Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there's one thing that drove me away from Unity's asset store is the fact that people expect you to integrate your "plugin" with some other 500 thirdparty products also sold on asset store.

To me that's insane even for those that work there 24/7 as asset seller.
    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

@Sam_TinFoil Could you, or the person who is responsible for the SkyAtmosphere for spherical planets, please remove the hardcoded clamp on both the "Ground Radius" and the "Atmosphere Height", in the next 4.26 update?

Click image for larger version

Name:	SkyAtmosphere-clamp.jpg
Views:	1210
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1847757

It doesn't go lower than 0,1 because of the hardcoded clamp, thus making it impossible to use the SkyAtmosphere for small worlds or even just to experiment with it. Please give us the creative freedom to set our own values, we can handle that it may throw weird results.

Removing the clamp should be easy, as it's just changing a single line of code, right?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

There is a bug in fullbodyik,it doesn't work with fingers

https://imgur.com/oxK1ehW

Comment

I'm getting this strange error when running a packaged game.
          Code:
          LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 1431]
          Null SRV (resource 0 bind 0) on UB Layout None
          Any idea what that might be?

UE 4.26 built from source, Release branch. Happens only with DX11, is fine with DX12. I have a Hierarchical Instanced Static Mesh Component in the level. When removed, everything works fine.
          Last edited by sukovf; 01-03-2021, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Legend286 View Post
            Imported ASCII FBX files come in with no uvs Hope someone fixes this!

Also no shadows when using forward renderer, no matter what settings I use
            I had the same problem with FBX files exported from trueSpace. The problem was that Autodesk made the 2020 FBX format more strict, so if there is something in the file it doesn't like, like UV indices, then it will completely ignore that part of the file. One thing that fixed it for me was to triangulate the model before exporting, this made the bad UV indices good enough for the 2020 FBX importer.
            The strict mode for import can be turned off.
            https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fbx-f...1/td-p/9740031

but that would be up to Epic whether they would want to disable strict mode or not.

Comment

Originally posted by sukovf View Post
              Code:

UE 4.26 built from source, Release branch. Happens only with DX11, it's fine with DX12. I have a Hierarchical Instanced Static Mesh Component in the level. When removed, everything works fine.
              I have one confirmed case of the same bug.

Comment

DanH71
                Thanks for reporting the name bug.
                By default, a very minimal set of properties are shown to enable quick tweaking, e.g. color/intensity.
                You can use the dropdown at the bottom to switch between different modes.
                Docs: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...xer/index.html

Mittens
                Thanks!
                Yes: cloud rendering for multiple views could not be fixed in time for 4.26 unfortunately.
                Bottom of layer broken: yes there is a todo to fix that. Current workaround is to extent the start of the cloud layer to the ground (more expensive to render)

spacegojira
                Those heights have been lowered to 0.1=100meters previously. Lower values can result in visual artifact being more easily visible due to look up tables and thresholds (some can already be visible sometimes at 0.1). It would need more digging and priority for this is low now.
                This is already very small and the start up area of the default level is relatively large on such a planet already:

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	966
Size:	682.6 KB
ID:	1848900

Comment

Originally posted by clintonman View Post

I had the same problem with FBX files exported from trueSpace.
                  Holy sh*t Truespace still exists? And someone here is actually using it?! Cool.

Comment

LOL, this TrueSpace thing isn't updated for 11 years already. I wouldn't expect modern software and FBX importers to work with it

TrueSpace was a commercial 3D computer graphics and animation software developed by Caligari Corporation, bought-out by Microsoft. As of May 2009, it was officially discontinued, but with some 'unofficial support' up to February 2010

Comment

I got a weird issue with UMG widget since I updated to 4.26 (I was in 4.24 before),
                      when I have a userWidget child of a another one, if I go the the child widget and modify it, the widget won't update correctly in the editor, it's stay the same.
                      I have to manually delete it and re-add it to see it updated.

anyone encounter this issue ? I can't find a bug tracker ticket for that.
                      thanks for the help

Comment

A new optional plugin called Asset Search that indexes different asset types and stores an indexed set of searchable data in a local SQLite database. This plugin complements the Content Browser search by adding the ability to search for tags and phrases that appear on any asset in the project. In addition, it can be extended to support new asset types in your project or plugin.
                        Is it intentional that the Asset Search plugin excludes asset metadata? I hope not, since it seems kind of counterintuitive for its purpose. I tried adding metadata to various Content Browser assets. While the new tags show on Asset Actions->Show Metadata, the plugin's queries don't list any them at all. Tested on 4.26Chaos, adding metadata tags through the Set Metadata Tag blutility function.

Comment

Originally posted by sukovf View Post
                          Code:

UE 4.26 built from source, Release branch. Happens only with DX11, is fine with DX12. I have a Hierarchical Instanced Static Mesh Component in the level. When removed, everything works fine.
                          I'm currently evaluating UE4 4.26 before migrating our project.
                          Currently, Cannot reproduce this on completely new project. There seem to be more about this crash.
                          Could you provide more detail?

Comment

Originally posted by BoBosan View Post

I'm currently evaluating UE4 4.26 before migrating our project.
                            Currently, Cannot reproduce this on completely new project. There seem to be more about this crash.
                            Could you provide more detail?
                            Sure:
                            1) Create a new project (BP or C++ based, it doesn't matter) with ray tracing enabled
                            2) Create an AActor-based actor, add an HISM component to it and add a single instance in the Begin Play event
                            3) Place an instance of that actor into an empty level
                            4) Package the project with the Shipping configuration
                            5) Run it in the DX11 mode and there you go - crash

This happens in the engine built from the source. Maybe the launcher version is OK, didn't test that.
                            Last edited by sukovf; 01-06-2021, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleg Mazunin View Post

Hi!
                              I already used take recorder blueprint functions in 4.25 for my virtual production plugin in player controller blueprint and other blueprints. And now I should create node in Editor utility blueprint and copy/past it to player controller?
                              Because of the exposed BP Take Recorded API, in 4.25 it was effortless to record at runtime [in VR], and now in 4.26, it's not possible Why this decision, please?
                              Freelance C++ developer and consultant: https://alexhajdu.github.io

Comment

Name:	image_210890.png
Views:	1485
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	1849748
                                Originally posted by Oleg Mazunin View Post

Hi!
                                I already used take recorder blueprint functions in 4.25 for my virtual production plugin in player controller blueprint and other blueprints. And now I should create node in Editor utility blueprint and copy/past it to player controller?
                                I've tried to copy the nodes from 4.25 into 4.26 and it works just fine.(Level BP) I think they will bring the nodes back, because I don't see a reason why they should be editor widget bp only nodes.
                                Freelance C++ developer and consultant: https://alexhajdu.github.io

Comment

Working...
                                X