Unreal Engine 4.5 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone else had this issue yet?

if you have SSS on the player model that the player model while in VR mode the image will dip to black at times.

Comment

Hi. I got the bug as well. I managed to install 4.5 earlier but before opening or creating any project I deleted the earlier versions I had installed. Then when I tried to run 4.5 It just went to a verification process but didn't run the program. Clicking launch didn't do anything. Restarting UE4 and my computer didn't do anything either. Uninstalled 4.5 but now when I'm trying to reinstall it the latest version appearing is only 4.4.3 Do I still have to download this version to get the 4.5 or should I wait til the bug is fixed? Thanks! Can't wait to try the new features!

Comment

I think we will wait for hotfixes before switching to 4.5.
        STONE RAGE
        StoneRage Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/640860/Stone_Rage/
        https://stoneragegame.com/

Comment

Thank you for the fix.

Comment

Restarted the launcher and now see 4.5.0 instead of the preview. I wasn't sure if what I downloaded was actually 4.5 or 4.5 preview so did a verification and it seems to be fine. Thanks again.

Originally posted by TJ Ballard View Post
            Hi guys,

For everyone having the issue where you are seeing the 4.5 Preview instead of just 4.5. Our Launcher team has been working on to correct this. Please try restarting your Launcher and let us know if it is now fixed for you or not.

Thanks,
            TJ

Comment

wow ,every thing i dreamed of is slowly becoming reality , UMG is so good ...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowOf047 View Post
                wow ,every thing i dreamed of is slowly becoming reality , UMG is so good ...
                Really, I was waiting for a stable UMG before I dive in, looks like the time is riped.
                Check my working title: The Locked Room here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...he-locked-Room

Comment

New Lightmap works really well. It let you do the lightmap on multiple LODs too. I was going to report that there were bugs in 4.4 that prevent you from using lightmap with LODs, but i guess this solve the whole issue.

Question, there's this differeent min Lightmap resolutions in all LODs tab but there's also actual Lightmap Resolution in Lightmap tab.

How exactly do these values work?
                  Last edited by KillerPenguin; 10-16-2014, 09:39 PM.

Comment

This Don't fix my problem , Launcher don't see my Unreal Engine 4.5. Don't worry , it's not a problem , i will downloading again , i am not at home , these will take 4 hours to download 3GB :/
                    Maybe something wrong in my installation , i don't know , thank you .

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisTm View Post
                      This Don't fix my problem , Launcher don't see my Unreal Engine 4.5. Don't worry , it's not a problem , i will downloading again , i am not at home , these will take 4 hours to download 3GB :/
                      Maybe something wrong in my installation , i don't know , thank you .
                      restart the bloody launcher...

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorPC View Post
                        restart the bloody launcher...
                        Yes , thank you , i restarted PC , launcher , all , nothing :/
                        Thank you

Comment

its fixed now
                          Originally posted by TJ Ballard View Post
                          Hi guys,

For everyone having the issue where you are seeing the 4.5 Preview instead of just 4.5. Our Launcher team has been working on to correct this. Please try restarting your Launcher and let us know if it is now fixed for you or not.

Thanks,
                          TJ

Comment

Yes, it's fixed for me.

Comment

hot-reload, im coming for you.

Comment

Originally posted by hls333555 View Post
                                Thanks very much! I rebuild the ue4 and see the es31 in the editor,and successfully launch the reflection subway on my mipad with es3.1 effects
                                however,there are 2 lite issues i come across
                                1.after the game launches ,the sound start first and i cannot see the graphics(which appears black screen) unless i return it too the desktop and press the game icon again.
                                2.i package my own game with es31 and it crashes on my mipad,i dont know why it can run the reflection demo while cannot run my game...It seems that some projects can be packaged well and others cannot with es31.
                                thanks for the info!
                                Can you start a new thread/post/something with your 31 issues? Will help avoid the noise of this channel
                                Josh Adams | Epic Games | Platform Team Lead

Comment

Working...
                                X