This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arkiras View Post
    Most likely this is because GPU lightmass uses raytracing and BSP geometry is not supported by raytracing
    As far as I know (from old bsp workflow egnines), brushes should be compiled into final geometry before the start of light baking, maybe GPU lightmass perparation skips it, so there is no final bsp geometry to process? Anyway, I reported this bug to the tracker.

Comment

Trying to compile in Unreal Engine 4.26 and having a lot of unresolved externals with classes inheriting from UDeveloperSettings, though its module is "Engine" and that's already in the dependencies... any idea of which new dependency is required?

Comment

Originally posted by Giosialu View Post
        Trying to compile in Unreal Engine 4.26 and having a lot of unresolved externals with classes inheriting from UDeveloperSettings, though its module is "Engine" and that's already in the dependencies... any idea of which new dependency is required?
        There's now a separated module called "DeveloperSettings"

Comment

preview 7
          enabled dx12
          gpu LIGHTMASS
          ray tracing on
          on trying to start project I get crash

Fatal error: [File:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/ShaderCompiler/ShaderCompiler.cpp] [Line: 5232] Failed to compile global shader FStationaryLightShadowTracingRGS . Enable 'r.ShaderDevelopmentMode' in ConsoleVariables.ini for retries.

UE4Editor_Engine
          UE4Editor_Engine
          UE4Editor_Engine
          UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
          UE4Editor
          UE4Editor
          UE4Editor
          UE4Editor
          UE4Editor
          kernel32
          ntdll

Comment

Originally posted by tridiART View Post
            preview 7
            enabled dx12
            gpu LIGHTMASS
            ray tracing on
            on trying to start project I get crash

Fatal error: [File:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/ShaderCompiler/ShaderCompiler.cpp] [Line: 5232] Failed to compile global shader FStationaryLightShadowTracingRGS . Enable 'r.ShaderDevelopmentMode' in ConsoleVariables.ini for retries.

UE4Editor_Engine
            UE4Editor_Engine
            UE4Editor_Engine
            UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
            UE4Editor
            UE4Editor
            UE4Editor
            UE4Editor
            UE4Editor
            kernel32
            ntdll
            SAME thing here.
            I enabled the r. part , and it did get a little further, froim 46 to 57% but still failed same as your error.
            Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
            https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

"D3D12RHI" is the Unreal devil, it's everywhere crashing to everyone since a few versions ago.
              Happens to Fortnite players too, some times it stops for a while but usually comes back when the engine is loading lazy fonts.
              | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Interesting about when Unreal starts to fully support Vulkan ray tracing & all other features?
                tox.chat - Skype alternative, fast C/C++, no bloat.

Comment

Can anyone tell me how to enable occlusion using depth in AR kit on iphone 12?

Comment

Turning off Render After DOF on a translucent material (Surface ForwardShading) crashes the editor when saving or clicking "apply".

In fact, checking or unchecking any of the boxes on the material node and then saving the material crashes the editor.

Update: It's another tessellation-related bug. See reply below.
                    Last edited by decksounds13; 11-21-2020, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I think I have this bug isolated. World space coordinates plugged into a normal map crash the editor if the material has Render after DOF enabled on a translucent material. If I use regular Texture Coordinates it will compile in preview 7. I already submitted a bug report but I can be much more specific about how to reproduce it so maybe I'll submit a new one.

Update: It compiles if tessellation is turned off on the material. Just another bug related to the broken tessellation.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by decksounds13; 11-21-2020, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I just checked the issues page, no one has submitted any bugs related to preview 7's tessellation problems... am I the only one that's having these problems or are people just not submitting bug reports? Does Epic know this is an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by decksounds13 View Post
                          I just checked the issues page, no one has submitted any bugs related to preview 7's tessellation problems... am I the only one that's having these problems or are people just not submitting bug reports? Does Epic know this is an issue?
                          Well, how should i put it: It´s one thing, writing those bug reports, and another, getting them accepted/registered by the devs... (and a third one, getting those reports/bugs actually solved).

Comment

Originally posted by decksounds13 View Post
                            The issues tracker seems to be pretty much useless for the public. Go to the original post and scroll down to all the bug fixes, copy one of the tracker ID's and look it up on the issue tracker. Practically all of them are private.

Literally all you can do is just submit it and hope it gets fixed some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkiras View Post
                              The issues tracker seems to be pretty much useless for the public. Go to the original post and scroll down to all the bug fixes, copy one of the tracker ID's and look it up on the issue tracker. Practically all of them are private.

Literally all you can do is just submit it and hope it gets fixed some day.
                              Gotcha, I had no clue. I had one bug submitted a few years ago but didn't know that's how it was.

Comment

Been having some trouble with the water plugin and world comp. Does anyone know why this would be happening:

Specifically, I'm referring to the way the water material seems to just stop rendering at around 153K units in both X and Y (so the image above is showing the top right of its maximum bounds). Not sure if it's something with the way I have my world comp/landscape setup (I've had this same problem in multiple attempts at creating a world comp setup) or if it's just a limitation of the water plugin?

It still deforms the landscape as expected. It's just the water material itself that is getting cut-off. In case it makes a difference, this instance of world comp was setup by importing an externally made tiled landscape. Also, I'm up to date with 4.26 via Github (although this has been happening since it first went live).

While I'm sort of on the subject, I'm also having a problem with the water body landscape weightmap setting. In this example I have just a basic landscape material setup with two layers (Color1/green and Color2/red). I can get it to work just fine with a landscape spline, but it doesn't seem to show up with any of the water bodies (a river in this case). Am I just not understanding what the "Layer Weightmap Settings" does on a water body? I assume like the landscape spline it just looks for the landscape layer you provide it, but that isn't happening here.
                                Last edited by DreamGoblin; 11-23-2020, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X