Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Just trying update my system to UE4.5.

With previews versions, I had my root motion montages Blend out time at 0.25 ( default value ), and my rootmotion was working fine.
    Now, if I let this value, it ends before its time, and this gives breaks my code. I had to change it to 0.1 to work.

This simple thing, made me spent a lot of time looking at my code to see what was not working right.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Abyssus,

This does sound reasonable since all the information does have to build. This can be tweaked by lowering the resolution that would be generated in the Build settings of the meshes but you will have lower quality shadows.

If you've not read the documentation you can read about the quality settings and performance costs here.

Thanks!

Tim

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Abyssus View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm trying in these days this new version and I like the new feature "Ray Traced Distance Field Soft Shadows". I immediately tried the "Shooter Game", enabled the new option,restarted the engine and when I reloaded it started to work. The "Building mesh Distance Fields" it took almost an hour to finish with an average consumption of 50% cpu. I want to know if it is a long process for everyone or if I have a problem, however it is worth the wait^^
    Does not sound unreasonable. Each mesh does take a bit of time to build.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello everyone, I'm trying in these days this new version and I like the new feature "Ray Traced Distance Field Soft Shadows". I immediately tried the "Shooter Game", enabled the new option,restarted the engine and when I reloaded it started to work. The "Building mesh Distance Fields" it took almost an hour to finish with an average consumption of 50% cpu. I want to know if it is a long process for everyone or if I have a problem, however it is worth the wait^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Switching over to 4.5 very soon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've been waiting for this version to subscribe and finally here it is I already subscribed and i'm now downloading it. Can't wait to start with it.
    I'm in love with ue4 since the first trailer

Thank you so much Epic!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hls333555 View Post
    Thanks very much! I rebuild the ue4 and see the es31 in the editor,and successfully launch the reflection subway on my mipad with es3.1 effects
    however,there are 2 lite issues i come across
    1.after the game launches ,the sound start first and i cannot see the graphics(which appears black screen) unless i return it too the desktop and press the game icon again.
    2.i package my own game with es31 and it crashes on my mipad,i dont know why it can run the reflection demo while cannot run my game...It seems that some projects can be packaged well and others cannot with es31.
    thanks for the info!
    Can you start a new thread/post/something with your 31 issues? Will help avoid the noise of this channel

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hot-reload, im coming for you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, it's fixed for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    its fixed now
    Originally posted by TJ Ballard View Post
    Hi guys,

For everyone having the issue where you are seeing the 4.5 Preview instead of just 4.5. Our Launcher team has been working on to correct this. Please try restarting your Launcher and let us know if it is now fixed for you or not.

Thanks,
    TJ

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DoctorPC View Post
    restart the bloody launcher...
    Yes , thank you , i restarted PC , launcher , all , nothing :/
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ChrisTm View Post
    This Don't fix my problem , Launcher don't see my Unreal Engine 4.5. Don't worry , it's not a problem , i will downloading again , i am not at home , these will take 4 hours to download 3GB :/
    Maybe something wrong in my installation , i don't know , thank you .
    restart the bloody launcher...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This Don't fix my problem , Launcher don't see my Unreal Engine 4.5. Don't worry , it's not a problem , i will downloading again , i am not at home , these will take 4 hours to download 3GB :/
    Maybe something wrong in my installation , i don't know , thank you .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New Lightmap works really well. It let you do the lightmap on multiple LODs too. I was going to report that there were bugs in 4.4 that prevent you from using lightmap with LODs, but i guess this solve the whole issue.

Question, there's this differeent min Lightmap resolutions in all LODs tab but there's also actual Lightmap Resolution in Lightmap tab.

How exactly do these values work?
    Last edited by KillerPenguin; 10-16-2014, 09:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ShadowOf047 View Post
    wow ,every thing i dreamed of is slowly becoming reality , UMG is so good ...
    Really, I was waiting for a stable UMG before I dive in, looks like the time is riped.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X