epic for females would definitely be good to have! It's really off-topic of course, but an important topic.

Comment

Greetings! I I don't find the master rleases or the previews version in htis page anymore: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/releases

Where did they go?

Comment

Originally posted by PLASTICA-MAN View Post
          Greetings! I I don't find the master rleases or the previews version in htis page anymore: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/releases

Where did they go?
          https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...view-snapshots

Comment

In-Game Web Browser Widget?

I found this digging through the 4.6 source. I built 4.6 (and ran the 4.6 Preview) but I can't find where the Widget is hiding in the Editor. I tried creating a new Widget Blueprint and dropping a panel on the design view then went digging around to see if I could cast it/sub-class to SWebBrowser in BP but no joy. I'm really new to Unreal so I'm a tad lost in the weeds. If this *is* the new in-game browser, can someone walk me through what I'd need to do to add it to a scene/level?

Comment

Originally posted by XilenceX View Post
              We did a motion capture with a male and female actor for a recent project so I second this request. Especially the female movements are much more "elegant", so some sample content from Epic for females would definitely be good to have! It's really off-topic of course, but an important topic.
              I'll stick a request in the 'Feedback For Epic' section

Comment

I find the context sensitive menu a bit laggy, sometimes I must accidentally click the RMB and then click the LMB to get out of it but it takes an extra second?

Also, it's a bonus that there are now more custom nodes (for example, when I use "AddRelativeRotation", it appears in the menu as custom nodes with all the possible components already built it) but you can't select the old version (the non-custom version), which I'd either have to click the context-sensitive button or use the palette.. I prefer the older way for flexibility reasons and would like the option to choose either without having to use different ways to choose it

Thanks for the hardwork guys. LOVE UE4

Comment

Is there any chance that UE4 will have lighting model as Cryengine? No precomputed lightmaps? I know it has some raw lighting model, but will you guys work on improving it to release stage?

Comment

UE4 has a LPV like CryEngine, search for "enable LPV UE4" and follow the instructions. It's disappointing you have enable it first but it works (not on OSX/mobile, mind you) and doesn't suit all situations (like CryEngines doesn't either)

Comment

Originally posted by rodstone View Post
                      UE4 has a LPV like CryEngine, search for "enable LPV UE4" and follow the instructions. It's disappointing you have enable it first but it works (not on OSX/mobile, mind you) and doesn't suit all situations (like CryEngines doesn't either)
                      Here are the instructions @Wozner:
                      https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Light_...ion_Volumes_GI
                      Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

Any news on a release date for the final version of 4.6?

Comment

Originally posted by Demolition Man View Post
                          Any news on a release date for the final version of 4.6?
                          Funny thing was just going to ask the same thing.

Comment

Yeah, I'm really wanting the networking example project that I assume is coming with 4.6

Comment

We were intending to get the 4.6 release out today, but a minor issue has delayed it. The release should still be occurring this week.
                              Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

Comment

Any word on a fix for AI movement responding to externally-induced movement such as "launch character" correctly for this release? It was flagged a few months ago but seems to have slipped through the cracks, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X