No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.26 Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Om my side when I try to run preview GPU lightmass with ToggleLightmapPreview command
    I get this error
    Code:
    Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/Materials/MaterialShared.cpp] [Line: 2205] Fatal Error Material not found
    Default config + RHI is set on DirectX 12 and Virtual Texture Lightmaps is Enable. I run on a RTX 2070. Windows 10 updated and last Nvidia driver installed

Comment

Originally posted by ConverseFox View Post
      The new water system isn't in preview 1 as stated previously in this thread. It'll be in preview 2.
      great to know i wasted my time ... thanks for letting us know

Comment

Ограничение physics при помощи xy plan корректно не работает. Обьект при сталкновении изменяет координату по оси Z.

Comment

So, the Virtual Heightfield Mesh plugin is definitely new, it's not available in 4.25 and can be found as "Done in 4.26" on the roadmap. It seems it can stream the height data for a landscape which is just what I need... does anyone know how to set this up?

Comment

PhysX to Chaos engine migration is having me in Vietnam flashbacks. My project is heavy on physics simulation, attachments/constraints, force calculations etc. Some users are reporting broken features. I fear I will have to carry this one out in 4.25 or spend eternity trying to find workarounds for my working systems.

Comment

Also having weird fps drops i haven't noticed in 4.25 and engine crashes when trying to drag atmospheric fog into the map with dynamic lightning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mightyraiderftw View Post
                PhysX to Chaos engine migration is having me in Vietnam flashbacks. My project is heavy on physics simulation, attachments/constraints, force calculations etc. Some users are reporting broken features. I fear I will have to carry this one out in 4.25 or spend eternity trying to find workarounds for my working systems.
                Unfortunately it seems that Chaos will probably not really be usable until 4.27 or 5.0 ... and that would surely be a real issue with PhysX getting disabled and then completely deprecated/removed, unless 4.26 previews will keep going for many months to make everything Chaos physics really production ready.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post

Unfortunately it seems that Chaos will probably not really be usable until 4.27 or 5.0 ... and that would surely be a real issue with PhysX getting disabled and then completely deprecated/removed, unless 4.26 previews will keep going for many months to make everything Chaos physics really production ready.
                  It's directly 5.0 after 4.26, no 4.27

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

What GPU do you have ?
                    rtx2070 previously I was using a build of GPU lightmass that was shared here on forums for 4.25.3

my behance and instagram

Comment

Originally posted by biiiiioshock View Post

It's directly 5.0 after 4.26, no 4.27
                      Wrong.
                      Check the issues database, many bugs are planned to be fixed in 4.27

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issu...mponent=&sort=

Comment

Hi, I've encountered a few serious issues (confirmed/tested on two different machines):

1) cvar "stat none" causes an instant crash (whether called in BP or via console entry).

2) Raytraced Skylight Shadows is completely broken (Skylight > Cast Ray Tracing Shadows).

Hybrid vs PathTracer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SkylightShadows_Hybrid.png
Views:	1564
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	1815707 Click image for larger version

Name:	PT.png
Views:	1559
Size:	616.6 KB
ID:	1815708
                        Lead Artist @ Cinesite

Comment

Chaos is not production ready. It is very buggy and badly performing. Please do the sensible thing and revert the premature decision to make it the default.

Comment

Wrong.
                            Check the issues database, many bugs are planned to be fixed in 4.27

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issu...mponent=&sort=
                            Hmmm maybe you are right then, but before this, 4.26 release was planned to be the last one before UE5

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by biiiiioshock View Post

Hmmm maybe you are right then, but before this, 4.26 release was planned to be the last one before UE5
                              They might have changed their mind because 5.0 release is far away.. maybe 4.27 will be the last one or they will even make a 4.28 who knows?
                              For now 4.27 is listed as a Target Fix for a lot of bugs.
                              And the bugs are the main issue. Now with Chaos that should be production ready but users are experiencing otherwise...
                              I wonder if there at Epic Games the marketing department forces programmers and engineers to release unfinished code or what? Because I really see no reason to rush products that aren't stable. What is the purpose? Then Fortnite and AAA games using UE4 and next UE5 won't really have all the bugs affecting small indie developers.. So an obvious question becomes if the public releases are not the same as the ones used internally and for big software houses paying an expensive license premium?
                              Last edited by DarkS474; 09-26-2020, 09:43 AM.

Comment

They might have changed their mind because 5.0 release is far away.. maybe 4.27 will be the last one or they will even make a 4.28 who knows?
                                For now 4.27 is listed as a Target Fix for a lot of bugs.
                                And the bugs are the main issue. Now with Chaos that should be production ready but users are experiencing otherwise...
                                I wonder if there at Epic Games the marketing department forces programmers and engineers to release unfinished code or what? Because I really see no reason to rush products that aren't stable. What is the purpose? Then Fortnite and AAA games using UE4 and next UE5 won't really have all the bugs affecting small indie developers.. So an obvious question becomes if the public releases are not the same as the ones used internally and for big software houses paying an expensive license premium?
                                I see a lot of speculation.
                                1. Everybody is using the same engine.
                                2. Chaos used in fortnite is the same as you got now.

Chaos works for what it is needed in Fortnite. Fast scene queries, vehicles. The rest was not a focus, since it is not used in game.

Chaos should be pushed now to public and be enabled by default. If you don't like it you are welcome to stay at 4.25 or download sources and compile with PhysX. Releasing it now, help uncover issues and fix them.

Most games won't have any issues with Chaos. Simply, most games do not use physics for anything beyond scene queries.

Next version is 5.0. Version numbers really doesn't mean much.
                                https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Working...
                                X