Unreal Engine 4.26 Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    When I render Pro Res I just get a black screen render. I can even see my sequence in the window that pops up slowly being rendered. But the file itself is just black when i throw it in premiere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there anyway to increase the max amount of lights for gpu lightmass?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i know its released now but where else can i put this minor grumble....?

nice to have all the sunsky systems in one popup in the Enviro Light Mixer but half of the parameters seemed to be missing from each of the skylight/directional light and SkyAtmosphere?

also each section of the light mixer should have the sunsky systems being named as they should be a.ka. Skylight , Directional Light, SkyAtmosphere..If you try renaming one it renames all..
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Congrats on the release! The skylight still seems to be broken with raytracing. At least with my project... Unless there is a new setting im missing. Im just not getting much occlusion/shadows in my scene anymore. Not the same as I was in 4.25.

Interestingly, while the scene is compiling shaders im getting the correct amount of shadows. But once it completes compiling the light goes back to being blown out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you Epic !!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Congrats on the release! I still have an issue with Volumetric Clouds only rendering in one eye in VR.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Release!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Vallamost View Post
    Is there documentation somewhere for using the new water body actors? When I drag the ocean body into the scene and assign a material to it I don't see anything..

Found this for now - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE9jZbhI3Xg
    Sorry, not sure if I'm reading your post wrong, but are you saying it works with the default water material and not a new one you are trying to assign it, or is it that it doesn't work at all. Because if you drag it straight from the content browser it shouldn't need a material to be assigned.

Without knowing more about your specific situation, the only other things I can suggest for now are to make sure you also enabled Landmass and your landscape has "Enable Edit Layers" checked. Did you happen to place the ocean BP in the scene before the landscape? If that were the case, the WaterBrushManager would not be automatically created and connected to the landscape.

Sorry if this is not much help, let me know if there are any more details about your specific setup and I'll try to troubleshoot it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there documentation somewhere for using the new water body actors? When I drag the ocean body into the scene and assign a material to it I don't see anything..

Found this for now - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE9jZbhI3Xg

Last edited by Vallamost; 12-02-2020, 06:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    But do not rush as maybe GPULightmass is working again and is even better and other issues are more cleared too then with stable Unreal then there will be lot of joy even for basic hobbyists like me who learns. Currently dont know what is this in preview 7? tesselation?

Attached Files
    Last edited by AE_3DFX; 12-02-2020, 03:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mistah Grizzly View Post
    full release when ? i need it
    I'd imagine soon they will want to wrap it up before the holidays I think.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    full release when ? i need it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hyunwoo Kang View Post
    Sequencer Spawned Object Owner [External] not working.

UE4.26 P6
    Thanks for reporting this issue. We're looking into it and for tracking purposes, can you take a look here: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-103750

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Viking0077 View Post
    Hi. When i add the new water system to my existing landscape it dont connect/snap to my landscape, is this a bug or do i have to make a new landscape?. I have enabled edit layers on my old landscape
    Just to be sure, did you enable the Landmass plugin? Also, does it work in a fresh level with a brand new landscape? Along those same lines, do you have multiple landscapes within the same level? If so, the WaterBrushManager might be connected to one of your other landscapes and not the old one.

There are also certain settings with the water material and/or the WaterBrushManager that can cause this, but assuming everything is basically set to default it shouldn't have a problem updating with a landscape already made (as long as like you said you enabled edit layers).

Originally posted by Wallenstein View Post

If you are using world composition: it was established earlier in this thread that the water system will not work with world composition. Somebody quoted an UE livestream where they said that.
    It does work with world comp, it just has some prohibitive issues such as large maps creating huge RTs causing extreme performance loss/crashes when moving water bodies around, or weird landscape deformation patterns emerging, etc. At a basic level though, it does deform and work on world comp landscapes.
    Last edited by DreamGoblin; 12-01-2020, 09:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Viking0077 View Post
    Hi. When i add the new water system to my existing landscape it dont connect/snap to my landscape, is this a bug or do i have to make a new landscape?. I have enabled edit layers on my old landscape
    If you are using world composition: it was established earlier in this thread that the water system will not work with world composition. Somebody quoted an UE livestream where they said that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X