• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about new update ?

Comment

Originally posted by Farshid View Post
      what about new update ?
      There are quite a number of fixes that have been committed to the 4.26 branch. Once Epic gets back from Christmas vacation, I'm sure we'll get a new version.
      "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
      -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

Comment

Would love to try chaos editor in main branch if possible at some point. Using physX vehicles (blueman's plugin which is perfect), but not sure if its possible to get it working with chaos physics. Ideally would have chaos damage for buildings (hoping it would be possible to bring chaos damage collections during runtime for wanted location in open world sandbox) and physX (blueman's plugin) for vehicles.
        Last edited by SaOk; 12-25-2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Is anyone having an issue with widgets?

so i will try to explain this the best i can.

how to reproduce:

1) Make a main widget, add cool stuff.
          2) Make a Nest widget add cool stuff to it too.
          3) put the nest widget inside the main widget
          4) Edit the Nest widget.

once you edit the nest widget the changes are NOT updated in the main widget even if you delete it from the main widget and re add it back.
          It seems like the widget is no longer updating its self and its references.

Also noticed a bug with terrain. same problem sort of.

how to reproduce

1) make a level
          2) import tiled terrain
          3) decide you don't like the new terrain
          4) delete the new tiles save and close.
          5) re open the map

All the tiles are still listed as sublevels even if the folders and maps are deleted. they can even be loaded up??? seems like they are also not being deleted from memory or their refferences are staying in memory. even deleting intermediate and saved folders terrain is still there.

I'm wondering if garbage collection is broken maybe?
          none of the assets are updating anymore.

VictorLerp
          Last edited by frostic; 12-26-2020, 02:26 PM.
          Matt Walton: Programmer and owner of WireLiteSoft Games.

[Streaming Terrains][WireLiteSoft.us]

Comment

Originally posted by EddieChristian View Post
            When I enable Layer Editing on an pre-existing Terrain the texture streaming budget goes way up and Building doesn't correct it.
            What fixed it for me is after building lights etc close your project and delete the saved/intermediate and dirived data folders, reload and budget errors go away

Comment

Originally posted by SaOk View Post
              Would love to try chaos editor in main branch if possible at some point. Using physX vehicles (blueman's plugin which is perfect), but not sure if its possible to get it working with chaos physics. Ideally would have chaos damage for buildings (hoping it would be possible to bring chaos damage collections during runtime for wanted location in open world sandbox) and physX (blueman's plugin) for vehicles.
              It's not possible to have 2 physics systems working at the same time. In Unreal you can't even have both compiled at the same time
              PhysX gonna be fully deprecated and forgotten with the next engine release.

Simply contact the plugin's author if he's gonna provide a Chaos version of his plugin. Or simply learn how to implement vehicles based on Chaos, I heard is much better out of the box. Often, it isn't the best idea to heavily rely on third-party plugins for gameplay - you're simply unable to adjust the implementation to your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by SaOk View Post
                Using physX vehicles (blueman's plugin which is perfect), but not sure if its possible to get it working with chaos physics.
                Originally posted by Moth Doctor View Post
                Often, it isn't the best idea to heavily rely on third-party plugins for gameplay - you're simply unable to adjust the implementation to your needs.
                ^ This ^

Epic like Plugins because they add-to / increase the value of Blueprints overall.
                That means Epic themselves have less work to do exposing more functionality.
                But Blueman dropped hints before about not having time for the MP (others too).
                So always read marketplace comments or note the # of unanswered questions.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                What are the BEST Unreal Tutorials / Docs? There are none tbh... Here's why
                Instead its better to just take projects apart (see the free 'creators' listed here)

Comment

Has anyone figured out what causes this when Chaos is enabled?

[2020.12.27-18.27.56:447][ 0]LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
                  [2020.12.27-18.27.56:448][ 0]LogWindows: Error:
                  [2020.12.27-18.27.56:448][ 0]LogWindows: Error: Assertion failed: HorizonNext->Vertex == HorizonEdges[(HorizonIdx + 1) % HorizonEdges.Num()]->Vertex [File:E:\UnrealEngine-4.26-chaos\Engine\Source\Runtime\Experimental\Chaos\Public\Chaos\CollisionConvexMesh.h] [Line: 943]

A bunch of us haven't even been able to get their projects to load when chaos is enabled with this error and I've yet to see a comment on it. Sent in a bug report as well. Was curious if anyone had found a workaround, as it doesn't seem to be happening to everyone but it's happening to some was an AnswerHub thread on it to with a numerous people in there having it.

Comment

Often, it isn't the best idea to heavily rely on third-party plugins for gameplay - you're simply unable to adjust the implementation to your needs.
                    Just wanted to note that so long as you move them into your local plugins directory instead of the Engine/Marketplace you can customize them, though you'd have to manually merge in any changes if you ever update the plugin.

Comment

Hundreds of projects shipped to all major platforms using my plugins. There's PS5 projects using them as well, soon to be released...

I thought I was doing a good thing, didn't know that "plugins are a bad thing to use".

Maybe I should pick another hobby like building diorama and trains.
                      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Really enjoying the water system but had a couple issues:

1. Anyone else struggling to get water to show when toggling "Affects Landscape" off? I'm assuming the actor isn't using the correct height but can't seems to figure out why.

"Affects Landscape: off shows some type of dark rendering but it's not geometry and disappears at certain angles:

2. Is there a way to check if the Water Manager is referencing the landscape correctly? Sometimes it auto-updates, sometimes it seems broken, sometimes only some maps generate i.e.
                        Last edited by JiggyWatt; 12-27-2020, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Has anyone had any luck reporting bugs? I've reported one on December 6 and have not heard back since.
                          MMO Starter Kit
                          Dialogue Plugin
                          Voxel Plugin
                          Character Customization: Female
                          Character Customization: Male

Comment

Water is not rendering even if you have selected enable edit layers when importing terrain.

You can see I got 64 tiles of terrain, An ocean added to the level

it shows a water layer in terrain properties, I can edit terrain layers but the water will NOT render at all.

I have tried everything I can think of....STILL NIL

sky and everything else is working and is super amazing!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_16.png Views:	0 Size:	653.8 KB ID:	1847037

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_17.png Views:	0 Size:	157.4 KB ID:	1847038

VictorLerp
                            Last edited by frostic; 12-28-2020, 02:19 AM.

Comment

It's not possible to have 2 physics systems working at the same time. In Unreal you can't even have both compiled at the same time
                              PhysX gonna be fully deprecated and forgotten with the next engine release.
                              Does someone know what happens to cloth simulations, will they break or will be upgraded during the project transition into 4.26?
                              [LEGENDS of EPICA]

Comment

Anyone know how NOT to have this text display on the screen for LOD and Screen Size?
                                Comes on when a Groom with physics is imported to scene.
                                This text shows when level is Played as well.
                                THX!

Comment

Working...
                                X