Unreal Engine 4.26 Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gpu lighmass working like a charm.

But im getting -1.000.000,000 percentage on progress bar when i try "Bake what you see"

Just waiting to see a documentation update

Comment

Originally posted by kurylo3d View Post
      Its possible that the static lights get baked way way darker then a stationary light. See screenshot comparison .. same light.. just staic vs stationary.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gputest2.jpg
Views:	2053
Size:	582.5 KB
ID:	1815815

Realized the 2nd screenshot i sent was just the lumens were off for some reason.. set to unitless messed things up, but the other one with the street light.. not baking at all.. so still issues in that level... level does have sublevels if that matters at all.

Comment

Seems like all of my lights were switched to unitless instead of lumens when upgrading my project to 4.26.. Problem is instead of 1000 lumens it switches it to 1000 unitless which makes it a very tiny lumen value if i switch to lumen.. very annoying.

Comment

ive been told that 1) GPU Lightmass shares code with the path tracer, and we're limited to 128 lights now 2) Due to the same reason, non inversed square falloff lights are not supported

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
            Chaos works for what it is needed in Fortnite. Fast scene queries, vehicles. The rest was not a focus, since it is not used in game.
            Speaking to Chaos vehicle. Can Epic please give us a demo how to make it work? I guest it's as simple as enable Chaos vehicle plugin & starting a vehicle template, then PIE, but the vehicle doesn't move, it just... pinned in air

Comment

Bug reporter still down, here's my bug report on GTAO and Skylights.

GTAO disables skylights when intensity is set to 1

Enable GTAO (r.AmbientOcclusion.Method=1 in DefaultEngine.ini).
              In the post-process volume of a default map, or in the environment settings of the static mesh editor, set AO intensity to 1.
              Drive skylight intensity up to make sure it is very visible.

When enabling GTAO in a project on 4.26, setting AO intensity to 1 prevents skylights from lighting the scene.
              Helium Rain, a realistic space opera

Comment

Is there happen to be a documentation for the new features anywhere? I’m particularly interested in the runtime rendering with the render manager.

Comment

Originally posted by muchcharles View Post
                  Here's the list of all the new plugins for anyone interested. Has anyone figured out what the 'EnhancedInput' one is yet?
                  By looking at code, it implements the concept of Input Contexts. We could now define a separate set of input mappings for differents player modes, i.e. UI, human character, vehicle, etc. Currently, in UE4, there's only one set of input mappings for the entire game.

Comment

Hey guys, the new volumetric cloud is not working with raytraced reflections? I only see choppy cubemap updates on reflective materials when using raytraced reflections.

I can disable realtime skylight updates to avoid those choppy reflections as a workaround but for dynamic lighting I need proper raytraced reflections of clouds.

Is this planned or is there some other workaround to get this working?
                    my behance and instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Moth Doctor View Post

By looking at code, it implements the concept of Input Contexts. We could now define a separate set of input mappings for differents player modes, i.e. UI, human character, vehicle, etc. Currently, in UE4, there's only one set of input mappings for the entire game.
                      Couldn't you essentially do that already with the input stack and/or with a context prefix on each action name?

Comment

Originally posted by kurylo3d View Post
                        ive been told that 1) GPU Lightmass shares code with the path tracer, and we're limited to 128 lights now 2) Due to the same reason, non inversed square falloff lights are not supported
                        This isnt my only issue it would seem...

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...pu-baking.html

Comment

Originally posted by takistudio View Post

Speaking to Chaos vehicle. Can Epic please give us a demo how to make it work? I guest it's as simple as enable Chaos vehicle plugin & starting a vehicle template, then PIE, but the vehicle doesn't move, it just... pinned in air
                          The template might still be using physX idk, but chaos vehicles do work, just make a new one. If your car is hanging in the air, make sure you have the mesh set to simulate physics and your wheel colliders are set to kinematic. (and you have a animBP that is a vehicleAnimInstance and you put a wheel controller node in there)

It looks like there are two movement components, if you make a pawn derived from wheeledVehiclePawn it will use VehicleMovementComponent. But if you just make a new pawn and add chaosWheeledVehicleMovement. Both work and use chaos, and seem to be basically the same but chaosWheeledVehicleMovement has the engine RPM exposed to bp.

If the car doesn't move, try increasing the Engine Rev Up MOI, my car move reeeeaaallly slow and increasing that fixed it.

It seems that PXVIS no longer works, but I did find typing p.vehicle in the cmd bring up a lot of options to show debug stuff
                          Last edited by bellyarms; 09-27-2020, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Chaos is production ready. So does that mean chaos is already implemented with unreal engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Artistchampion View Post
                              Chaos is production ready. So does that mean chaos is already implemented with unreal engine?
                              Yes, it is on by default in 4.26. if you want chaos vehicles, you need to enable that plugin

Comment

Yes! Ive been wanting to try chaos for a long time!
                                thank you epic!

Comment

Working...
                                X