No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.5 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same problem with Preview in Launcher...

Comment

Mine also says Preview, but if I open 4.5 Preview, it opens 4.5.
      Some of my new and old work

Comment

Just confirming I'm also stuck with the 4.5 preview
        TA on :
        Assassins Creed Origins
        Assassins Creed Origins: Curse of the Pharaohs
        The Division 2

Comment

4.5 preview too, my map with 4.5 down performance about 30 fps...
          Reticulas Games - Co-Founder - 3D Modeler and Techincal Artist

Aegis Down - www.aegisdown.com

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Adams View Post
            Hey there guys. Here's some more info on the 3.1 stuff.

Do to the way 3.1 support works, it needs a separately compiled executable. We are investigating a way to have ES3.1+AES support and ES2 support compiled in the same code, but for now it needs separate code.

Since we didn't want to inflate the Android library/binary download size quite yet, we did not release ES31 binaries. If you want to play with it, you will need to compile the code yourself with support for it. It is controlled by this .ini section (you should have one in your project's DefaultEngine.ini).

[/Script/AndroidRuntimeSettings.AndroidRuntimeSettings]
            bBuildForES2=true
            bBuildForES31=false

We didn't expose this in the editor since it isn't quite ready. If you have both of those set to true, it will compile 2 times for each source file. There is one final issue with it where both ES2 and ES31 will link to the same executable, as the fix for it will cause other issues (we will need to query GL support from Java before we load our C++ code, which is a bit tricky). I would highly recommend turning on es31 and turning off es2 for now.

Hope this helps!
            Josh
            Finally,i have downloaded the source code and make a whole compilation(Development Editor-Win64,Development-TegraAndroid)and change the BaseEngine.ini to make the bBuildForES31=true bBuildForES2=false and build the Development-TegraAndroid again to let it generate the es3.1.so file.Then add what you said in my projects config file.And then package DXT format.After deploying it to my k1 device,I come across a crash at the start,which never happen in my es2 build.Any steps am i missing?Thanks!

Comment

Thank You Epic.

I love this release. I'm looking for better platforming support in UE4.

Specifically, around how the Camera Blends and Animations works around a character. What I'd really like to see is this: http://ubiqvisuals.com/index.php?opt...=article&id=55 being feature-ported to UE4 - and explaining it with a sample.
              Last edited by Jeff Wilson; 10-16-2014, 01:01 PM. Reason: removed giant quote

Comment

I can't seem to download 4.5 final either; launcher is only showing 4.5 preview. I was all excited to try out 4.5. Hopefully Epic lets us in on what's going on soon.

Comment

Hi everyone,

We are aware of the 4.5 preview bug and wanted to assure you we are working towards a fix. Thank you for your continued patience.
                  Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                  How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Hi guys,

For everyone having the issue where you are seeing the 4.5 Preview instead of just 4.5. Our Launcher team has been working on to correct this. Please try restarting your Launcher and let us know if it is now fixed for you or not.

Thanks,
                    TJ

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Ballard View Post
                      Hi guys,

For everyone having the issue where you are seeing the 4.5 Preview instead of just 4.5. Our Launcher team has been working on to correct this. Please try restarting your Launcher and let us know if it is now fixed for you or not.

Thanks,
                      TJ
                      It's fixed for me after restart.

Comment

Originally posted by hls333555 View Post
                        Does this mean I have to download the source code and recompile the source code with es3.1 enabled?If so, how to configure this?Thanks again.
                        Yes, as I mentioned in my post, since we didn't release the binaries due to inflating the Android download size for everyone, right now you will have to compile the source code fully with the .ini setting enabled.

Also, there is another thing I forgot about that we had disabled to remove confusion for users. You will need to compile the ES31 target (so you would use Android_ES31, not Android_DXT).:
                        - Edit Engine/Build/JunkManifest.txt (if you have it), and remove the last line that references *ES31*
                        - In Engine/Source/Developer/DesktopPlatform/Private/PlatformInfo.cpp, uncomment the line (around 104) that references TEXT("Android_ES31")
                        - In Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Android/UEBuildAndroid.cs, uncomment the lines (around 242 and 274) that reference "Android_ES31TargetPlatform")
                        - Rebuild UnrealBuildTool and the Win64 Development Editor. Now you should see Android_ES31 in the editor where you also see Android_DXT.

I know this is a pain, we are skating a line between adding functionality early and not confusing poeple with it.
                        Josh
                        Josh Adams | Epic Games | Platform Team Lead

Comment

Same here. 8-}
                          Quinton Delpeche
                          Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

It's fixed for me. Thanks

Comment

Nice Work Epic! This is truly an amazing update!

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Adams View Post
                                Yes, as I mentioned in my post, since we didn't release the binaries due to inflating the Android download size for everyone, right now you will have to compile the source code fully with the .ini setting enabled.

Also, there is another thing I forgot about that we had disabled to remove confusion for users. You will need to compile the ES31 target (so you would use Android_ES31, not Android_DXT).:
                                - Edit Engine/Build/JunkManifest.txt (if you have it), and remove the last line that references *ES31*
                                - In Engine/Source/Developer/DesktopPlatform/Private/PlatformInfo.cpp, uncomment the line (around 104) that references TEXT("Android_ES31")
                                - In Engine/Source/Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Android/UEBuildAndroid.cs, uncomment the lines (around 242 and 274) that reference "Android_ES31TargetPlatform")
                                - Rebuild UnrealBuildTool and the Win64 Development Editor. Now you should see Android_ES31 in the editor where you also see Android_DXT.

I know this is a pain, we are skating a line between adding functionality early and not confusing poeple with it.
                                Josh
                                Thanks very much! I rebuild the ue4 and see the es31 in the editor,and successfully launch the reflection subway on my mipad with es3.1 effects
                                however,there are 2 lite issues i come across
                                1.after the game launches ,the sound start first and i cannot see the graphics(which appears black screen) unless i return it too the desktop and press the game icon again.
                                2.i package my own game with es31 and it crashes on my mipad,i dont know why it can run the reflection demo while cannot run my game...It seems that some projects can be packaged well and others cannot with es31.
                                thanks for the info!
                                Last edited by hls333555; 10-17-2014, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X