This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mfletcher89 View Post
    Cannot use GPU Lightmass plugin with Preview 7. Crashes on launch. Is there no way to revert to preview 6? I really needed to experiment with this.
    Also, the Github tree for UE4 seems.... gone?
    https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...26.0-preview-6

This link doesn't work for me at all.
    You need to have your UE4 account linked to a GitHub account in order to see the link (it works fine for me). You do it by creating an user at GitHub and then using that user information and mention at your user profile where it asks to connect to GitHub in this link: https://www.unrealengine.com/account/connections
    Nilson Lima
    Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
    Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
    supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Hello
      how does Chaos Cloth work ?
      does it replace Apex cloth ?
      Can chaos cloth collide with the environment ?

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post

You need to have your UE4 account linked to a GitHub account in order to see the link (it works fine for me). You do it by creating an user at GitHub and then using that user information and mention at your user profile where it asks to connect to GitHub in this link: https://www.unrealengine.com/account/connections
        Well now I feel silly. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Prophecies View Post

Well now I feel silly. Thanks for the help!
          Not at all, that is more of a common issue than you think, but remember also that you need to be logged in with GitHub always in order to see the link, otherwise you will receive the same error.
          Nilson Lima
          Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
          Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/FUwTvzr

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
          supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Using Visual Studio to build the preview takes a long time. Anything I am missing to speed up that process?
            Took about 3hrs to build.

Comment

Originally posted by BernhardRieder View Post
              Using Visual Studio to build the preview takes a long time. Anything I am missing to speed up that process?
              Except for upgrading hardware? Not much

Comment

Originally posted by BernhardRieder View Post
                Make sure to use an nvme drive if possible. With a 3950X and decent nvme it builds in around 14-15min.

Comment

Using preview 7 and enabled dx12 , gpu LIGHTMASS and ray tracing , but on trying to start project I get
                  LoginId:c3f065d24ed76cada9dca2a911fc515b
                  EpicAccountId:22e5ac31a7334c5695c9986f0d9d2c9d

Fatal error: [File:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/ShaderCompiler/ShaderCompiler.cpp] [Line: 5232] Failed to compile global shader FStationaryLightShadowTracingRGS . Enable 'r.ShaderDevelopmentMode' in ConsoleVariables.ini for retries.

UE4Editor_Engine
                  UE4Editor_Engine
                  UE4Editor_Engine
                  UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
                  UE4Editor
                  UE4Editor
                  UE4Editor
                  UE4Editor
                  UE4Editor
                  kernel32
                  ntdll

Known issue ?
                  Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
                  https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

Hi. Can't you add a feature such as use LOD 0 of all scene objects when rendering to High Quality Media Export? Just like vray. While I can use multiple LODs while navigating the scene, I want to render only LOD 0 during rendering.

Comment

What does, excuse me if that went a little over my head, that have to do with a compiler error ? I'm not expert on anything compilation , but....
                      Having said that, I did put .ShaderDevelopmentMode' in ConsoleVariables.ini. I did enable engine to start loading newly copied project, but instead of stopping at 45% it made it to 57%, stil no love LOL

Anyway...NEW while you should have SAID who you were replying to , LOL .

I reiterate, your repsonse did NOT solve my issue in case anyone thinks it did
                      Last edited by neighborlee; 11-19-2020, 10:37 AM.
                      Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
                      https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

The CVar for ray traced shadow samples has no effect:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shadow_Cvar.jpg
Views:	1283
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	1834027
                        ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Compiled today 4.26 tree from github. GPU lightmass doesn't support bsp geometry actors. They seem to be ignored by gpu lightmass (don't cast and don't receive shadows). Checked on sanctuary map of ShooterGame example. CPU lightmass works just fine.

Reproduced bug on archivis template.
                          1. Enable all gpu lightmass requirements.
                          2. Change all lights to static.
                          3. Reset world settings - lightmass.
                          4. Add some bsp geometry.
                          5. Bake cpu lightmass. it's ok.
                          6. Bake gpu lightmass. It's not ok - bsp geometry doesn't cast shadows.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	cpu_lightmass.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.9 KB ID:	1834087 Click image for larger version  Name:	gpu_lightmass.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.2 KB ID:	1834088
                          Last edited by Orbis Majora; 11-19-2020, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Orbis Majora View Post
                            Compiled today 4.26 tree from github. GPU lightmass doesn't support bsp geometry actors. They seem to be ignored by gpu lightmass (don't cast and don't receive shadows). Checked on sanctuary map of ShooterGame example. CPU lightmass works just fine.
                            You should probably report this using official bug report form.

Comment

When ist Twinmotion import to Unreal coming?

Comment

Originally posted by Orbis Majora View Post
                                GPU lightmass doesn't support bsp geometry actors.
                                Most likely this is because GPU lightmass uses raytracing and BSP geometry is not supported by raytracing

Comment

Working...
                                X