Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for Info. I've been playing a little with Chaos enabled vehicles when i noticed arrays for thrusters & airofoils, tried thrusters (for hover vehicles) but that crashed the editor, so do we have a time scale to when these options will be added.

Thanks for a better vehicle physic
    UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
    ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

So this errror: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...with-chao.html

Also happens on a source build of the chaos branch. It seems that it's a general chaos issue. Some are having it some aren't. But it's not launcher build related.

[2020.12.27-18.27.56:447][ 0]LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
      [2020.12.27-18.27.56:448][ 0]LogWindows: Error:
      [2020.12.27-18.27.56:448][ 0]LogWindows: Error: Assertion failed: HorizonNext->Vertex == HorizonEdges[(HorizonIdx + 1) % HorizonEdges.Num()]->Vertex [File:E:\UnrealEngine-4.26-chaos\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Public\Chaos\CollisionConvexMesh.h] [Line: 943]

Comment

I have tested the 4.26 chaos from the launcher a lot. It seems to be working great. Put it into 4.26.0. My opinion.

Comment

Chaos is ignoring the global gravity override, objects fall at the same rate whether gravity is set to 0 or -1 billion. So it isn't possible to do zero-g simulations. Movement components still obey world gravity, so I know the problem is just chaos. Is this not quite at feature parity or is there another place to modify global z gravity?
          Dev Blog http://www.error454.com

Comment

Downloading now, I explicitely want to test ragdoll physics and check if things have improved in terms of stability there.
            I hope for no more odd constraint violoations flipflaps, maybe a self-trap check for constraints. More stable simulations on irregular frametimes, as a user before me noted, a better simulation when time dliation is present, better performance when several complex ragdolls are active, aaand so on.

Edit: Ok tested it very briefly by simply porting one of my ragdolls over and doing some simulations in the phat editor and the main viewport. There are several issues that I cant get into more detail because I tested it over a remote desktop connection and it was fairly laggy but I compared in that same session also the ragdols from my original project and even through the remote desktop the results were worlds apart. When im back home and have access to a proper machine for testing Ill get you some more info. But right now things have drastically changed for the worse in terms of certain ragdoll behaviors. Hopefully it gets solved even before I get back to testing it better in the next year.
            Last edited by Adeptus; 12-29-2020, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Is there any way to install an engine/code plugin to this version? Plugin from the marketplace. I would like to try out one of my projects with chaos physics but the project is using a plugin, and I'm not sure how to install a plugin to this version.

Comment

Originally posted by Earon1 View Post
                Is there any way to install an engine/code plugin to this version? Plugin from the marketplace. I would like to try out one of my projects with chaos physics but the project is using a plugin, and I'm not sure how to install a plugin to this version.
                If 4.26 installed also (non chaos) you could download the plugin on 4.26 then go into your plugins/marketplace directory and copy that into a plugins directory in your project. You'd likely need to delete the binaries and intermediate folders in those plugins directories to force them to compile for the 4.26-chaos build. But I think that would work.

Comment

It is very slow,when I open a cloth in chaos version.it's about 30K triangles in this cloth.
                  In nvcloth version,it takes about 5 seconds,and in chaos version,it takes about 10 minutes.
                  Is it designed to like this,or it's a bug?
                  If you can't reproduce this issue,I can upload a project.

Comment

Originally posted by J.C. Smith View Post

If 4.26 installed also (non chaos) you could download the plugin on 4.26 then go into your plugins/marketplace directory and copy that into a plugins directory in your project. You'd likely need to delete the binaries and intermediate folders in those plugins directories to force them to compile for the 4.26-chaos build. But I think that would work.
                    Thanks, you are right, you could use the version from 4.26 non chaos, except I needed to recompile the plugin manually. I did it based on this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtfLfYY_k2Y).

Thanks again

Comment

Is anyone else having an issue with debuging rigid bodies with the gc debug draw actor? Nothing in the rigid body settings shows for some reason.

Comment

The Chaos system has huge huge potential and could be a game changer for game phyisics. However Its been almost 2 years since the impressive GDC 2019 Demo and we have not heard much since. Is Chaos still planned to be a core system in Unreal Engine?

Does Chaos plan to have support for glass and wood?

Also I noticed in a slide from GDC that image based fracture is going to be supported is this still the case?

It would be fantasic if we could get a livestream (or even just a blog post) to show the progress of Chaos, what features are coming and an eta of those features?

Thank You.

Comment

I upgraded a copy of my project (which is very physics orientated - hence why I am keen to test Chaos!) and none of my physics constraints seem to be working. Is there something specific I need to do? Change them to something Chaos specific?

Comment

So I have two different types of physics constraints in my game:

1) Where all the limits are locked in all axis and unbreakable - these work fine in 4.26 Chaos build.

2) Where the constraints are limited to swing in different axes - these are are just unusable as is in 4.26 Chaos.

For number 2) I am using identical values to my previous PhysX build (which works perfectly fine), but in the 4.26 Chaos build all the members are super fragile and jittery and just touching them will break them and fly away. I've tried tweaking everything I can think of (strengths, break thresholds, masses etc.) but nothing seems to work.

Anyone have any recommendations?
                            Last edited by fuzzywobs; 01-14-2021, 02:07 PM. Reason: Clarifying wording

Comment

Originally posted by Zuriel- View Post
                              with chaos to any plan to add a fixed update thread like the unity fixedupdate?
                              There are plans for this, but since it's a work in progress, we don't have additional details to share just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by xermao View Post
                                It is very slow,when I open a cloth in chaos version.it's about 30K triangles in this cloth.
                                In nvcloth version,it takes about 5 seconds,and in chaos version,it takes about 10 minutes.
                                Is it designed to like this,or it's a bug?
                                If you can't reproduce this issue,I can upload a project.
                                Hey xermao, that doesn't sound right. Would you mind completing a bug report, so our team can take a look at your project file?

Comment

Working...
                                X