No announcement yet.

Unreal Engine 4.26 Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(edit: found it, it is in a separate plugin named FullBodyIK)

Where is the new fullbody IK controlrig node? I searched several variations and couldn't find it:

Last edited by muchcharles; 09-25-2020, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Well, new chaos clothing made my clothes behave really weird. And i don't see any way to switch to old cloth simulation. Nice one unreal.

Comment

Just installed 4.26 P1. Chaos seems to OK. Thanks unreal.

Comment

Also engine seems to freeze for several minutes when scaling physics assets for clothing. Definitly could use a guide on how to set up new chaos cloth. Cause it's a hot mess right now.

Comment

Originally posted by muchcharles View Post
            (edit: found it, it is in a separate plugin named FullBodyIK)

Where is the new fullbody IK controlrig node? I searched several variations and couldn't find it:

it's a plugin
            Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
            Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
            TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

How do I get all the BP's for Chaos into 4.26? I would especially like to get the fps to destroy my GC.

Comment

Dynamic Speaker Map Control for 2D Sounds. With this feature, 2D (non-spatialized) sounds can be controlled from a Blueprint to determine how source channels map to output channels, specifically speaker mapping.
                Anybody know where this is? I went through the BP API for Audio but am not seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince.TK View Post

No, Chaos destruction is on Preview version. And it's work. Not really well, but it's works.

( And it's activated by default )
                  If it's activated by default and PhysX gets removed in the final release for 4.26 but Chaos won't really be fully stable
                  then there would be tons of issue with practically everything on the marketplace too.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT View Post
                    Volumetric Clouds does not seem to be working . Its included in the build but the complete sky is black.
                    - activate the Volumetrics cloud plugin
                    - drag and drop a volumetric cloud actor
                    - insert the material mentioned on the release post in the actor

this should work

Comment

Originally posted by LethalDumpster View Post
                      Shallow water plugin, is an older plugin. The new one is "Water" plugin and yeah, it is being pushed to Preview 2, after they missed the Preview 1 deadline. I asked about the plugins on stream, and I was luckily answered that

Though Landmass plugin does appear to exist in Preview 1
                      Did they mention the buoyancy system in the stream?

Comment

Bugreport seems broken.
                        When creating a new project in 4.26.p1; game - blank project - ray tracing enabled UE crashes before the editor even launches. Errors regarding RHI and OculusHMD. Submitted several crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosker View Post
                          oohh it might mean Chaos (the physics engine) is there and replacing PhysX but maybe Chaos Destruction isn't there. to get Destruction you need to activate a plugin, so maybe that's the missing part. or maybe indeed the Destruction still needs a custom engine build
                          it is there in source build however not in launcher.
                          Matt Walton: Programmer and owner of WireLiteSoft Games.

[Streaming Terrains][WireLiteSoft.us]

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Its by default built in now, launching its going to be chaos unless you specifically use the physx interface override instead, its also very very unstable currently as its still being heavily iterated on (from git commits). Kind of surprised that 4.26 P1 was put out before some more polish passes on it tbh, guess its going to be a long series of previews.
                            rofl maybe. maybe they will say screw it and give us ue5 and scrap this heap of bugs
                            Matt Walton: Programmer and owner of WireLiteSoft Games.

[Streaming Terrains][WireLiteSoft.us]

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Its by default built in now, launching its going to be chaos unless you specifically use the physx interface override instead, its also very very unstable currently as its still being heavily iterated on (from git commits). Kind of surprised that 4.26 P1 was put out before some more polish passes on it tbh, guess its going to be a long series of previews.
                              Usually it is not a long time between previews and official release. But if Chaos is just not production ready and unstable like in alpha stage or worse then they should delay the 4.26.0 release until everything is fully stable and really production ready. Otherwise the 4.26 release would break compatibility with everything PhysX related in the engine and cause a lot of trouble.

Comment

Chaos Vehicle (Experimental). By default, the Chaos Vehicle physics system will replace PhysX for developers who need real-time vehicles with real-world physics simulation
                                it's been a while coming so i'll wait for the full release, heres hopefull
                                UT40K:The Chosen - Warhammer 40,000 for UE4
                                ut40kgeodav - UE4 Tutorials

Comment

Working...
                                X