Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I updated to 4.26 preview 7 today on a project with a complex modular code architecture and I received a bunch of circular dependencies compile errors. From what I read, it seems like Unreal is treating private module dependencies as public ones, so that a private dependency from module A to module B when a public dependency from B to A alredy exists is not allowed anymore. Is this normal from UE4.26? Am I missing something? I hope I will not have to rethink the entire code architecture from scratch!

Comment

If Raytrace is set to true UE4.26 p7 crashes every time. It's really a Raytrace problem or it's something else?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
        Enabling "crack free displacement" breaks the material in preview 7.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crack_Free_DISP_Error.jpg
Views:	8541
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1831026
        I am facing the same issue. I believe this is a bug which will get fixed on 4.26 release.

Comment

Hi, Loving the way Volumetric Clouds are shaping up.
          Is there a way to render in vr on a HMD for both eyes?
          On 4.26 preview 7 with a vive pro it wil render the clouds only on the left eye.

Comment

Getting crashes when rebuilding nav mesh. Pretty weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank o Malley View Post
              On 4.26 preview 7 with a vive pro it wil render the clouds only on the left eye.
              try disabling instanced stereo in project settings
              my behance and instagram

Comment

Originally posted by UElaci View Post

try disabling instanced stereo in project settings
                I have the same issue and enabling or disabling instanced stereo does not change anything, unfortunately. A whole suite of things only render on the left eye for me, using an Oculus Quest 1 via Link. Things like SSGI, some post process effects, etc. See https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...3980/view.html

Also raytracing just starts going crazy in VR with colors drifting in right eye and ghosting in the left eye. Would love to know where to even start with fixing this!

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post

there is only 1 guy working in the xr/vr department. apply for a job. i'm sure steve could use help.
                  If that's true, shame on Epic (not their XR guy) - with all that money they could hire more hands, but they just don't care and that's why there is only 1 guy in the XR department. Also, unstable DX12 with VR is not XR's department fault. It's most likely rendering department's task to tackle and they are all about PS5/XBSX and pancake PC, but not VR.

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post

Chaos can no longer be used in the Binary builds of the engine - you have to compile it from source and enable Chaos.
                    Yes, I have done that. I am using 4.26p5 source.

Comment

Originally posted by VandelSavage View Post

I am facing the same issue. I believe this is a bug which will get fixed on 4.26 release.
                      This was mentioned a few posts back and in my reply there I commented that this error has already been fixed. You can actually fix it yourself by just changing two lines in that shader file.

In Engine/Shaders/Private/Tessellation.ush make lines 178 and 179 look like this using a text editor:

Code:
                      Result.Tangent0_U.w = UV.x;
                      Result.Tangent1_V.w = UV.y;
                      Save the changes and then just reopen your project and the error should be gone after some shader compiling.
                      Last edited by virtualHC; 11-12-2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I think when using the RuntimeVirtualTextureVolume:
                        * in 4.25 the location of the actor was the center of the volume
                        * in 4.26 the location of the actor is a corner of the volume
                        So virtual textures render incorrectly.

Comment

The composite texture feature doesn't work with VT UDIMs:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Composite_UDIM.jpg
Views:	1242
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1831944
                          ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by fszczemton View Post
                            I think when using the RuntimeVirtualTextureVolume:
                            * in 4.25 the location of the actor was the center of the volume
                            * in 4.26 the location of the actor is a corner of the volume
                            So virtual textures render incorrectly.
                            Please report to Epic using bug report form.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank o Malley View Post
                              I was really hoping the clouds and water would work in VR... as a matter of fact, a lot of things only work in one eye. SSGI is a HUGE one... but hopefully all features in soon-to-be-released (fingers crossed) UE5 will work. Maybe that's why a lot of stuff doesn't work in 4.26. I'm praying that's the case.
                              Last edited by decksounds13; 11-12-2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Getting the following error and crash after updating 4.26 to Preview 7 when I try and open a project.
                                Failed to compile global shader FStationary
                                Is this a known issue? How can I recover my project if I can't open it?

Comment

Working...
                                X