Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to increase the granularity of the voxels for the new clouds? At realistic earth scale it's probably fine, but I am using a thin cloud layer on a very small radius planet and the definition I can achieve seems to be limited by the size a kind of voxel grid or something. I can't find how to change it's scale

Comment

Has there been anyone with game startup crashes after packaging since 4.26? Can't find all that much on this particular assertion (works fine in editor):
      Assertion failed: UniformExpressionCache.bUpToDate [File:4_26_0/Engine/Source/Runtime/Renderer/Private/ShaderBaseClasses.cpp] [Line: 350] UniformExpressionCache should be up to date, RenderProxy=MaterialInstanceDynamic_2 Material=Volumetric_Clouds FeatureLevel=3
      Last edited by Mavmat; 12-14-2020, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shivmoo View Post
        Is the new "Remote control web interface" plugin missing from this release? I have just updated, following the tutorial here ->

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ion/index.html

and the plugin is not visible to me.
        The Remote Control Web Interface is a plugin, that's now live on Marketplace. You can find it here and we'll be updating the documentation to point towards it shortly. Thanks for calling it to our attention!

Comment

It's not in the changelog, but they've finally added a standard female mannquin for characters:

Code:
          ./TemplateResources/High/Mannequin/Content/Character/Mesh/SK_Mannequin_Female.uasset
          Anyone know how to import it? It seems most of the stuff in TemplateResources is supposed to be added through the add/import featurepack button, but it isn't listed within there. Just manually copying everything from ./TemplateResources/High/ to the project pulls it in, but all the materials are messed up (I think everything is supposed to get flattened to a different directory level and combined with master materials from TemplateResources/Standard or something).

Since it isn't linked anywhere and isn't included in any of the default example projects it may still be work-in-progress, so I wouldn't do anything relying too strongly on the exact proportions and hierarchy yet (though hopefully the hierarchy would match the current default male mannequin).
          Last edited by muchcharles; 12-14-2020, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Imported ASCII FBX files come in with no uvs Hope someone fixes this!

Also no shadows when using forward renderer, no matter what settings I use
            Last edited by Legend286; 12-15-2020, 03:06 PM.

Comment

The release notes link (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/..._26/index.html) is broken at the moment (it opens a page title "Sky Light - An overview of using Sky Lights with environment and scene lighting." with many broken images). Other working links to the release notes?

Comment

Originally posted by Kafumanto View Post
                The release notes link (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/..._26/index.html) is broken at the moment (it opens a page title "Sky Light - An overview of using Sky Lights with environment and scene lighting." with many broken images). Other working links to the release notes?
                Apologies for that. We had a glitch in l docs tool that replaced the release notes with the Sky Light page, which I was also making a change to. This issue should be resolved soon and the original page restored.
                Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
                UE4 Documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post

Apologies for that. We had a glitch in l docs tool that replaced the release notes with the Sky Light page, which I was also making a change to. This issue should be resolved soon and the original page restored.
                  It works now. Thanks a lot Tim!

Comment

I have some feedback that I'm looking for others with the same issues regarding;

1. I have a C++/BP project that was originally created in 4.24
                    2. This project was converted to 4.26 using the launcher rebuild process
                    3. I have many water bodies in my existing build, which have been removed and replaced with the new "experimental" water in 4.26

My issues are many

1. Water bodies have a set z-axis unless edited in their material instance
                    2. Rivers act strangely (step down like stairs instead of being a sloped river from lake height to ocean height)
                    3. River does not blend into ocean
                    4. River has no flow direction even though first spline point is at lake height, and last is at ocean height.

Does anyone else have experience rebuilding an older project to 4.26 and using the new experimental water in it successfully? I don't seem to have these issues when starting an empty project. Should I start over new to take advantage of these new features?

Comment

Originally posted by tensioncore View Post
                      I have some feedback that I'm looking for others with the same issues regarding;

1. Water bodies have a set z-axis unless edited in their material instance

Does anyone else have experience rebuilding an older project to 4.26 and using the new experimental water in it successfully? I don't seem to have these issues when starting an empty project. Should I start over new to take advantage of these new features?
                      If you use the water body ocean watch the YT mini tutorial to attach it to a landscape as a layer. Otherwise go with water body custom.

Comment

Could you please, in the next update, remove the hardcoded limit in the sky-atmosphere for the spherical fog? It has been reduced to 0.1 but we still can't go lower than that, so we still have an arbitrary limit to how small we can make the planets with the sky-atmosphere.

Please remove the hardcoded limit and let us have creative freedom with it, we can handle it if we break it or get weird visual results because of that.

Comment

FK Control Rig in sequencer disables Morph targets
                          When I try to add an FK Conrol Rig in sequencer on top of my animated head with Morph Targets, putting it in additive mode keeps only bones animation and morphs stop working, tweaking the value doesn't do a thing. If I put to absolete mode, then I can change values and they work. Is it a bug or something else needs to be done?
                          *I don't want to bake the animation to the Control Rig since it's around 4000 frames, and I just want to add few head rotations.
                          Thanks

Comment

Widget reflector is broken. If you scroll the panel, the list view just shows blank entries.
                            Last edited by TheJamsh; 12-17-2020, 07:04 AM.

Comment

For the agents of Chaos in here, test out Chaos without compiling from source!

If you’ve been itching to give the Chaos Physics and Destruction System a try, without needing to compile source, now you can—head to the Epic Games launcher and install Unreal Engine 4.26-Chaos Preview from the list of available versions in the install dropdown. In this binary build, Chaos replaces PhysX for all physics simulations, including cloth, vehicles, and destruction.

Note: 4.26-Chaos can be found at the bottom of the dropdown.

If you give a shot, please help us make the system the best it can be by filing bugs and sharing your feedback. Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by Mavmat View Post
                                Has there been anyone with game startup crashes after packaging since 4.26? Can't find all that much on this particular assertion (works fine in editor):
                                Same thing for me. I have Volumetric Clouds with Ultra Dynamic Sky plugin. Work fine in Editor but crash in package

Comment

Working...
                                X