Unreal Engine 4.5 Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want more info on ES 3.1 also..
    perhaps it's related to "Target Hardware Selection" enabling all renderer features = ES 3.1 +AEP?

Comment

I am most looking forward to C++ hot reload and the new shadows! By the way, you guys have some nice download servers... capping my internet!

Comment

Awesome to see this come out in full release now, a really great update .

However a large concern I had with the preview in regards to UMG text objects, appears to have continued through to this full release.
        It seems the 'Text Block's completely ignore the 'style' settings, and are only affected by the appearance settings.
        This means that you can't just copy/paste your style across to other Text Blocks, you have to copy/paste each individual setting, which takes forever.
        Additionally when making any changes to the texts appearance you have to run an event for each thing you want to change (color, shadow color, shadow offset, etc),
        and it also means you can't change the texts font size at all because there's no available option for that in blueprint.

Is their a point to having a style option for Text Blocks, when it doesn't actually do anything, is there some setting somewhere you are meant to be able to switch it to read the style instead?

Comment

No new content in Market Place from Epic for this 4.5? No Infiltrator? Nothing?

Comment

What changed in the physics? My simulated bones are spazzing out all over the place.

Comment

The new starter artist map background of a building and surrounds does my eyes/head in, I had to remove it. Being out of focus does weird things to my head lol.

Comment

Way cool!!!!

Comment

es3.1

also want more info on es3.1 feature...

Comment

When's 4.6 coming out? Just kidding. Couldn't resist. This is so awesome! Thanks Epic.

Comment

Particle's position shift is still not fixed in 4.5.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...#answer-116735

We were waiting for this since 4.3...

Comment

I got a weird bug trying to jump+left or jump+right with my pawn close to a collision object

with pics it will be easier to explain:

The bug: http://i.imgur.com/3wY4RK3.png

A working situation: http://i.imgur.com/OgXR3Ip.png

Any explanation? http://i.imgur.com/MXw6dfz.png
                        Last edited by skeleton60; 10-15-2014, 12:39 AM.

Comment

I created a new blank project with 4.5 and no longer see Geometry sub-menu in Place mode. Searching Classes for Cone, Cylinder, etc comes up empty. Is this expected?

Comment

The staticMesh UV generation tab is missing.

Comment

Guys make copies of your projects before upgrading.

My bots are no longer hearing pawn noises and my characters hair that was simulated with bones is freaking out when it collides with the character, made the mistake of converting in place and now I can't go back to 4.4. Also I don't know if it's in my head or not, but the editor just feels sluggish.

Comment

This release is huge!

@skeleton60 : I like the way you report bugs
                                Last edited by BardicKnowledge; 10-15-2014, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X