Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today after reloading the project I first had to activate the landscape tool in order to see painted grass meshes. Prior to 4.25.4 these landscape painted layer meshes were loading without activation of the landscape tool. First time this happened.
    [LEGENDS of EPICA Now on Steam] [Twitter] - [Discord]

Comment

terrible BUG all BP with Delay crash

Comment

Is
        Code:
        UE-96653 Unique build environment frequently rebuilds all
        fixed in commit 1af546817886bf3ae6136d6f2c9829a66c5a6752?

Comment

By reading comments I am afraid trying the update at all. :-) Do you could handle all your problems simply with small changes?
          @催眠的鱼: Still crashing?

Originally posted by FloreV View Post
          After updating to this version my vehicle physics are completely broken... What has changed regarding physics or raycasting?
          You go it fixed? I use physics also.

@moody.by.name
          Did you get improved project loading time or still waiting minues?
          Last edited by TheFlow3k; 10-24-2020, 08:09 PM.
          Next Game: Regain Earth: First Strike - A co-op multiplayer Action Shooter Game. Website TwitterYouTube RedditSteam

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlow3k View Post
            By reading comments I am afraid trying the update at all. :-) Do you could handle all your problems simply with small changes?
            @催眠的鱼: Still crashing?

You go it fixed? I use physics also.

@moody.by.name
            Did you get improved project loading time or still waiting minues?
            @TheFlow3k yeah.I did some simple tests.make out that In ChildBP,tick→delay Doesn't work
            Maybe the reason is path can not having Chinese characters

Comment

Updating to 4.25.4 has rendered my project basically useless. As soon as a Blueprint/Widget of any kind is opened, the engine crashes with this error:
              Code:
              Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000038
              I tried debugging the build with Visual Studio and the crash seems to be caused by a 'read access violation' in WidgetBlueprint.cpp (line 969) Screenshot

To anyone thinking of updating to 4.25.4 I would hold off if your project is of decent complexity as there seems to be some unknown incompatibilities with certain peoples projects.

Comment

A moment of silence and gratitude for all the comrades who updated and came here to report on their crashes/issues. I will hold off for now until I have everything backed up properly.

I am working on a physics based game so reading dodgy physics gave me quite a scare.

Comment

One more issue I discovered is a very concerning one. I am finding randomly disconnected parameters across some of my materials. It's really hard to report this due to how random it is though

Does anyone know if there is any way to downgrade back to 4.25.3? As soon as new hotfix version appears in the launcher, the previous one disappears
                  Last edited by Rawalanche; 10-26-2020, 12:20 PM.
                  https://www.artstation.com/artist/rawalanche

Comment

Originally posted by Rawalanche View Post
                    One more issue I discovered is a very concerning one. I am finding randomly disconnected parameters across some of my materials. It's really hard to report this due to how random it is though

Does anyone know if there is any way to downgrade back to 4.25.3? As soon as new hotfix version appears in the launcher, the previous one disappears
                    The only way to downgrade AFAIK is to Build older versions of the engine from source. Epic have older version repo's on their GitHub page which you can download and Build with Visual Studio. If you are using any Plugins from the Marketplace though, you will not be able to associate those with the source build, which was the deal breaker for me... (There probably is a way to get Plugins working with source builds but its ridiculous to have to go through all of these steps just to downgrade).

Comment

do not update to 4.25.4. My project has totally broken down, the connections between interfaces, blueprint and widgets work very badly. Some parts of the code works and some parts don't, and I just don't have any errors so it's impossible to debug it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy Games View Post
                        If you are using any Plugins from the Marketplace though, you will not be able to associate those with the source build, which was the deal breaker for me.
                        I use Marketplace plugins with any version as long as they come with source code. Just have to recompile plugin for your source build using MSVC, if plugin can't be rebuilt upon loading your project.

Comment

Thanks everyone for letting us know about your issues - we take hotfix regressions seriously and have informed the relevant teams.

Comment

As Victor mentioned, we've shared your responses with our teams, but it would also be helpful if you could provide bug reports with detailed notes to help our teams monitor and track down solutions. That is, if you haven't already - thanks all!

Comment

VictorLerp Amanda.Schade Thanks for hearing us! If needed, I am more than happy to help with testing regarding this bug (I have a good example of the kind of project that is broken by the hotfix (I have filed a bug report and provided my project there also)) Let me know if I can help.

For what it's worth, I debugged the crash with Visual Studio and it shows the crash being a result of a Read Access Violation in 'WidgetBlueprint.cpp'.
                              Screenshot
                              Last edited by Hardy Games; 10-27-2020, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Hello dear developers! Good work in total, but also please improve performance of editor, because in growing project, editor become slowest and heat (reference: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...7318/view.html)

Comment

Working...
                                X