Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make a character's hairstyle collide not only with the character but also with other characters and objects? It is very annoying that the strands fall into the meshes and underground!

Comment

4.26 use plugin 'hololens media player' ,there is screen flickering bug

Comment

The bug report seems to be broken, so here's the report here - setting AO intensity to 1 disables sky lights.
        https://pasteboard.co/JsHr2gb.png

Helium Rain, a realistic space opera

Comment

• Amanda.Schade commented
          Editing a comment
          You're right! The bug report has been fixed - thanks!
          Last edited by Amanda.Schade; 10-05-2020, 03:23 PM.

Originally posted by Chosker View Post

if you read the release notes in the OP it says Chaos replaces PhysX, so how can Chaos not be in the launcher version?
        because i don't see it in 4.26 or it is broken?
        Matt Walton: Programmer and owner of WireLiteSoft Games.

[Streaming Terrains][WireLiteSoft.us]

Comment

Originally posted by tc22 View Post
          I found this map in landmass!
          that's one of Ryan Brucks' experiments. it's been there for 2 or 3 UE4 releases and some of it derivated into the new Water plugin, but that's really not it
          Follow me on Twitter!
          Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
          Local Image-Based Lighting for UE4

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post

Its by default built in now, launching its going to be chaos unless you specifically use the physx interface override instead, its also very very unstable currently as its still being heavily iterated on (from git commits). Kind of surprised that 4.26 P1 was put out before some more polish passes on it tbh, guess its going to be a long series of previews.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post
              oohh it might mean Chaos (the physics engine) is there and replacing PhysX but maybe Chaos Destruction isn't there. to get Destruction you need to activate a plugin, so maybe that's the missing part. or maybe indeed the Destruction still needs a custom engine build
              Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

How would you re-enable PhysX? Found PHYSICS_INTERFACE_PHYSX definition in the code.... Hope it doesn't require a custom built engine.
                Last edited by BlueMountainsIO; 09-25-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Hey VictorLerp there's no 4.26 option in the dropdowns for bug reporting on either the public submission page or UDN (unsure if it's normally there before actual full release or not). Should we be using N/A for now and put 4.26p1 in the title or something? Ex. https://udn.unrealengine.com/s/quest...L00004nVOBpSAO
                  Cameron Abt
                  CEO
                  Atlas Bay VR

Atlas Bay VR Logo

Comment

• VictorLerp commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the mention Cameron, 4.26 is there now and should be used for the previews as well.

Will there be any media framework updates with release at all?

Or all towards 5.0?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMountainsIO View Post
                    How would you re-enable PhysX? Found PHYSICS_INTERFACE_PHYSX definition in the code.... Hope it doesn't require a custom built engine.
                    those are compile defines, so yes that will require a custom built engine
                    Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

I think Chaos replacing PhysX is great! But I see many bugs right now: physical handle component is broken, attach/detach physics actors is broken too, etc. I made a twitter thread of what I found so far, with videos: https://twitter.com/games_inu/status...35036509368320

Btw, the project is just the third person template from launcher, no change to anything in project settings/editor settings.
                      Last edited by scha; 09-25-2020, 09:09 AM.
                      Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
                      Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
                      TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

When searching for the new water stuff under "Plugins" I (for the first time) noted the "Virtual Heightfield Mesh" plugin? Is that new? What does it do (couldn't find any documentation)?

Comment

Hello,
                          Fog on hair is still not working like in 4.25.x, hope it will be fix soon.
                          Does anyone have this problem ?

https://imgur.com/fzQaf6m

Comment

Originally posted by Chosker View Post
                            oohh it might mean Chaos (the physics engine) is there and replacing PhysX but maybe Chaos Destruction isn't there. to get Destruction you need to activate a plugin, so maybe that's the missing part. or maybe indeed the Destruction still needs a custom engine build
                            No, Chaos destruction is on Preview version. And it's work. Not really well, but it's works.

( And it's activated by default )

Comment

Working...
                            X